Thread: Bugg reports

Default Bugg reports

Would appreciate if anyone finds buggs or something that you think isnt working right, is imbalanced, or needs improvement in this thread.

I can't say how much I will update this mod given the news of CAs new three kingdoms game, But it may happen.

Thanks

Update:

Before I hear anything about "early game is too hard, too many rebellions, cant control my towns" etc. I must assure you this is meant to be like this. The three kingdoms period starts in turmoil due to famine and angry peasants. I would Love to hear your thoughts on how to balance it in a better way, but not simply to get rid of this.
    Also keep in mind this is a middle ground, as I was planning a character trait/anc system that would be similar to ROTKs LEA, WAR, GOV, INT allowing generals placed in cities to help with repression and town development.
    Last edited by Havie; January 17, 2018 at 01:27 PM.

Default Re: Bugg reports

My save file from Wu campain always crash after i captured a castle. Other campain i haven't play yet

Quote Originally Posted by mjnkop View Post
    My save file from Wu campain always crash after i captured a castle. Other campain i haven't play yet

That is pretty bizarre, I am not even sure what you mean exactly.

Does the game crash or the save file? These are two totally different things, A save file crash would be pretty weird and hard to even catch.

Did you download and move both "rotkv2beta.pack and data.pack" Into your data folder?

Also, please ensure you are not running this with any other mods.

I mean when after i captured a castle i still can play game normally. But when i load the save file to continue to play the game crash. But if i choose a new campain the game still can play normally.

I mean when after i captured a castle i still can play game normally. But when i load the save file to continue to play the game crash. But if i choose a new campain the game still can play normally.
    Damn dude, I have no idea?
    I havent had any trouble with corrupted save files. Except in this scenario:
    Play a mod for a few turns, Saved, Exited, Made changes to the pack file (or accidentally loaded in a new pack), went back into S2 and tried to load the old save file which was based off of an edited pack.

I would strongly recommend making sure you are only running rotkv2beta.pack on launch, and that you have properly placed the edited data.pack into the s2/data folder, Also dont know if you have edited any other vanilla files yourself, as this would be a conflict. This mod is not compatible with any other changes.
    After you have confirmed all of this is proper, I would start a new campaign, play few turns (with and without taking a castle) and test loading save games without closing Shogun2 to desktop.

I can confirm that.
    My Shu campain is turn 140 and the game run smoothly.
    But my Wu campain save file is corrupted after i capture YuZhang or Huljil. If i force them to be my vassal, the save file is ok i can continue to play.

I can confirm that.
    My Shu campain is turn 140 and the game run smoothly.
    But my Wu campain save file is corrupted after i capture YuZhang or Huljil. If i force them to be my vassal, the save file is ok i can continue to play.
    That is so bizarre, Ill play test this myself soon
    (me and my buddy have a multiplayer campaign where he has Yuzhang and it loads fine)

Some bugs after testing with a friend:

1. Minimap view symbol does not line up with position of map

2. I was in the save menu and clicked Enter to save the game and it ended my turn instead, may be a vanilla bug though and I was just remembering things wrong lol

I noticed a few small things that I am pretty sure are undone work rather than bugs, however I figure I will point them out:

1. Some of the clans mons are not changed

2. Liu Bui doesn't have a description

Yet again, pretty sure those are just undone work. Also noticed the clan mons of all factions are not changed in SP campaign menu (though I assume that is a hard coded thing)

Will continue to test and play, thanks for making the mod Havie

Thanks for taking the time to submit some feedback.

1. With enlarging the map, it is not possible to fix the radar being mis-aligned. I was aware of this and tried my best to keep the map proportionate, but to add all of china, it did need to be slightly enlarged.

2. I have no idea?

3. As far as mons, yeah not all are updated, I dont know what I would replace all of these with, Id do it if someone had some significant historical research as to which clans needs what mon and sent me the images.

4.Liu Bei doesnt have a description where?

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

When you select to play as him in the singleplayer campaign

Also thanks for the responses and I will try and get you more reports and the like (also thanks again for the work on this, it's super fun to play)

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner535 View Post
    When you select to play as him in the singleplayer campaign

Also thanks for the responses and I will try and get you more reports and the like (also thanks again for the work on this, it's super fun to play)
    I dont think I bothered to update the starting faction descriptions in ROTK v2.0. I attempted this in ROTK v1.0 and it was more of a headache than its worth.

This screen reads from text put on it, AND from effects bonuses, if you have lets say a Loyalty bonus set to -1, this screen will read "increases general loyalty" so I would have to go into the effect itself and change the text.. its just too time consuming so I let it all as is.
    You can read the faction effects once in game, under faction tab and hover over the faction bonus icon in middle ish of screen.

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Achilles (2018) mod

Looks like Ive found a bugg where ~90 turns in none of my save games will load.

I started at ~70 this morning (these saves have since been over written)
    But if I had to take a guess, it might have something to do with an unlocked research being bugged?

If this happens to anyone else keep an eye out for what you recently researched.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

idont know if this is a bug but i get almost alwaya a ctd when fighting battles in sp game it just freezes for a second and then crashes now i have done some testing and found the issue i think when i do a custom battle 40 v 40 no problem but any battle in the campaing it ctd after the opposing units start fighting i have doen all the usual things but i only have an issue playing your mod is there a fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by senna505 View Post
    idont know if this is a bug but i get almost alwaya a ctd when fighting battles in sp game it just freezes for a second and then crashes now i have done some testing and found the issue i think when i do a custom battle 40 v 40 no problem but any battle in the campaing it ctd after the opposing units start fighting i have doen all the usual things but i only have an issue playing your mod is there a fix for this?
    Ctd = crash
    sp = ?

youre crashing during campaign battles? no idea. Ive never crashed during a battle.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

i am always stuck at loading and game crash everytime i start a new campaign ..

#1 assuming that S2 vanilla worked fine for you and this wasnt an issue, then proceed to #2

#2 sounds like you're missing the data.pack file update to me. Please make sure you are placing and overwriting both data.pack and ROTKv2.pack in the correct location. Revisit the download and install instructions.

#3 make sure there are NO other mods running or any other modified files

#4 play on English language only.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Im on turn 153 on Wu, 53 on Lubu but for Shu + Wei my game crashes when I click end turn, sometimes I can load the save but when I press end turn it run thru some clans but then it crashes again, sometimes I load the save it crash at loading screen. I cant seem to play shu or Wei, havent tested other clans

Right, interesting,

I've heard this happens for Wu, and it personally happened to me for Shu and gonsun zan( on my win10 pc)

I cant figure out why, tell me are you running windows 7, 8, or 10?

I think the issue is win10 because my win7 PC has no issues

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Hi everybody! Great mod, however I can t play with the original names in the campaign, i still get japanese names for generals, and units and factions as well. Any idea about how fixing this issue?

Eh my units ALWAYS get stuck to the wall, if I order them to stick to wall, I cannot separate them after that.