Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mostly About Mytilene

Decanus

Default Re: Mostly About Mytilene

"War with Sparta has emboldened Oligarchic elements within the Delian League. Word reaches Athens of conspiracies brewing in the villages of Korkyra and the government of Mytilene. To meet these threats, the Athenian assembly has authorized the dispatching of a fleet to Korkyra and an army to Mytilene. Player Note: Historically, Athens was able to subdue the Mytilene Revolt by the summer of 427 through the use of combined land and naval forces. Due to army movement speeds when embarked, the player is encouraged to send an army to Mytilene as soon as possible. Once Mytilene declares war, if the player does not Occupy the city by the Summer of 427, the rebellion will spread to Chios and they will declare war. Failure to Occupy Mytilene within 5 turns after Chios leaving will prompt Ionia to leave the League and declare war. For Korkyra, once unrest begins a rebel army will spawn. To resolve the Korkyra situation, station a fleet nearby and join in the battle if necessary."

How's that? Does that cover all the elements?

Thanks. Will check as soon as I return back home to my pc.

Ok I return tomorrow and will update the text.

Sorry for the delay. After my buiseness trip I came home to find my hard drive in serious trouble. I dont know what caused it but I have many bad sectors and my system is very slow. Anyway I am solving it with great patience since I transfer files slowly to a portable drive.
    Now to the point. What I managed to find is this.
    The original text for Korkyra and Mytilene was this "Tension among democrats and oligarchs in Korkyra and Mytilene. Maybe we should mobilize our fleets to face the imminent developments"

Since I cannot run the game to check I will try a text slightly longer to avoid a situation where the message box cannot host the long message proposed. The message I am planning to use is this
    "Tension among democrats and oligarchs in Korkyra and Mytilene. Gameplay Tip: War with Mytilene will start in about 10 turns. PLayer should take measures for a quick capture of this island. For Korkyra, a fleet presence near the island city to support local forces would be usefull"
    I suppose the above text is short enough to avoid getting way out of the dialogue box.
    So I will use this structure blindly without beeing able to check and we will see what happens. Cheers

Another way to defeat Mytilene is with 2 navy stacks or so and direct attack. I destroyed their main army and naval garrison but the land garrison never took the bait for the raid and blockade! I had no choice but to attack. The Chians had a stack arrived on land but too far to enter the battle. They had about half a stack navy with my almost 2 full stacks.

There is a section that allows you to drop your troops off in the city without dealing with walls. The Samians entered in and took control points with my allies from Chios....the rest of my forced docked on land and had to break down the undefended gates.
    My commando samian force with the allies did most of the work though already. Once the main VP point was taken with their general it was game over. I had the high ground with 1 arrow tower in my control.
    A really unique battle...just such a shame for the horrible FPS.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hey lads...Here is the video version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_78MM_pQA&t=1235s
    Last edited by Phalangitis; March 24, 2018 at 11:27 AM.

Great tactics mate. Two front attack to divert defenders while you secured your main defensive location. I also saw one very important thing. Around 13 minute or so, you encircled an enemy unit by micromanaging the second attacker's formation to be directly behind the enemy. When you did those hoplites almost instantly routed. This micromanagmemt of hoplitic formations is crucial in this mod. Well done

I tried to fix your video link but failed. Will try again. Sorryt for the intrusion

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    I tried to fix your video link but failed. Will try again. Sorryt for the intrusion
    Do what you can...I will edit my post when I vewed it originally it wasnt working but now both links are.

And thanks Phal! That was my second attempt and actually my first one was more succesful..My diversion attack at the far gate worked better because I took the wall while the AI chion Allies quickly took most of the arrow towers elsewhere...but I didnt have it recorded. I wanted to ensure it was documented in case someone else struggles with Athens. More videos and screenshots to come.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I managed to fix the link here but did not check the other video in Athenian campaIgn thread. Will fix that too if not working

edit. Ok I fixed the other one also
    Last edited by Phalangitis; March 25, 2018 at 11:03 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123