Thread: POST YOUR SCREENSHOTS / DISCUSSION THREADS

Default POST YOUR SCREENSHOTS / DISCUSSION THREADS

I open the thread to post screenshots of your campaigns, as well as discuss with we of the team about your ideas, suggestions and desires... just throw everything you want and we listen

Default Re: POST YOUR SCREENSHOTS / DISCUSSION THREADS

Hello I'm Edna, and I'll post a picture: D

ahah Edna!!

ok keep going with Carthage

Ciao Raf! Ho provato la mod,e devo dire che per ora è veramente stupenda..i nuovi modelli sono fantastici. Ho provato la campagna con Roma a difficoltà Hard,e al 6° turno il gioco ha crashato. Ho ricaricato il salvataggio ma crasha comunque non appena si conclude la battaglia (Ho salvato prima di cominciare l'assedio a Paestum).
    Un altro bug che ho notato è stato durante una battaglia personalizzata dove le asce delle unità degli Illiri erano glitchate.
    Per il resto non ho trovato altri bug per ora,esteticamente l'unica cosa che forse mi fa storcere un pò il naso è la bardatura dei cavalli dell'unità del generale dei Romani..

Please, I can get a little italian but for clarity sake, use english when reporting bugs. And saying that it crashed is not helpful. Provide a save and the system.log.

Sorry,I thought you were Italian too.
    The next time I try to do the campaign I will send you the files

It's ok, I understand enough, just don't practice much and doing so while modding require extra focus. Beside, other people who don't understand at all might get help or have similar bugs, so english is clearer for everyone. I was unable to reproduce your crash as you described it. Let us know and provide the files it it happen again, especially with romans that have a lot more of complex features than others so far.

Rafmc, I can confirm the saka rauka family member bug on both your version and mine, however it doesn't happen to other factions I quickly tested. I can't isolate the problem yet and the log say nothing, I am looking on it. Would you tell moddb folks than just saying, 'this or that happen' is not enough and that a system log set to trace is needed, plus a save if possible?

yes, about Sakans... under investigation.

providing saves and the system.log while playing is good to do..

rubertoski...
    about the Paestum scripts, wait that the Samnite Gaius Pontius merges with the rest of rebel forces and then wage war to them... rebel spawnings are "special" than other factions, the captain which spawns first will go under his command...

the illyrian axes, yes it's a very minor thing with vertexes... in a few cases the axe may slightly float around the hand of the soldier, but in all other occasions it's ok (being minor, I'll keep for later)..

keep going

I noticed that when a faction is at war with another, all of their allies declare war on the other as well. Although this sounds very nice, it's actually pretty annoying. All factions including the player are locked in an endless war with pretty much the rest of the world. Making peace with a faction doesn't help, you just become enemy again in the next turn. Are there some lines in the campaign script or the diplomacy file I can delete myself to have the normal diplomacy again?

It's not that simple. CAI behaviors are determined, for the most important part, in descr_campaign_ai_db, and it include diplomacy behaviors. You don't just delete or change in that file without knowing what you are doing. Rafmc implemented a version of RBAI because he had it ready and could do it fastly. I had very few time to look at his RBAI, and I am working on my own AI that is much more consistent and flexible, but still imcomplete as I can't yet devote my full time to it.

I will look when possible if I can provide a quick improvement of the behavior you describe in case.

for changes in diplomacy, yes one of the main files to consider is the one mentioned by selv...

basically, the new CAI treats the player always as first threat, so backstabbing is very regular... moreover factions tend to align in masses, waging wars in groups...

A lot depends from you reputation, faction size, money and strenght of your military, if you overcome the enemies, they will seek peace, otheerwise they will try to destroy you...

Then, selv, will provide a different CAI too so you can make comparisons..

Hello, I am back with a Battlefield of my Carthaginian Campaign.
    The Numidian dogs and my Carthaginian lions meet for a big battle.

When i choose a faction, it sends me back to the choose a campaign screen. Any ideas?

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

----(Previous message erased, wrong location to post)----
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

I am not sure if i am in the right thread.
    I play as Rome on normal difficulty, in turn 77. Two things are game breaking, in my opinion.
    First, Rome and few other cities close to Rome, have rebelled 3 times so far. SPQR and another roman faction. I haven't understand if i miss something, or if its some kind of script. But it sure is not fun.
    What's worst though is the cavalry. It seems you haven't altered the original MTW2 power of the cavalry. The result of that is loosing an entire legion unit by the first charge of a cavalry unit. If i let it unchecked,returns for second time , second unit of legions out of the battle. Not realistic. Using only Triarii ,anti cav units, is not realistic either, nor something i would like to do.