Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANCIENT EMPIRES BETA TESTING

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default ANCIENT EMPIRES BETA TESTING

Ancient Empires Testing Notes Greetings all. Here we would like to note that we are in an small phase of testing for campaign mechanics. Over the next 24 hours, if you are interested in joining the small team of testers, please follow the instructions below:

Notice: All testers will be credited on the forum and in game. Please do not release any files to the public.

1. To submit to be a tester, please send an email to ancientempiresteam@gmail.com. Please provide your twcenter name, a brief background on modding that you have, along with a download link to a mod that you have created. This mod has to be either db or script based (not looking for any visual experts at the moment).
    2. Once you have submitted, the team will take a look and correspond with you regarding the next step.
    3. Now a tester, we will provide you access to a separate discussion board, and provide the mod files to test.

What we are looking for:
    1. Edit: Defamation bug fixed. No longer an issue.
    2. 50 - 100 turns of campaign game-play testing. We are first looking first for stability. Stress the system as much as you can, and report any crashes.
    3. Campaign Mechanics - Note how your campaign is playing. How dynamic is your economy? Do decisions you make have repercussions that are meaningful, good or bad. How does the AI respond, etc.

Factions:
    The five factions we will be testing are: Rome, Seleucid Kingdom, Ptolemy, Madecon and Carthage are the five that will be released. Only Rome and Carthage are done from a scripting standpoint, so these should be tested first. However, some building effects will still need to be added to Carthage. The Hellenistic factions still need building effects and other mechanics added. So for stability purposes only, we will be testing these briefly.

Thank you everyone for your patience. By becoming a part of the beta testers team, you will essentially be a team member. All credits to everything you do will be listed on the forum and within the game itself. Look forward to getting this completed soon.

Last edited by UMCenturion; January 19, 2018 at 11:59 PM.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Default Re: ANCIENT EMPIRES BETA TESTING

Bumping this to the top of the Sticky threads.

Can I join even if I am not a modder? I am an experienced TW player, thousands upon thousands of hours. (Used to have no life) I spoke to Petellius he said I would be considered.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Good luck with this test. I hope that you get some quality people to help you guys bring this mod across the finish line. I bought Attila when I heard of this mod, never even played the game. I have NO interest in Attila, only this mod!

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Good luck with this test. I hope that you get some quality people to help you guys bring this mod across the finish line. I bought Attila when I heard of this mod, never even played the game. I have NO interest in Attila, only this mod!
    I hear ya - i have 1146 hours played on Attila the past 2 years - not one hour was dedicated to attila the game, and instead were all AE modding.

Same here xD and another 1200 on Rome 2 with at least half of that being modding too!
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Gib mod pls, or I send spooki memes to you for eternity. I expert meme maker, which requires much more effort than modding.

How long of a time period are you asking/looking for people to be able to test for though?

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Gib mod pls, or I send spooki memes to you for eternity. I expert meme maker, which requires much more effort than modding.

How long of a time period are you asking/looking for people to be able to test for though?
    As long as you are able or until the mod releases? More than a month preferably.

Does that mean it will be at least a month until a public release?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Delta PuLs3 View Post
    Does that mean it will be at least a month until a public release?
    Depending on the quality of experience they receive from the community. Some people just want to play it, not test it. I'm glad they are asking for proof of work.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

And it's better to have exp people in modding to finish the job. It's already tough having two people work so hard on a mod. Most mods on TWC have had huge teams and then due to RL issues have to leave it. So kudos. Bronze Age total war for RII hasn't had much of an update but campaign progress is slow. I know nothing of the Med 1212 mod but they're still working. So to see a mod so close to release is just awesome.

Even though it saddens me I do not fit as a tester as per the requirements, I sure am glad you got the chance to get feedback from people who actually have a clue as to what is what.

Best of luck with the testing, hope all turns well in the end

Thanks all - received quite a few responses. Ill be organizing today, and will be getting in touch with those who submitted to begin testing soon.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; January 20, 2018 at 11:50 AM.

Wish you successful beta testing. Not modder myself but have been watching this mod for a long time and I think its gonna be awesome. I am grateful for your time and effort you have put into this mod. Good luck guys

I'd really like to test, but I'm not sure my RL condition permits me to juggle time for more modding. Still, its a great thing seeing an ambitious overhaul bears fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    And it's better to have exp people in modding to finish the job. It's already tough having two people work so hard on a mod. Most mods on TWC have had huge teams and then due to RL issues have to leave it. So kudos. Bronze Age total war for RII hasn't had much of an update but campaign progress is slow. I know nothing of the Med 1212 mod but they're still working. So to see a mod so close to release is just awesome.
    Yeah, usually in the end only a handful of core team member drives the development.
    We in 1212 are still working - way behind AE's stage of development of this moment, but we're keep building it bit-by-bit.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    I'd really like to test, but I'm not sure my RL condition permits me to juggle time for more modding. Still, its a great thing seeing an ambitious overhaul bears fruit.

Yeah, usually in the end only a handful of core team member drives the development.
    We in 1212 are still working - way behind AE's stage of development of this moment, but we're keep building it bit-by-bit.
    There have been some fantastic mods, I remember playing an ETW mod which was awesome but always had crashes. There was a great mod being assembled for RTW but then it didn't work. Otherwise, with other mods, I believe, the NTW III team is going strong. Great to hear Med 1212 is trudging along! How is progress on the campaign just to ask out of curiosity? I think LOTR Attila abandoned their campaign map, unfortunately.

I would like to test just to have something fun to play, and inspire some motivation for my own mod. MKTW is a bit unsure on the campaign progress, but Zsimmortal is progressively building an early campaign on a consistent basis. A large chunk of it will also depend on how quickly I balance and compile the old and new units.

As a tester, you can expect me as a modder to be able to point out specific issues some people wouldn't effectively point out. Really looking forward to playing as the Ptolemies as they're my favorite Classical Era faction.

I want to put a lot of love into the Ptolomies. They have a great roster and a really cool trade system. Also Egypt and Seleucid's will end up fighting over Rhodes constantly as its the only place you can get timber to build ships in the area.

i signed up 20 hours ago. ancientempiresteam@gmail.com is right?

but still there's nothing answer like yes or no.

i send message to Ancient empire team from google mail.

EDIT : please delete this post. i received message. thank you
    Last edited by servent9; January 22, 2018 at 10:06 PM.

i signed up 20 hours ago. ancientempiresteam@gmail.com is right?
    but still there's nothing answer like yes or no.
    i send message to Ancient empire team from google mail.
    I wrote them also - but nothing. Believe me - they dont have this mod ready yet - they simulate only a member testing group to kidding us here again and again.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast