Thread: Conflicted

Default Conflicted

So I had bought Total war warhammer when it came out, I was super excited about it on release. Coming from Shogun 2 I thought this would be so epic. I loved the idea of the hero units and AOE splash damage.
    Truthfully though...it kinda sucked. Its really hard to give it a good explanation (since that was like 2 years ago) but I have 67 hours on.. which is way more than I thought. I just remember the castle sieges sucking, feeling like you had little control/input on the boring battles, and just being bored like the whole game was dumbed down to be easier for new players to the franchise?

Anyway, here i am in 2018 and I see something about warhammer and this dark elf race. I was like hot damn that looks pretty cool, Maybe ill buy some cheap DLC and try the game again. After perilous confusion trying to find this DLC on my mobile device screen, I get on the PC and realize this is becuz the dark elves... are apart of warhammer "II" which is another $60.....

Now I am sure there has got to be more threads on this here or somewhere, but I wasnt seeing the outrage by just simple google results.

Am I the only one that thinks this is total horse ? Why would they not just make this other content like a $30 DLC for warhammer 1...
    I read that the devs did it this way to "be able to put as much time and detail into each race as possible" but seriously, a whole 2nd game for full price?

You gotta be kidding me....
    Has anything improved in this 2nd game?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Conflicted

CA stated many times that Warhammer will be tripple game, splitting content into all the parts. CA cannot force you to read all the info and keep you personally updated about all the things...You could found all the info by yourself,if you wanted/tried...

My suggestion will be go back and try WH1 once more. After all DLCs and patches it is quite better. Except sieges are still same. IF the game will be still boring and dissapointment for you, then even while WH2 is like 30% better in most aspects, it would probably be boring for you as well. Sorry cannot help that..

Plus go and watch for example new trailer for Tomb Kings. Even with 67 hours in WH1 you should be able to see big differencies and that it is not just re-skin. It is same with other core races. There is no outrage cause the content speaks for itself...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

4 new races... 5 with the DLC, with different playing style, a hole new map, extended full campaign map with mortal empire for no extra cost...

This second game has a lot of content, and I think is worth the price.

You may like Warhammer I & II or not, personal taste. But you cannot complain about CA making it too expensive for no content.

Alright thanks for your intel, I'll do some due-diligence and do more research

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Where is the outrage that Dark elves arent a 30$ DLC for WH 1? Hahahah.
    Dude i get that you are completely out of the loop but that is pretty funny.

Oh one more thing. I can understand that the overall money for all three parts + DLCs could be quite high for some people. If you don´t like WH1 and are really not sure about WH2 then simply wait for steam sales. This winter were nice sales for all DLCs and WH1..next year will be WH2. Steam has nice habbit of being quite predictable. :-)

Maybe you guys would be kind enough to help me out with something.

I decided to give this game a try, and im encountering the same nonsense I did before, its all coming back now.

There is something so terrible with the battles that makes you feel like you have no control.

I am constantly dealing with units not obeying orders, a good example of this is at the 13:00ish minute mark here
    https://youtu.be/pFK1b9Qs9vg?t=13m22s

I tell these archers (unit3) to move into a position and I check back a minute or 2 later and they are just standing still in the same spot, this happens twice. And keeps randomly happening to me while in other battles.
    Can anyone take a look at this and give me some advice on what the hell I could possibly be doing wrong? With over 700 hours on S2 I am no total war noob, but there is something so y going on here.

Thanks

Thats issue and it should be solved be next week patch/release of Tomb Kings. Directly from blog/patch notes:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes

Bug Fixes and Improvements
    Headline improvements:

Improved ‘Dropped Orders’/units responsiveness during battles.

Dear lord thank god,
    Game feels totally broken to me with these dropped commands. Its been like this since WH1 cant believe it has taken this long for them to fix this, but thank god they are taking the time to now.
    I will probably come back once this is done.
    (hopefully tomb kings patch is free ahah)