Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Implications of Divinely Authored vs Divinely Inspired Revelation

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Implications of Divinely Authored vs Divinely Inspired Revelation

Common Soldier,

May I say that the reason the so-called Christian churches are in such a mess is precisely because they do not take God's word as literal and by that I mean totally inspired by the Holy Ghost. If the Holy Ghost cannot lie and is the Sole Interpreter of Scripture, what right has man who is supposedly indwelt by Him, what right have they to question His Word? Paul clearly teaches that such men or women do not have God's authority because what they teach is another gospel, another Jesus and another spirit of a different god. Truth comes by faith and that of the faith of Jesus Christ who has by the Spirit imputed the real born again to have the same faith, the same understanding and the same Gospel to send around the world. The Gospel writers had no doubt whatsoever when on their missions what that Gospel was and still is and so since it is written into what we call the Bible which makes the claim that it is the power of God unto salvation. That's why in my own experience it is so important to realise that the words contained therein have to be taken as the literal Word of God explained by constant prayer to Him Whose job it is to lead us into all truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    In my research, I was surprised that pivotal church leaders like St. Augustine and Origin rejected a literal view of the creation story, in that the clearly rejected the 7 days were standard 24 hour days as measured by the Greenwich Observatory Clock. You can't get much more important than St. Augustine. probably only St. Paul had more influence than St. Augustine among Christian followers, the West, anyways.
    Which makes sense. A day is a while Spin of the Earth around the Sun, which takes around 24 hours, but during Creation history, on the first days there are still no such elements fully formed, therefore time cannot be measured by units of 24h.

So in Genesis time is being measured by some other unit based on pre-Universe elements.

What would be a Day to a Divine Being in process of Creation? The answer to such question is much closer to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Common Soldier,

May I say that the reason the so-called Christian churches are in such a mess is precisely because they do not take God's word as literal and by that I mean totally inspired by the Holy Ghost. If the Holy Ghost cannot lie and is the Sole Interpreter of Scripture, what right has man who is supposedly indwelt by Him, what right have they to question His Word?
    Basics, you probably find the right directions in life with a Literal intepretation of the Bible because such texts are written in a multi-layered way, if you mentally chew on them for long enough, the deeper and even hidden meanings get absorved by your subconscious will-force, which helps you in making choices, helps in practice, even if does not manifest in theory.

If Bible is a scripture of Holy Ghost inspiration, surely the meaning are suposedly not that easy/fast to grasp, otherwise anyone reading the Bible in a light hearted fashion, in the same set of mind that one eats a BigMac, would imediatly understand the Message.

Now literalism works for you, for the hidden layers of the Scripture are eventually aprehended by your mind as well. It will have a mind shaping effect, or as some call it, a "Holy Ghost bath"

If when Jesus was crucified rather than Barrabas you had 15 other bandits, does the story meaning change? Does he no longer die to fufill a mission just because the count of total crucified bandits is not 100% spot on?

Also very curious,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    When Jesus says "this is my body" refering to the bread, and "this is my blood" refering to the Wine, how do you interpret that? Protestants tend to say it's symbolic, Catholics tend to take it more literally
    Last edited by fkizz; April 18, 2018 at 03:42 AM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

delete
    Last edited by fkizz; April 18, 2018 at 03:43 AM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

fkizz,

Those that read the Bible without the help of the Holy Spirit only see what is the dead letter of Scripture. It can mean anything or nothing at all. Peter tells us this quite plainly in his letter thus giving authority to Jesus saying that He would send a Comforter Who would lead believers into all truth, notice all truth, not just some, why? Because Jesus more than anyone knew what men could do to the Gospel given half a chance and have done. This He exposes when He says that in the judgement many will say that they did this and that in His name yet He says to them that He never knew them as He casts them into hell. It's the difference between being on the narrow path to glory or the wide path to hell.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123