Thread: You done goofed CA why!

Icon8 You done goofed CA why!

I have such mixed feelings for the Tomb Kings DLC great contant love the new race and legendary lords, now however having seen early access footage I am now so annoyed with the fact that playing as the Tomb Kings I cannot have all their legendary lords at once in my campaign because of stupid starting diplomacy and design, now I know people are going to come at me for lore on this but I am a completionist and I refuse to play without having the option to confederate all 4 legendary lords because of stupid locked diplomacy for Settra and Arkan being at war, now I know it is lore friendly but it takes the fun out of total war which is supposed to be what-if scenario each time you play and I could go to war with Arkan as Settra or vice versa but I don't like being perma-locked in a war that I don't want any part in from the start, at least with the same race; Belegar and Skarsnik don't count because they are different races, but being denied a Legendary lord by game mechanics it's worse then the whole Vlad fighting Manfred nonsense but there you have a choice and aren't railroaded into it, early access to Vampire heroes is besides the point you can get it later on; I don't think that early access to something high-tier is worth trading 3 generals that never die and have beast skill trees and do it from the start (we all know it is annoying that you have to really try hard to get a generic lord to the level they get the trait only they die do agent spam or death stacks of chaos or beastmen coming out of nowhere) but at least with a vampires you have a choice, with this it is preset diplomacy with no negiotiations and no Norsca mechanic of defeating a faction leader nets you an instant confederations: which by the way why isn't available for all factions it would certainly make playing the Empire with Mixus Legendary lord mod easier. But that is not my point; my point is that the player should have the choice to declare war or make friends with whom ever they choose and not be railroaded into by developers even if the relations are lore-friendly I remind people that the End Times are lore friendly we left lore friendly behind when CA rebooted the Warhammer fantasy IP with their deal with GW. so if you want to start a war with Arkan as Settra you can but it should be your choice and not the developers

Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Default Re: You done goofed CA why!

get a mod for that

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

To be honest though, I agree with jedi. Total War should be a sandbox game primarily, there shouldn't be restrictions that are solely in place to appease a tiny sub-sect of Warhammer fans who understand the reference.
    Last edited by Frunk; January 20, 2018 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Continuity.

He starts with lower diplomatic relations, but I don't think you are "railroaded" into it. I've gone to war plenty of times with Malekith as Morathi, because he hates me even though we get a diplomatic buff. His is like -40 with other tomb kings, but I bet if you played the diplomacy game right you could probably ally with him with some work anyway. Also, this dude just wants to have a bunch of OP generals which is pretty funny. I am pretty sure agents can't kill your general btw, only wound. I don't think I have ever actually lost a general generic, not to mention I am pretty sure generic lords (+heroes) now have the "immortal" trait so they only get wounded when killed in action if you take it.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    To be honest though, I agree with jedi. Total War should be a sandbox game primarily, there shouldn't be restrictions that are solely in place to appease a tiny sub-sect of Warhammer fans who understand the reference.
    It would be fairly odd to make a Warhammer game and use the map and armies but throw the rest of the lore out of the window though. It's stuff like this which gives campaigns a more unique feeling. There's mods for people who don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    He starts with lower diplomatic relations, but I don't think you are "railroaded" into it. I've gone to war plenty of times with Malekith as Morathi, because he hates me even though we get a diplomatic buff. His is like -40 with other tomb kings, but I bet if you played the diplomacy game right you could probably ally with him with some work anyway. Also, this dude just wants to have a bunch of OP generals which is pretty funny. I am pretty sure agents can't kill your general btw, only wound. I don't think I have ever actually lost a general generic, not to mention I am pretty sure generic lords (+heroes) now have the "immortal" trait so they only get wounded when killed in action if you take it.
    That wasn't my point you can do whatever the heck you want in your own campaigns, it is restricting player freedom, also Settra and Arkhan do not start with negative relations they start full out at war and are restricted from making peace as the player or AI, also I will never play with the Great power enabled it is a stupid mechanic from Attila that just makes the AI hate the player, also Agents can kill generals if they get a critical success, and as for me wanting to have a bunch of op generals well I play for fun not for a challenge there is a difference between a this is Total war Game and a game you just want to have fun and do quest battles for all the Legendary lords of a faction, also you play vanilla versus modded which is an entirely different game, as for the Immortal trait you have to keep the Heroes alive to 20 to get it and lord to 30 you have no idea how long and ardous and frustrating the process is when your character is about that level and they get murdered by agent spam or stack spam, have you even played modded
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    That wasn't my point you can do whatever the heck you want in your own campaigns, it is restricting player freedom, also Settra and Arkhan do not start with negative relations they start full out at war and are restricted from making peace as the player or AI, also I will never play with the Great power enabled it is a stupid mechanic from Attila that just makes the AI hate the player, also Agents can kill generals if they get a critical success, and as for me wanting to have a bunch of op generals well I play for fun not for a challenge there is a difference between a this is Total war Game and a game you just want to have fun and do quest battles for all the Legendary lords of a faction, also you play vanilla versus modded which is an entirely different game, as for the Immortal trait you have to keep the Heroes alive to 20 to get it and lord to 30 you have no idea how long and ardous and frustrating the process is when your character is about that level and they get murdered by agent spam or stack spam, have you even played modded
    If you play the game modded, why don't you just mod it and fix this after it's out?

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    If you play the game modded, why don't you just mod it and fix this after it's out?
    because the mod has to be compatible with Crysnos faction unlocker and Mixu's legendary lords mod as well as a few others the modify diplomacy, also I should not have to fix CA's mistakes, there is a difference between player choice and forcing the player to do something that some players wouldn't like to do, for
    Certified Genius

I don't even understand how if Arkhan actually does start out at war with Settra is even a mistake. If those two started out friendly you could probably just confederate half of the continent, not to mention there would be no real tension if any to the west of Settra (east of Arkhan). It is a good design choice. Besides, by the time you attempt to confederate the other two one or both may or may not be destroyed. They are literally across the entire map.

Watch Lionheart's Settra let's play you'll see what I mean, as for the Tomb Kings LLs being scattered across the map I knew that would be a problem but it shouldn't be a problem if I get an agent to find them and confederate them when they are getting stomped, it is duable with Tyrion and Teclis as well as Queek and Skrolk I see no problems with confederating the other factions if I get to them, but it will be near impossible to do if Settra and Arkhan kill each other, and if they are fighting from the start, it is possible to confederate Manfred Kemmler and Ghorst as Vlad or vice versa because those two don't start at war, in fact I don't think Vlad starts at war with anyone but has the option to attack any of his neighbors, personally I attack Templehof and Stirland at the same time and then follow up by attacking Zhufbar alongside Manfred and at the same time Averland, so mass ground covering and confederations that net you territory across are both feesible if you are patient enough, in fact I argue you should get the Legendary lords of faction that is the same race as you own if you conquer the faction instead of just being stuck with one Legendary lord or two if your lucky or three if you are even luckier, I will probably have more fun playing as Tretch Craventail then as Arkhan or Settra, and not even counting the fun I get out the Dark Elves, also you are fool not to confederate Morathi as Malakith as you don't get access to a dedicated caster lord, or the fun I get out the Empire with Mixu
    Certified Genius

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Problem is, each player has different view how to play, what is fun, what is interesting.

-Lorewise game make sense. And I personally prefer every faction to be slightly different even in term of LL distribution, overall goals...
    -mod wise, it is not CA´s fault that some mods are not compatible. You should "rant" their creators or ask politely for fix/mod.
    -If CA implements some kind of settings for campaign like "no lore diplomacy limits" than why not 1000x other possibilities. Somebody doesn´t like trade, manual battles,autoresolve,reinforce mechanics, agents.....it would be hell to balance things under so many options.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Problem is, each player has different view how to play, what is fun, what is interesting.

-Lorewise game make sense. And I personally prefer every faction to be slightly different even in term of LL distribution, overall goals...
    -mod wise, it is not CA´s fault that some mods are not compatible. You should "rant" their creators or ask politely for fix/mod.
    -If CA implements some kind of settings for campaign like "no lore diplomacy limits" than why not 1000x other possibilities. Somebody doesn´t like trade, manual battles,autoresolve,reinforce mechanics, agents.....it would be hell to balance things under so many options.
    I'm only arguing that Settra and Arkhan not start at war, they can have negative relations people can go to war with either if they want to, I just do not want to fight a war which nets me nothing that I can use long term and that is just pointless infighting when the true threat is Chaos and their doom stacks as well as the Surtha Ek and his chariot spam I would rather have Arkhan as Legendary lord against those threats then not have him at all, still does nobody have interest in implamenting the Norsca system where you can force a confederation thru war, instead destroying the faction and gaining net 0 legendary lords
    Certified Genius