Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

As I have noticed, some of you may have more "suggestions" rather than bugg reports.
    thoughts regarding things such as unit size and upkeep,

Post those here

Default Re: Suggestions

Put a good gold border for faction heroes and generals to avoid mixing up with normal troops. new players who is not familiar to rotk series would be confused seeing the portraits hehe

according to our conversation please see this screenshot for mountain range sample design http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1297101403

Yup, Love the gold border for generals idea.

As far as the mountain range example, you understand the mod currently has mountains right? you just want me to do a better job texturing the mountains?

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

I have a list of suggestions for your mod.

1. Shu faction lacks of generals compared to the other major faction like Cao Cao or Sun clan. So can you create more generals for Shu faction? Especially female generals! (Dont take it serious lol)

2. Can you make more major generals as immortal? It's very sad to see Lu Lingqi or Sun Shang Xiang die and does not appear anymore on the game

3. I noticed that Zhuge Liang or Zhou yu are not generals but monks or metsukes without any skins on. Due to that, I feel like these major people during this time period are treated insignificant and useless in the actual game. I wish if you can convert those into generals who have traits that increase the command when attacking or defending but are weaker in fighting abilities, like the ones from the campaign mods by the modder Sorry~* Shot you^^;

4. In my opinion, adding unique skill trees for the generals are important in this mod since Three Kingdoms is mostly about characters and their abilities. So maybe consider adding or creating unique skill trees for the generals. I know that Morning Sun mod by Uanime has unique skills for Koreans and Chinese generals, that functions fine.

5. Too many Bandits! You should consider removing the bandits out of the map, and add actual clans in the right position.
    I know these are just my opinions but please consider them and have a great spring break

Quote Originally Posted by tory0304 View Post
    I have a list of suggestions for your mod.

1. Shu faction lacks of generals compared to the other major faction like Cao Cao or Sun clan. So can you create more generals for Shu faction? Especially female generals! (Dont take it serious lol)

2. Can you make more major generals as immortal? It's very sad to see Lu Lingqi or Sun Shang Xiang die and does not appear anymore on the game

3. I noticed that Zhuge Liang or Zhou yu are not generals but monks or metsukes without any skins on. Due to that, I feel like these major people during this time period are treated insignificant and useless in the actual game. I wish if you can convert those into generals who have traits that increase the command when attacking or defending but are weaker in fighting abilities, like the ones from the campaign mods by the modder Sorry~* Shot you^^;

4. In my opinion, adding unique skill trees for the generals are important in this mod since Three Kingdoms is mostly about characters and their abilities. So maybe consider adding or creating unique skill trees for the generals. I know that Morning Sun mod by Uanime has unique skills for Koreans and Chinese generals, that functions fine.

5. Too many Bandits! You should consider removing the bandits out of the map, and add actual clans in the right position.
    I know these are just my opinions but please consider them and have a great spring break
    1. Shu is meant to get Ma Chao and Huang Zhong and Wei yan through scripted LUA if eventually possible.

2. Nah, I wouldnt want female generals being immmortal.. makes no sense sorry!

3. The strategists are agents becuz I was looking into a custom agent system or another means for them. Turns out custom agents are quite impossible to do, I might remake the skills trees or if
    my 2nd go at a custom trait system, they would have custom traits similar to ROTK, like increase income (GOV/INT) in city or build times.

4. A new general skills tree is do-able and was part of the original plan. As mentioned above, I had a very unique Trait/anc system in mind. What had happened was alot of the effects didnt work.. like +1 moral to units under mans command. Just for abs no reason were bugged out , even in my vanilla files. So.... I got frustrated and scrapped the idea for now. The skill tree would be easy tho.

5. I would like to hear your thoughts on what clans arent in the right positions. If you end turn 1 and look around you'll see alot of them are there, BUT they are minor factions and are taken over quickly by bandits. Due to the beginning being an era of much revolt, it is somewhat intended. Also back to LUA, lack of scripting capabilities makes having factions rise and fall according to the time line impossible, so the best fit was to make minor factions suck and ensure major ones (WU, SHU, WEI) make it to late game.

Thanks for ur feedback !

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod