Thread: Picture of the Year 2017 & Game Picture of the Year 2017 - RESULTS!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Picture of the Year 2017 & Game Picture of the Year 2017 - RESULTS!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Scriptorium 2017 Writing Competition | Tale of the Week Competition | Monthly Writers' Study Competitions >>

Banner created by Lifthrasir

You have all had your vote, now is the time to see the results and winners for both Picture of the Year 2017 and Game Picture of the Year 2017!
    Thank you to all the competitors, and all of the voters.

Picture of the Year 2017 RESULTS!
    The Picture of the Year competition had 56 voters, and 14 competitors.

In 8th place, with one vote was Naftalin.

In 7th place, with two votes was GameThumb.

In 6th place, with five votes were A Barbarian, Mikea4 and Quintus Hortensius Hortalus.

In 5th place, with seven votes were biasedplatypus7, Diocle and spiderknight.

In 4th place, with eight votes were Caligula, juancfp and Pinarius.

In 3rd place, with nine votes was xHolyCrusader.

In 2nd place, with twenty-two votes was Spear Dog.

In 1st place, with thirty votes was ChewieMuse.

Rewards1st Place
    ChewieMuse: Two Competition Points and +15 reputation

2nd Place
    Spear Dog: One Competition Point and +10 reputation

3rd Place
    xHolyCrusader: +5 reputation
    Congratulations to this years winners!
    - Caligula

Game Picture of the Year 2017 RESULTS!
    The Game Picture of the Year competition had 35 voters, and 11 competitors.

In 7th place, with one vote was Pinarius.

In 6th place, with three votes was JanBob.

In 5th place, with five votes were both Abdülmecid I and Noif de Bodemloze.

In 4th place, with six votes were Diocle, Maximus IV and San Felipe.

In 3rd place, with nine votes was Strachys.

In 2nd place, with eleven votes was Araval.

In 1st place, with thirteen votes were Caligula and ChewieMuse.

Rewards1st Place
    Caligula: +15 reputation
    ChewieMuse: +15 reputation

2nd Place
    Araval: +10 reputation

3rd Place
    Strachys: +5 reputation
    Congratulations to this years winners!
    - Caligula

The Director's Choice Award
    Now we come to the Director's Choice Award. For this award, I have asked Noif de Bodemloze (the previous Content Director of the Screenshot and Video Competitions) and Mhaedros (the Content Director of the Gamer's Gazette) to choose their favourite picture from the previous year's weekly competitions that did not win, and to write a short piece on why they liked it.

Noif de Bodemloze chose GameThumb's submission to Picture of the Week 491 and wrote...

Greetings fellows. It's my duty to be honored to be Director's pick on this year. I look all POTW candidates through 2017, who didn't won but get a second chance. It wasn't an easy task to pick my favorite one: Well... I was expecting little riskier and talented picture that has bit insane flavor in a picture. After long thinking, I eliminated most candidates until I had several lefts. From few POTW candidates, it was hard to pick. Then I look them while and then comparing improvement from original to edited picture. One picture I named as "The dominant" because I liked this attitude in a picture... so... I want to congratulate POTW submission 491 and 1st picture. "The Mammoth" from Warhammer by GameThumb!"

I also want congratulate also new winners of Picture of The Year and Game Picture of The Year! Good pictures!

Former POTW Director,
    Noif de Bodemloze

Mhaedros chose spiderknight's submission to Game Picture of the Week 55 and wrote...

Spiderknight’s screenshot perfectly combines the goof and tension of every XCOM game; the soldier is taking cover, waiting for her perfect opportunity to take a shot against the enemy, while the zombie-like Lost just stands on top of a container, looking menacing and silly at the same time.

Who will strike first? And more importantly, whose strike will land true? The picture leaves the conclusion of the scenario up to the viewer. I like to think the soldier misses a 90% shot and that the Lost incompetently falls over her, instantly killing them both.

Whilst you are here, you may be interested in entering the currently running Picture of the Week, Unedited Screenshot of the Week, Game Picture of the Week or Video of the Month competitions.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; January 13, 2018 at 07:16 PM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Picture of the Year 2017 & Game Picture of the Year 2017 - RESULTS!

Thanks to all voters and congratz to the winners!

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Wow, Congratulations to ChewieMuse, I remember that picture well - totally deserved to win. Congratulations also to all the other finalist, enjoyed all your submissions every week. Thanks to every one that voted for me also, and special thanks to Caligula for stepping in during the year and taking the competion in hand. Greatly appreciated, fantastic job mate.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Con' gratz to all for great pics

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

A stunning POTY, congratulations to all winners, to all entrants and a big thank you for all the votes.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I am happy that POTY winner is someone else now after I have dominated emperor's seat for 2 years.
    Good to see my 2 of 3 top3 votes went to 1st and 3rd in POTY, but there weren't any bad pictures in this competition.

Congratulation to all winners, 2nd and 3rd positions.

Thank you everyone for the votes I was worried there were too many good ones that I had to compete with Lots of talent here. This will be my second year win wooo! I think the last year I won was in 2014 with my Glory For Rome picture.