Thread: RIGHTS RELEASED BY THE TOLKIEN ESTATE- MIDDLE EARTH TOTAL WAR CAN NOW BE MADE- THE CASE FOR LOTR TW

Default RIGHTS RELEASED BY THE TOLKIEN ESTATE- MIDDLE EARTH TOTAL WAR CAN NOW BE MADE- THE CASE FOR LOTR TW

"Christopher Tolkien, son and literary heir of J.R.R. Tolkien, resigned from the Tolkien Estate. And his departure changes everything.....With Christopher’s departure as an officer of the Tolkien Estate (which was incorporated in 2011), the long-awaited “rights frenzy” for Tolkien properties may soon begin,

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2017...olkien-estate/

Christopher Tolkien has retired and the rights of the Tolkien estate are up for grabs. Perfect time for CA to make a Lord of the Rings total war. Or, to work with Warner Bros to make a LOTR total war. They have worked together before.

SEGA PARTNERS WITH WARNER BROS.
    https://www.warnerbros.com/studio/news/sega-partners-warner-bros-interactive-entertainment-co-publish-“-matrix-online”

Why Lord of the Rings Total war?

Tolkien carries the largest fantasy fan base of all time only expanded by the movies that could be brought into the total war series. A match made in haven. As someone who has not played a total war game since empire, this would get me back into total war. Lord of the Rings is the best selling fantasy book of all time. The Hobbit is the third best fantasy seller. Besides the Bible, LOTR is the third best selling book of all time, the Hobbit is 8th on the all time list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...-selling_books
    https://jamesclear.com/best-books/best-selling

The world created by Tolkien would fit perfect for the next fantasy total war game. Lord of the Rings provides what Total war needs.

- Large fan base already present
    - Multiple diverse factions with both challenges and bonuses for each
    - Hugh map of Middle Earth with diverse terrain and battle maps
    - Large numbers of diverse units and forces for epic battles
    - Large castles for epic siege battles
    - Hero's of legend with special abilities
    -Agents, spies, assassins, diplomats etc
    - Battle over land, sea and air
    - Economy and trade
    -Exspansions and DLC could be done on the first and second ages

It is not surprising that the most awarded, most downloaded , mod ever made for a total war game is the third age mod.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Age-Total-War

It shows the poetical for what a CA done Lord of the Rings total war would be, it would simply be the "One game to rule them all"

However there is an irrefutable reason CA needs to make middle earth total war. Tolkien was from England, CA is based in England. Tolkien made LOTR so England could have its own fantasy [like the Norse epics]. Therefore out of sheer duty and patriotism, CA must know make the video game for England. It irrefutable. Or else CA have no right to be called Brits.
    Last edited by twc01; February 10, 2018 at 10:41 AM.
    “Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.”
    Malcolm maggeridge

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: RIGHTS RELEASED BY THE TOLKIEN ESTATE- MIDDLE EARTH TOTAL WAR CAN NOW BE MADE- THE CASE FOR LOTR TW

Default Re: RIGHTS RELEASED BY THE TOLKIEN ESTATE- MIDDLE EARTH TOTAL WAR CAN NOW BE MADE- THE CASE FOR LOTR TW

Loved this comment

This is redundant... Anyone involved even slightly in the Total War community should be aware that at LEAST 95% of Total War players would end up buying a Lord of the Rings Total War game on release day.
    CuddleChick3n

I would be opening up my wallet the moment I saw a picture that even vaguely resembled something that might be Total War:LOTR.
    And then, whether or not it actually was that, I would throw the wallet at my monitor as many times as it took for that to happen.
    Faust723

hepsJohn1 23 points 2 months ago
    buying on release day? Motherer I'd pre order the moment it gets announced.

pandom_CoralFranz-ElectorCount 0 points 2 months ago
    I’d give my money now and they’ve not announced it.

Also how many would buy who have not bought a total war?

“Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.”
    Malcolm maggeridge

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Why write it to our forum? It is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Why write it to our forum? It is irrelevant.
    sorry, feel free to move it or delete it. I was just trying to let other Tolkien enthusiasts aware.
    Malcolm maggeridge

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

You just aware them for nothing. If you wanna this come true you should rather write to CA.
    P.S. and don't get confused, gamedev copyrights for lotr&hobbit are held by Warner Bros. Games and were not under Tolkien Estates wing.

Good idea.

Here is their contact info, send an email tell them we want lotr.

https://www.creative-assembly.com/contact
    Malcolm maggeridge

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

It will be interesting to see what kind of things can or will be produced under the new management. There's already an Amazon series coming out!

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

For my part, I'll never buy a LOTR total war because they will make another warhammer's siege game play : juste walls and gates... During siege battle I want fight in all the city not just on walls, that's more interesting and not always same strategy on walls...

Quote Originally Posted by Pierrej0312 View Post
    For my part, I'll never buy a LOTR total war because they will make another warhammer's siege game play : juste walls and gates... During siege battle I want fight in all the city not just on walls, that's more interesting and not always same strategy on walls...
    I like both. But i also like open field battles best. I love the large middel earth map that would allow for those open battles, and when the walls do crumble, city fighting as well.
    Malcolm maggeridge

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If CA ever do this, it will be a DREAM come true.

I was just thinking,Exspansions and DLC could be done on the first and second ages
    Malcolm maggeridge