Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total War: Three Kingdoms Announced - CA's Next Historical Title

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Announced - CA's Next Historical Title

haha, I knew this was gonna be china total war and I knew it was gonna be hated on CA had to do this as chinese game devs are doing it already. still a great risk for ca as there are alot of hate for everything china. hope it does well for ca.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That music....is Jeff van Dyck finally returning? I miss his emphasis in percussion.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Jeff returning to Total war would be reason alone to purchase this title. His work on Shogun 2 was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    Jeff returning to Total war would be reason alone to purchase this title. His work on Shogun 2 was fantastic.
    I agree, I miss the guy and his special little credit songs. I also find him far more appropiate for a TW game, specially for battle soundtrack, he used better drumming patterns instead of boring strings orchestra.

However, I am worried this will take far more from Warhammer than I desire....I was hoping all the childish nonsense was gonna be finally purged to a different part of the franchise. But it appears they're going to add heroes and weird instead of diplomacy, political intrigue, economy, multiplayer campaigns, etc.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Assuming modding isn't even more restrictive then it is now there would likely be a "Divide Et Impera" style mod for the game that would take away alot of the nonsense and appeal to people that wish for a more historically grounded title.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by musketer View Post
    I think the same... Such a waste, they could do victoria: total war or empire 2 in the years 1600-1850 or something like that. I want gunpowder, explosions, lots of explosions and a lot of smoke!
    Sounds boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    Assuming modding isn't even more restrictive then it is now there would likely be a "Divide Et Impera" style mod for the game that would take away alot of the nonsense and appeal to people that wish for a more historically grounded title.
    It's been more than 20 years of Total War and not only we have less modding liberty, but we're still stuck with bland campaign mechanics, the same 8Kvs8k battles, pathetic IA (and I'm not talking about tactics, which I know are hard to code, but simple things, like building patterns in AI provinces, or recruitment priority of their armies), the diplomacy is broken since Rome 1. And instead of providing a more diverse and satisfying gameplay experience, they just keep the same mechanics, upgrade graphics (but without optimizing it) and launch one mod disguised as standalone per year. So it's a little bit late to keep hoping for mods that fix simple things as historical accuracy.

May be I got carried away with that last paragraph, but I simply can't believe they're gonna try to sell us as the "next historical game" some ancient romance, as true to history as the Cid and the Illiad.
    Last edited by Sir Sesshaku; January 10, 2018 at 04:00 PM.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Total War:Kung Fu?Why they dont back to west^?

New Game Engine?

Epic28's Avatar Senator

I really really hope they don't blend fantasy elements into this title. Keep the Warhammer things where they belong, I respect their decision to create a separate entity to the TW franchise, but please keep it that way between the two.

The overwhelming individual unit abilities in Rome 2 and Attila are already as too much and have steered the battles into a more arcade-like direction constantly activating "abilities" rather than properly deploying and maneuvering your armies.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

TheGreatOne's Avatar Libertus

My ing wallet cant take much more of this

PROUD TO BE ' T W C '
    If I have been helpful please (+)

This looks awful. A horrid mix of fantasy and an utter lack of unit variety. Sorry, but all morning I've been looking up Chinese armies in the Three Kingdoms period, and they are bland, bland, bland. They don't have stirrups, so powerful cavalry charges should be right out, most soldiers were drafted peasants that were lightly armored and used spears. It'll be as "diverse" as the Greek City States from Rome II.

finally a game that is worth buying,because britania total war is a true fraud in all aspects and i will not buy it.
    i have been playing the classic games of the three kingdoms for many years and I know perfectly the whole epic of this plot,its characters,its characteristics,armies,events,everything related to this story that is not completely historical,but very epic.
    finally CA has completely successful in making this game,i hope they put all their part,of course that the AI is the best,which is the most important thing in the game and add a new graphic engine,new animations and sounds and is not like the britannia total war that is a stick and copy of the attila.
    i hope that in this game you find differences between armies,CA just look at the excellent mod of the medieval II of this epoch,to have a guide and the excellent games of the three kingdoms that already exist.
    that are all the historical general with their characteristics like those that appear in the video,that fight against the troops or fight against other heroes in full battle.
    we hope that the units and characters will be as aesthetically and graphically taken care of as in the video and it will not be another britannia total war.
    i liked the detail of CA to put the weapons that really carried each historical general and respect the physical aspect of those characters,i hope they do with all the characters,because in the video clearly recognized each character quickly,CA good work.,i do not know what team is taking this work,but i think this game is going very well, that's what we all hope.

in the video,lu bu is the best warrior of this epoch with the best stat in combat, capable of defeating the best heroes, unintelligent, with a normal carisma.this is a general of dong zhuo that also appears in the video are two of the villains of the three kingdoms,lu bu betrays then to dong zuo and takes control of the power of the faction,i do not know if CA will take into account historic events and dilemmas but it would be the right thing to give more immersion and depth to the game as the rebellion of the yellow turbans.

this general is dong zhuo other general that is in the video.

in the video liu bei the most charismatic general,not good warrior but good politician and administrator,zhang fei great warrior that rivals the same lu bu and guan yu great warrior,intelligent and charismatic general, these three generals are friends and united in restoring peace

congratulation for this work.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; January 10, 2018 at 07:27 PM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Thread closed. You can discuss the newly announced title in this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-on-Thursday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12