Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [GS Event] [Third Age - Total Recruitment Patch] Like Rain on the Mountain

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default [GS Event] [Third Age - Total Recruitment Patch] Like Rain on the Mountain

Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?

Theoden – before the Battle of the Helm’s Deep

The old alliances have broken down. Good and Evil are no longer set in stone. None can be certain who is friend and who is foe. In this apocalyptic world, only the strongest will survive. The rest…the rest will pass ‘like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow.’

Patch

Using the Total Recruitment Patch v. 1.0

Map

Victory

Your objective is to win the hotseat, either by yourself or as a team of two. If you win by yourself, you will win all of the rewards (see below). If you win as a team of two, then you and your teammate will split the rewards.

All teams must be declared by turn 20. This is to prevent last-minute backstabbing. Up until turn 20, you may remain allied to multiple factions. But on turn 20 you must declare your intention either to pursue victory as a solo faction or as a team of two. All other alliances will be cancelled. A map update will be provided at the end of turn 19, to help players make this decision.

Please keep in mind that there is nothing to prevent deceit, betrayals, or even simply changing one’s mind before turn 20. Prior to that point, this truly is a free-for-all.

Rewards

Points toward Gaming Medal
    20 Rep
    Custom Signature

Factions

Gondor: Rambe12
    Rohan: VACANT
    Dale: DEAD (killed by Dwarves)
    Dwarves: Captainnorway
    Silvan Elves: DEAD (killed by OotMM/Rhun)

Mordor: Potatoto
    Isengard: paladinbob123 (took over turn 9)
    Orcs of the Misty Mountains: General Dragon (took over turn 19)
    Harad: REDBOOSTY (took over turn 19)
    Rhun: Jadli (took over turn 10)

Admin
    Joerock22

Teams

Teams:
    Dwarves & Rhun
    Mordor & Harad
    OotMM & Isengard
    Gondor & Rohan

Independent Factions:
    Silvan Elves

Rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Map:

• No capturing any settlements beyond the red line
    • There is no restriction on where you can move your armies/agents, however
    • Players may capture South Tharbad, but not North Tharbad

Administrative:

• Long campaign
    • Manage all settlements
    • M/M Difficulty

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 24 hours or 48 hours with notification. Admin will sub lightly. I will not skip, but I also will not spend a ton of time on your turn
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Gameplay

• You are not allowed to attack any human opponent on turn 1, unless that player has already played his turn. Attacking includes starting a siege. There is no restriction on where you can move your armies/agents, however.
    • No Invasions
    • You must autoresolve all battles (manual battles disabled)
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories unless it is impossible to achieve a different result (at least 5 reloads)
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No Assassins
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • Players are not allowed to siege a settlement in order to prevent enemy units from retreating inside it
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • All crossings points of the Anduin are in play
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces. If all forces wishing to attack are within range of the ambushing army then it may be brought out of ambush and attacked with those forces.

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 720+ elves, 900+ men, or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • Note – Isengard must have 1500 soldiers in a settlement before it is safe from spies, even if some of those soldiers are dunlendings (men). This is because the standard unit size for Isengard is 250 across the board. Rhun, on the other hand, falls under the 900 man category because its standard unit size is 150
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that a settlement with more defenders has better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by General Dragon.; June 07, 2019 at 03:17 AM. Reason: update teams

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [GS Event] Like Rain on the Mountain (Total Recruitment HS) - POSITIONS OPEN

I'll take any position.

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [GS Event] Like Rain on the Mountain (Total Recruitment HS) - POSITIONS OPEN

I will take Harad, Rohan, Misty Mountains, no particular order.

I will also like to join as Mordor/Gondor/Rohan/Isengard

I would like any faction.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

time to pop my third age cherry

Put me anywhere, but I'd prefer an evil faction

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

I'll take any position
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Citizen

Great turnout so far. For those with preferences, I'll honor them. For everyone else I'll do it randomly.

Someone asked me this question so I figured I'd answer it here. The patch is not compatible with vanilla Third Age saves. What I've done is create two separate data folders within the main Third Age folder, and apply the patch to one of them. Then you just have to remember to name the folder you want to play with as "data" so the game will read it.

Rhun/Dwarves/Harad in this order

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i’ll take a spot, i’ll edit faction preference later

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

I'll join too just to help Joe. I prefer Rohan/Dwarves/Dale .

I would prefer Rohan/Dwarves/Dale please.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Gondor/Dwarves/Mordor, please

Citizen

Okay, we are full. Factions assigned. Everyone who stated a preference got one of the factions they asked for. Players are welcome to trade factions with each other, though obviously you can't trade once you've played your first turn. I'm planning to start the game and upload the first turn tomorrow evening.

I also added the rules. This is just about a carbon copy of the rules from Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields. Note the rule banning attacks against a faction until it has played its first turn. There was some debate about that in the other hotseat so we'll just avoid any potential trouble this time.

Default Re: [GS Event] Like Rain on the Mountain (Total Recruitment HS)

I'm Silvan Elves in the only other Third Age hs i play in, anyone wanna swap?
    i'm not that keen on playing them at two hotseats still going

Citizen

Will anyone switch with Norway? Sorry, but people who didn't state a preference were assigned randomly.

All preexisting diplomacy has been nullified, and all faction relations reset to amiable/reasonable. Welcome to the FFA!

Gondor:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OWh...ew?usp=sharing

i’ve swapped with dwarves

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

I also switched with Celi and I now have Rohan.

Citizen

Okay...so I think I have the factions updated correctly in the OP now.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Sorry for a little halt. Needed some sleep after an exam. Will shortly be on it.

Edit:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KFo...ew?usp=sharing

Rohan
    Last edited by Ramble12; January 25, 2018 at 03:30 PM.

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast