Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 631464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1194

Thread: New Historical total war era - Total War: Three Kingdoms!

Default Re: New Historical total war era - Total War: Three Kingdoms!

Well, I think Paradox is moving away from DLCs with incremental changes, you larger, less frequent that make large wholesale changes. That is, if HOI4 is an indication. If you read between the line CK3 looks like it will follow a similar pattern. CA likes doing "faction packs" and story packs. The problem with faction packs is that CA tends to not do much (if possible) to differentiate between initial available factions, so when they release a faction pack, it is more of a same. Usually the difference is buffed traits. TBH, differentiation should be more substantial than that so that experience is more than just a different starting position. With games with heterogeneous cultures (Shogun and 3K) this is admittedly much harder to do.

Story packs could work, but the problem with any DLC is that it needs to more of a different time frame and updated units. The game-play needs to change to match the change in time frame and scale. CA often does not do this. So, the DLC just seems like more of the same. I bought the New republic for R2 and it is the first and the last. It is the base game with a different settling and map scale. The game-play is essentially the same.

Good game play is a game that presents choice with real sacrifice. A good DLC either presents more choices or different choice with sacrifices. it is a waste of time to play a DLC with a different setting and scale only to be presented with the exact same choices and sacrifices.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    CA likes doing "faction packs" and story packs. The problem with faction packs is that CA tends to not do much (if possible) to differentiate between initial available factions, so when they release a faction pack, it is more of a same. Usually the difference is buffed traits. TBH, differentiation should be more substantial than that so that experience is more than just a different starting position. With games with heterogeneous cultures (Shogun and 3K) this is admittedly much harder to do.
    Except testament to this is Wh1 and Wh2. Nobody trying the game at least for a short time can say that about even Core factions. And now with multiple DLCs,FLCs and updates, factions differencies are at most from any TW so far.

Good game play is a game that presents choice with real sacrifice. A good DLC either presents more choices or different choice with sacrifices. it is a waste of time to play a DLC with a different setting and scale only to be presented with the exact same choices and sacrifices.
    Different campaign map would effect very importantly how the game is played. Great example for me is Empire/Napoleon. Where Napoleon offers basically very same approach for every campaign, Empire is allowing players to focus every game in different direction (for example England can focus Eu fight vs France/Spain..or focus N. America, Carribean Sea or focus India) This effect can be somehow mittigated with careful reshuffling of factions around bigger map but I agree that it is not fully possible on China map. That map is one big blob, no oceans or seas in the middle aka (mediterranean sea) , continents..And Shogun2 is another prime testament to this where all factions feel pretty much same and map starting position is not relevant. You either conquer that banana from one end or other or pick center with decision to make which direction is good for you. All thsi is pointing me to the fact that map layout is very important and bigger, more complex map with naval aspect is very good idea in my eyes.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Except testament to this is Wh1 and Wh2. Nobody trying the game at least for a short time can say that about even Core factions. And now with multiple DLCs,FLCs and updates, factions differencies are at most from any TW so far.

Different campaign map would effect very importantly how the game is played. Great example for me is Empire/Napoleon. Where Napoleon offers basically very same approach for every campaign, Empire is allowing players to focus every game in different direction (for example England can focus Eu fight vs France/Spain..or focus N. America, Carribean Sea or focus India) This effect can be somehow mittigated with careful reshuffling of factions around bigger map but I agree that it is not fully possible on China map. That map is one big blob, no oceans or seas in the middle aka (mediterranean sea) , continents..And Shogun2 is another prime testament to this where all factions feel pretty much same and map starting position is not relevant. You either conquer that banana from one end or other or pick center with decision to make which direction is good for you. All thsi is pointing me to the fact that map layout is very important and bigger, more complex map with naval aspect is very good idea in my eyes.
    You missed my point. I am not referring to differences in the game based on starting position. I am referring to differences of building choices, units, technology,, etc... Moreover, when a DLC is created, it should be more than a differed copy/ paste factions, but hange how you must choose to develop your faction based on a different mechanic based on the uniqueness of the DLC. In fact, it could be the same base campaign, but add a new mechanic to change the way you play the game. Perhaps I am bias, this is what we are creating with Imperial Splendour; a unique experience per faction.

And you missed my point as well ;-) So I will say it once more. You are right. Buildings, units, technologies, mechanics.. all those things can reshuffle how the game is played. On tactical (battles) level or even operational (campaigns) level. But map changes like different starting position, map itself will influence whole strategical (war) level of thinking. Ideally I would love all aspects to be change for new campaign. But even reshuffling can change things, if the map is complex enough. Examples are ME in Wh1/2 (for example take starting location for High Elves, Ulthuan vs Teclis in Lustria) or Empire Grand Campaign, offering so many options.

But i fully agree that china map is not enough for that and 8K are weak DLC. :-) I can imagine CA able to fix it as they were able with ToB with patches.

And as testament to that CA is able to make such different factions even subfaction is Wh again. But I understand it is way easier to differentiate fantasy races than Human factions...

I got your point, but the point of my original post was that DLC is that it lacks a new mechanic to make it interesting to play.

CA usually have universal trees and buildings with some variants for different factions, but this is not considerable. Even the special units is something you have to wait till middle or end game to acquire. If they going to create faction packs they should do more in-depth development of the subject factions. They could do cultural packs that includes an enhance change to what I discussed earlier as well as additional playable factions. It would make factions packs more desirable. This is similar to how Paradox approached their DLCs.

The Problem with 3K is that it is all about the heroes. The faction uniqueness is supposed to be centered on the relationship with those they recruit. TBH, I care little attention to it except to boost their loyalty and that generally did the trick. Just like the so-called synergy of building chains and development, it didn't really matter in my play through. Of course, the last time players complained (ToB) they swung the pendulum in other direction and said, this is i as if they were upset we were not happy. Paradox i far more approachable with game design and is much more open with the development of their games. CA is shrouded with mystery and feel entitled to do it their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Grace just confirmed there will be new DLC this year. :-)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...dlc_this_year/
    At last, I'm faster than Daruwind in spreading the news! Grace just confirmed that the upcoming DLC got delayed, so it will not be released in 2019, as originally claimed (or not, depending on your interpretation of the "over next year" comment), but in early 2020. They plan to coincide it with the Chinese Lunar Year, which, according to a quick Google research, falls in the 29th of January. I wasn't completely surprised, because there had been too much time without any news, neither an announcement nor even a teaser. I suppose they would have normally published the relevant information in late October, last week. Anyway, nothing particularly serious, in my opinion, although the DLC pace for Three Kingdoms is definitely very slow, especially in comparison with previous historical titles. I wonder whether the extremely low retention numbers of the game and the 8 Princes pack have contributed to this policy of Creative Assembly.

Haha You managed to beat me this time Abdul! To me the situation with this DLC delay and 8 Princes seems like Norsca. As if CA decided to swap order of two DLCs in row...so 8 Princes were little rushed and this one is still being delayed for whatever reason.

Still I found another piece of nice, info. Grace in another thread confirmed CA is not abandoning 3K and they have tons of plans for next year.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...of_the_korean/
    Grace_CA

Creative Assembly11 points ˇ 4 hours ago

We're actively working on the next DLC for 3K and will have news about it before Christmas. Other than that, as linked below, we've shared our plans so far and will keep people updated next year.

Grace_CA
    Creative Assembly7 points ˇ 3 hours ago
    We absolutely have no plans to abandon 3K, I can confirm that.
    As said, the Nanman are coming. Before then over the next year though, we’ll be visiting the era of the Yellow Turban Rebellion and Liang Province rebellion, and then the clash of Cao Cao vs Lü Bu in the central plains. So we have lots of plans and I know that more information is something you want!

SteamDB for 3K is listing new unknown DLC (FLC) entry - https://steamdb.info/app/1209110/history/ so there are 3 unknown entries in total at the moment.

3K list of DLCs

https://steamdb.info/app/779340/dlc/

EDIT: 2 entries got details (Mandate of Heaven DLC + Tao Qian FLC) so we are back at mere one unknown DLC entry
    Last edited by Daruwind; January 14, 2020 at 03:01 AM.

New spotlight video for incomming deployables in Mandate of Heavens DLC.

Very interesting vido. Especially possible future. We can see chapters expanding geographycally, expanding entire game, which should be for first time they are trying to do it in "DLC history" (okey finally like older expansion? I can imagine adding new landmass ala Darklands recently in ME Wh2 or Athen Loren in Wh1 and more. )

Default Re: New Historical total war era announcement coming on Thursday!

Very curious, I'm anxious for the historical TW! .

New 3K DLC entry was just added to SteamDB - 1244640

Could it be content for Make war not Love event? Reason would be that one DLC entry was also added today for WH2. Which looks quite suspicious..week ahead of Valentine.
    Last edited by Daruwind; February 06, 2020 at 05:50 AM.

A few news I collect in previous days

1) discussing DLCs ...North,South...expanding maps, new characters, improving old stuff

2)https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...veloper_diary/
    mtgrhox
    The uploaded file is an original fourth picture of the new developer diary where the developer was explaining the change for the axe unit. This picture was swapped into Xu Chu charging into spear wall about three hours later.

In this picture, the flag has 嚴 written on it. 嚴 is an uncommon Chinese character for a name and Yan Baihu is the only one who could be classified as a faction leader while having 嚴 as his last name.

Furthermore, he was one of the opponents in Sun Ce's conquests in Jiangdong so he's a perfect fit in the upcoming 194 DLC filling the power vacuum in south China. Additionally, some people even categorize Yan Baihu as Shanyue, so he might come out as a barbarian warlord and help the diversity of faction roster in TK total war.

3)https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dev-di...hree-kingdoms/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dev Diary: Balancing Total War: THREE KINGDOMS

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS

February 11 2020

Balancing any game is no mean feat – and Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is no exception.
    We’re handing over to associate designer Matt Perkins in order to give you an insight into the balancing process, particularly in the leadup to the release of Mandate of Heaven – check it out below.
    Welcome to the battlefield

When I started working as a designer to help with battle balancing for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS in July 2019, it was clear from the start I had a lot of work on my hands. I’ve been an avid fan of Total War for a very long time, having started playing MEDIEVAL: Total War when I was just 7 years old. As such, I arrived full of excitement and energy, ready to graciously fix every issue I encountered.
    I quickly found that was not how things were going to go down.
    My first balance fix was to decrease the damage of the defensive arrow towers, which the community had correctly pointed out were far too strong. However, when the patch went live the community suddenly found it was now impossible to hold unwalled settlements without a garrisoned army. The arrow towers no longer did enough damage to enemy heroes, who would now kill the entire garrison with impunity.
    Maybe this wasn’t as easy as I first thought…
    So, after some discussions with senior designers and community management, I started to create an expansive document detailing each battle-related community issue, the reason for said issue, and my suggestions as to how fix each one.
    Identifying issues

Most balancing issues raised come from you, the community. Whether it’s a strongly worded complaint on steam, an in-depth discussion on Reddit, or a video showcasing how to win a multiplayer battle with only three Xu Chu clones, I probably have a link to it in my battle balance document.
    Most issues usually fall into one of three categories:

• The mechanic in question had originally been designed with the Romance mode campaign in mind, meaning there was issues with its use in either Records mode or competitive multiplayer
    • An issue that the community had strongly differing opinions on (for example should heroes be reduced in power to be more balanced or should they be able to defeat entire armies alone like they do in Romance of the Three Kingdoms?)
    • Something that was working in theory but didn’t have the desired or a reduced effect when played outside the situation it was designed for

I’d also like to give a huge thanks to Milk and Cookies Total War for his video, which focused on the various issues with multiplayer balancing. With Patch 1.3.0, I tried to tackle a lot of these issues by rebalancing many abilities and creating counter tactics against the most powerful heroes.
    When THREE KINGDOMS was initially being balanced, the system was based around a very large, very scary spreadsheet made of infinite pages of calculations that, somehow, spit out very detailed and rather lovely looking graphs.

It was clear, however, that when tested in the heat of battle, players were able to use exploits and tactics that previous balance design hadn’t accounted for.
    Mandate of Heaven balance changes

When deciding what balance changes I should make for Mandate of Heaven, I decided early on that I wanted to focus on units. With the last rebalancing having been based around heroes and multiplayer, I thought it best to try to address some of the issues the community were having regarding the lack of gameplay diversity in battles.
    The main issues being brought up in terms of unit balancing were:

• Metal infantry units were underpowered across the board. As such, they were not being used
    • Militia units were far too powerful for their cost bracket, with players and AI often not upgrading them to higher tier units as there was no need to do so. Militia archers in particular were seen as too powerful, with the entire Water roster also considered an issue
    • Fire cavalry was more effective overall than Earth cavalry due to Fire cavalry being used to efficiently rout missile units

With these issues in mind, I started to create a strategy to deal with them.
    First, I performed my own playtests. It soon became clear that, while each Metal unit could defeat its Wood counterpart, they would have so few men left afterwards that you were essentially sacrificing one unit to kill another. As such, we saw that many in the community had abandoned using Metal units, as they were not the most effective army build.

To fix this, I didn’t want to simply increase damage for all Metal roster units – I wanted to add more tools for the player to use. This was the main reason that I gave axe units bonuses versus shields, and sword units bonuses to melee evasion.
    With these changes, axe units could then do more damage to shielded spears, who due to their low melee evasion took horrendous damage from the high damage output of the axe units. Meanwhile, the sword units could defend much better than before, meaning they took much less damage against Ji units and would eventually wear them down while taking little damage themselves.
    To accentuate these changes, I also lowered the morale of most Wood units as well as overhauling a large amount of the morale variables. This meant that the Wood units would now rout at higher numbers, meaning much more of the Metal infantry units would be left intact after combat.
    The morale changes also helped to consolidate the changes I’d made to make militia units weaker across the board. Militia units now felt fragile and prone to routing compared with the higher-cost and better-equipped units.
    All these changes mean you should now see greater variety in roles and tactics on the battlefield, with:

• Axe units being great counters for shielded infantry
    • Militia units no longer as dependable as they once were
    • Sword and shield infantry able to hold the line without taking as many casualties
    • Archers being focused towards unshielded, low armour targets
    • Crossbows for anti-armour damage and hero suppression
    • Morale and fatigue should play a greater role on the battlefield, focusing on small groups of units should make pockets of the enemy battle line collapse, allowing for breakthroughs and flanking
    • Using missile troops to attack wavering troops is a good way to cause a rout

Looking forward

This is an ongoing strategy – many changes are still planned. In the future I plan to cover those things I didn’t have chance to get to during patch 1.4.0, such as looking into creating a clear distinction between the two cavalry rosters and how players acquire higher tier units, as well as understanding why archer usage has gone up despite them being reduced in power.
    With the changes made for Mandate of Heaven, I have taken steps to increase the diversity of gameplay. I hope you’ve all been enjoying the new changes and myriad units added with Mandate of Heaven and, as always, would love to hear your feedback – we’ve made a thread on the official forums for this very purpose!

Alright, that largely settles the schedule, I guess. The Lü Bu - Cao Cao DLC will be revealed tomorrow, which probably leads to a release sometime around the 17th of March. The Goblin/High Elf pack is projected to be published sometime in May, which also means that Troy release date will almost certainly be before the summer vacations. June sounds as the likeliest period, in my opinion. Given that Creative Assembly uploads the trailer videos approximately three or two and a half months prior, I would expect the announcement between the DLCs of Three Kingdoms and Warhammer, i.e. late March/early April. The elephant in the room is the announcement of Warhammer III. Definitely after the release of the Saga game, so that the customers are not distracted, which could mean either early autumn or perhaps early July, similarly to Rome II. During the autumn, we should probably wait for the Vietnam culture content and perhaps for the last lord pack for Warhammer II, but I personally find it unlikely. The market already seems well-satiated and they will presumably need every available resource and employer for preparing the last part of the trilogy and to generate the necessary hype.

New hot fix is upon us:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...hotfix-update/

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS 1.5.1 Hotfix Update

Ella McConnell

April 23 2020

The updated 1.5.1 hotfix for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is now live.
    On the 23rd of April 2020, we released an additional update to the 1.5.1 patch that fixed issues that were causing games to crash:

• Fixed crash introduced in 1.5.1 that would occur after a campaign had progressed for a good number of turns
    • Also fixed crash on loading save games caused by the above issue

As well as these new additions, we’re also aware of ongoing reports from the community of issues and quirks remaining in the game. To address any concerns, below is a list a future fixes we’re working on for inclusion in the next patch:

• Fix for a UI issue that flagged an “unknown build number” when loading a saved game. Save games can safely be loaded despite the prompt from the UI as the issue is with the UI, not the save
    • Fix that stops faction income showing differently once a saved game is loaded
    • More issues around alliance-war peace issues fixed
    • A full fix for Fervour not being turned off properly after the Mandate War ends
    • Fixed issues around bandit faction unique units and bandit network unit caps
    • Zheng Jiang can again request tribute from non-bandit factions
    • Fixed the missing prime minister court position in Mandate of Heaven

The 1.5.1 hotfix also addresses the following issues:

• Fixed an issue where Titles were not unlocking correctly once a save had loaded
    • Confederation is available again as a diplomatic option once you become King/Emperor
    • Fixed an issue where effects from buildings and assignments to reduce Fervour weren’t working in the Mandate of Heaven campaign
    • Fixed issue where some Yellow Turban buildings in Mandate campaign required some techs from the main campaign
    • Bandit minor settlements can now gain population properly
    • Fixed a bug where if Yan Baihu was attacked while using Poison Volley ability he became stuck and unable to move or fight for the rest of the battle
    • Fixed an issue where the political influence bars were not showing up for Liu Hong on his court screen
    • Fixed an issue where if Lü Bu has administrators and accepted an event to move to Liu Bei’s territory those administrators were unassigned
    • Fixed a crash caused by Requesting Tribute from a faction which is the target of a Mercenary Contract
    • Tao Qian set so he can no longer spawn into the A World Betrayed campaign (as he’s absolutely meant to be dead)
    • Cheng Yu will no longer leave Cao Cao in A World Betrayed on turn one if the player starts a legendary campaign
    • Pang Ji will no longer leave Yuan Shao in A World Betrayed on turn one if the player starts a legendary campaign
    • Cai Mao has been added to Liu Biao’s faction in A World Betrayed

SteamDB is showing two more DLC entries for 3K

Patchnotes for 1.5.2
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...s-patch-1-5-2/

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Patch 1.5.2

Kate Fanthorpe
    May 13 2020

The 1.5.2 patch for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is now live in beta access.
    In order to opt in to the 1.5.2 patch beta:

• Right-click on Total War: THREE KINGDOMS in your Steam library
    • Click Properties and click the Betas tab
    • In the drop-down menu, select the 5.2 option
    • Close the window and your build will automatically update to 1.5.2

The 1.5.2 patch addresses the following issues:
    Diplomacy

• Fixed issue where if an individual deal component was not the first part of a diplomacy deal it could lead to problems later – for example if a Mercenary Treaty wasn’t added first in a deal, that treaty might not complete correctly when its time limit runs out
    • Fixed issue where Liu Bei couldn’t annex Han Empire settlements in Mandate of Heaven
    • Fixed issue where asking subjects to end a feud as an Empire leader wasn’t working correctly – it would say they had agreed to make peace but they wouldn’t actually have made peace (this now no longer happens)
    • Fixed issue where the Coerce diplomatic action was missing for Lü Bu
    • Fixed remaining issues that meant a player couldn’t make peace when in an alliance war
    • Fixed issue where multiple alliance wars could be proposed at once
    • Fix for factions other than Bandits and those that aren’t under player control being able to sign mercenary treaties
    • Fixed issue where it was possible to issue ultimatums to factions you were already at war with
    • Fixed issue where it was possible to be at war with an alliance member if they issued you a mercenary contract and the target asked you to turn against the issuing faction
    • Fixed issue where if a mercenary faction asked another mercenary faction to be a mercenary for them, they wouldn’t be assigned a mission to attack a target
    • Fixed issue where the mercenary contract bar would stick around at the top of the screen if the mercenary lord made peace with the mercenary target
    • Fixed issue where, if you are kicked from an alliance/empire, you could wrongly have wars with both the alliance/empire and individual members of the alliance/empire
    • Fixed issue where consequential deals information was missing from some war event messages, for example declaring war on a faction with vassals will now once again show consequential wars with vassals in the event pop-up

Characters

• Added more faction fondness for characters in A World Betrayed so that more legendary characters are happy to stay in their historical factions, for example:
      • Zhang Liao now has fondness for Lü Bu’s faction and a positive relationship with Lü Bu
      • Diaochan now has fondness for Lü Bu’s faction

• Fixed issue where all court nobles were getting the governor salary by default, even if they were a family member. Now by default a character’s salary is 150 and then increased by titles and becoming governor (250 base) and minister (350 base). It is then further modified up or down by effect from tech tree etc. Family members will again have 0 salary
    • Halved AI salaries for court nobles, administrators and ministers
    • Increased time characters with unique art remain in the character pool after they leave a faction or their faction is destroyed, from 20 turns to 50 turns
    • Corrected Guo Si’s class display in battles, he is now consistently displayed as Wood
    • Changed Wu Jing’s personality type so his faction is less aggressive in campaign, giving more time for Sun Ce to complete his objectives
    • Cheng Pu now uses a corrected unit in records mode in the Rise of Warlords campaign so he now has a bodyguard. This fix will only apply to campaigns started after this patch
    • The following characters were spawning as the wrong element in the A World Betrayed campaign (which has now been fixed):
      • Han Fu
      • Liu Qi
      • Yuan Shang
      • Xu Rong
      • Yang Biao
      • Wei Huang
      • Xuan Fan
      • Fan Min

• Added effects to the career trait for the following characters, and also set their starting traits as they were missing them:
      • Gao Dai
      • Zhu Fu
      • Xu Zhao
      • Wu Huan
      • Shi Yi
      • Shi Huang
      • Shi Wu

• Zhang Yan’s and Zheng Jiang’s skill trees have been updated to include new Bandit skills
    • Fixed issue where Lady Mi and Tao Qian were missing Resilience
    • Fixed issue were Lady Bian’s armour gave Resolve instead of Authority
    • Fixed incorrect Chinese character used in the name of Yang Hong
    • Fixed issue where Yuan Huan was not gaining access to the Agricultural Development assignment his career trait should have given him
    • Fixed issue where any faction could get the Sun Quan/Zhang Zhao event if they had Zhang Zhao in their faction
    • Ma Xiu and Ma Tie’s starting ranks are now consistent in Rise of Warlords and A World Betrayed
    • Fixed issue where Luo Jun couldn’t unequip his starting armour or weapon
    • Fixed issue where Yan Baihu was missing a normal horse in his starting equipment which prevented him from unequipping his starting horse
    • Corrected Wang Dang’s background in the campaign selection screen to match his actual background in campaign
    • Corrected Lu Zhi’s spawn years so he cannot spawn in the A World Betrayed start date anymore
    • Changed Li Jue’s AI personality so it no longer references Dong Zhuo
    • Fixed issue where Zheng Jiang started with Archer Militia in her retinue which she can no longer recruit
    • Fix for characters added in A World Betrayed, or who got updated backgrounds in A World Betrayed, not supporting any political faction if they join Liu Hong’s faction in the Mandate campaign
    • Tao Qian’s wife Lady Gan is now in both Mandate of Heaven and Rise of Warlords
    • Fixed issue where Que Xuan leaves Tao Qian on turn 1 in Rise of Warlords
    • Fixed issue where Han Dang leaves Sun Jian on turn 1 in Mandate of Heaven on higher difficulties
    • Zhao Yun no longer starts with the Blue Blade in any campaign
    • Sun Ce death event in main campaign now waits until at least the year 200 to fire
    • Adjusted Guo Tu’s birth year so he appears of age in Yuan Shao’s court in the A World Betrayed campaign

Campaign

• Removed warning of wrong game version in load game menu as the warning is incorrect
    • Fixed issue where Fervour effect bundles were not being removed after the Mandate War ended
    • Halved Prestige given by Lü Bu’s Personal Victories
    • Corrected issue where for each of the Bandit factions one of their unique units started with a cap but the other didn’t. Their unique units now have no cap, and do not gain a cap through any technologies. Other Bandit factions can still gain access to some of the other Bandit factions’ unique units via the Bandit Network
    • Moved many instances of modifiers to Family Estates income from effect bundles to other sources to correct issue where income could drop/increase on a save load
    • Reduced Prestige given by Bandit buildings to reduce pace of their campaign
    • Fixed issue where Liu Hong mission “A Legacy for the Han Dynasty is crafted by the Emperor” did not have a target building to construct
    • Replaced bonuses to silk and spice income in Bandit network with a bonus to commerce income
    • Fix for mission to take 95 regions not appearing correctly for Lü Bu once he has eliminated the other Emperors. Victory could still be achieved but the mission alerting players to this that was not appearing
    • Cao Cao no longer captures the Emperor if his faction is no longer around
    • Fix for Sun Ce’s Grandmaster Legacy of Wu set bonus not applying correctly to characters
    • Fixed dilemma “A Thief No More” to correctly spawn a character into Cao Cao’s faction
    • Fixed issue where Foreign Assignments were not available in the Eight Princes campaign
    • Eight Princes factions now have access to Zhanmajian Infantry and the Imperial units added in Mandate of Heaven
    • Spies are now available from the start for Bandit factions in the Rise of Warlords campaign
    • Zheng Jiang can again Demand Tribute from Han factions
    • Applied a fix to Sun Ce’s ambitions so that upon completion they always give at least 1 turn of boost to Reckless Luck
    • Fix for Lu Zhi’s “Art of War” not unlocking correctly
    • Fixed issues in multiplayer campaigns where if both players are Bandit factions and have Mercenary Contracts they could get each other’s rewards. They now get the correct rewards for their faction
    • Fixed issue where the Population icon and Fervour icon was not being shown on the province panel for major settlements
    • Fixed issue where completing missions for Sun Ce that granted characters before that character had come of age would not lead in them being given to him. Now if these missions are completed the character will join him once they are of age
    • Fixed issue where Lü Bu, on betraying Liu Bei, would sometimes get territory that did not belong to Liu Bei
    • Fixed issue where AI faction leaders could get titles
    • Fixed issue where heirs becoming faction leaders could keep their titles
    • Fixed issue where the “A Way Out” dilemma could occur multiple times if the campaign was saved and loaded
    • Reserves effect from Share the Spoils and Raiding stance is now being applied correctly
    • White Cranes Bandit tech melee evasion bonus increased from +3% to +5%
    • Fixed issue where it wasn’t possible to construct State Workshop in Jianye as one already technically existed in a slot that isn’t visible when it is conquered
    • Corrected issue with downgrades for Bandit resource buildings causing issues – these can now be converted properly by Han factions
    • Sun Ce’s flag now correctly changes when he forms a Kingdom
    • Corrected issue where many horse speeds had not been updated to reflect new unit speeds
    • Fixed issue where the new Bandit skills were not giving attribute points
    • Fixed issue where Prime Minister position was not appearing correctly for many factions in Mandate of Heaven campaign
    • Fixed issue where it was impossible to construct buildings in Jian’an when it was colonised in the Mandate of Heaven campaign
    • Fixed typo in population effect for People’s Compassion technology
    • Fixed incorrect spelling of Chen Gong and Cheng Gong in campaign selection screen
    • Fixed several instances of “a lot” being spelled as “alot”
    • Fixed issue where Sun Ce was not getting any event pop-ups when increasing faction rank
    • Fixed issue where Yan Baihu’s Family Estate income was too low in the Rise of Warlords campaign
    • Fixed issue where Sun Ce was not getting the same effects from port buildings as Sun Jian
    • Fixed issue where there were problems trying to upgrade the Taoist Temple chain (unique to Pengcheng commandery) as non-Yellow-Turban factions
    • Swapped Banditry income from Copper and Iron chains for Industry income for Bandits to give more chains with Industry income
    • Replaced references to Administrators in campaign selection, buildings and Bandit Network for Bandits with references to Underlings
    • Camp Crushers and Flying Riders now shown in Lü Bu’s campaign selection screen. These have replaced Xiliang Cavalry and Heavy Xiliang Cavalry because of the limited amount of space to display faction unique features
    • Fixed issue where Guo Jia’s Greatest Warrior objective could not be completed
    • Corrected several dilemmas that used a layout that meant the second option for them could not be seen
    • All characters in Lü Bu’s faction can now recruit Flying Riders when they are rank 2, instead of just Fire characters
    • Fix for Emperor effect bundle for Yan Baihu and Zhang Yan calling them “Empress”
    • Fixed issue where the public order bonus when Administrator effect from the Master of Writing title was not being applied correctly
    • Fixed issue where the new Bandit Villainy skill was not correctly unlocking the Reward the Villainous & Corrupt assignment
    • Cao Xing should no longer spawn in A World Betrayed until the event for Lü Bu

Audio

• Fixed issue where the distance marching sounds were not being played in campaign battles

Battle

• Adjusted Zhou Tai’s autoresolve values
    • Changed Zhou Tai’s Undying Vow ability to be active so it deactivates under the right conditions
    • Changed Sun Ce’s Blood Fury ability so that it only fires in duels
    • Reduced power of Zhanmajian Infantry and Handmaid Guard
    • Xu Chu and Handmaid Guard now give less damage resistance to nearby heroes
    • Halved duration of Yan Baihu’s Poison Volley, UI stats for damage have updated based on the changed duration
    • Increased ammunition of Mounted Crossbows
    • Fixed issue where change to Knowledge of Body healing value wasn’t included in update 1.5.0
    • Qiang Hunters were using wrong attribute set
    • Mercenary Cavalry Captain now correctly using cavalry spacing rather than infantry spacing
    • Qiao Sisters ability and Zhang brothers abilities now have correct deactivation conditions
    • Added the following units to the following characters in custom/multiplayer battles:
      • Gao Shun now has access to Protectors of Heaven and Defenders of Earth
      • Jia Xu now has access to Xiliang Cavalry and Heavy Xiliang Cavalry
      • Guo Jia now has access to Tiger and Leopard Cavalry and Heavy Tiger and Leopard Cavalry
      • Pang Tong now has access to Yi Archers and Yi Marksmen
      • Xun Yu now has access to Tiger and Leopard Cavalry and Heavy Tiger & Leopard Cavalry
      • Yan Baihu now has access to Protectors of Heaven and Defenders of Earth
      • Yan Yu now has access to Protectors of Heaven and Defenders of Earth
      • Zhang Liao now has access to Xiliang Cavalry, Heavy Xiliang Cavalry, Camp Crushers and Flying Riders
      • Chen Gong now has access to Xiliang Cavalry, Heavy Xiliang Cavalry, Camp Crushers and Flying Riders
      • Diao Chan now has access to Xiliang Cavalry, Heavy Xiliang Cavalry, Camp Crushers and Flying Riders
      • Sun Ren now has access to Tiger Guard
      • Sun Quan now has access to Tiger Guard and Handmaid Guard
      • Zhou Yu now has access to Tiger Guard and Handmaid Guard
      • Sun Jian now has access to Handmaid Guard
      • Gan Ning now has access to Handmaid Guard

• Diaochan now gets a unique weapon at Enchantress level in custom/multiplayer battles
    • Xun Yu now gets a unique weapon at Marquis of Wansui level in custom/multiplayer battles
    • Added the following missing abilities to the following units:
      • Mercenary Infantry now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Zhanmajian Infantry now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Pearl Dragons now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Tiger Guard now have access to Caltrops
      • Protectors of Heaven now have access to Caltrops
      • Mercenary Archers now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Defenders of Earth now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Imperial Sword Guard now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Imperial Gate Guard now have access to Caltrops
      • Imperial Palace Crossbowmen now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Infantry of Jing now have access to Caltrops
      • Imperial Defenders now have access to Caltrops
      • Yue Remnant Warriors now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Azure Dragons now have access to Caltrops
      • Fury of Beihai now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Thunder of Jian’an now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Onyx Dragons now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Destroyers of Treachery now have access to Diamond formation
      • Defenders of the Empire now have access to Shield Wall formation
      • Camp Crushers now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Handmaid Guard now have access to Diamond formation
      • Chen Royal Guard now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Chen Peacekeepers now have access to Wedge formation
      • Defenders of Hebei now have access to Caltrops
      • Rapid Tiger Infantry now have access to Smoke Screen, Caltrops and Circle formation
      • Warriors of the Left now have access to Smoke Screen, Caltrops and Circle formation
      • Huanglao Paragons now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Venerable Wu now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Scholar Warriors now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Archery Masters now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Jiazi Raiders now have access to Wedge formation
      • Fervent Defenders now have access to Shield Wall and Hollowed Square formations
      • Guardians of the Land now have access to Caltrops, Shield Wall and Hollowed Square formations
      • Watchmen of the Peace now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Exemplars of the Tao now have access to Smoke Screen and Caltrops
      • Spearmen Gang now have access to Shield Wall, Turtle and Circle formations
      • Ascetics of the Way now have access to Shield Wall and Hollowed Square formations
      • Peasant Volunteers now have access to Loose formation
      • Poachers now have access to Loose formation
      • Redeemed Outlaws now have access to Shield Wall and Circle formations
      • Zealots of the Way now have access to Caltrops
      • Bringers of Peace now have access to Caltrops and Smoke Screen
      • Gallant of the People now have access to Caltrops. Corrected their formations to right ones for their element
      • Tyrant Slayers now have access to Diamond formation
      • Righteous Vanguards now have access to Diamond formation
      • Youxia now have access to Caltrops and Smoke Screen
      • Arm of the Supreme Peace now have access to Caltrops
      • Bringers of Righteousness now have access to Smoke Screen
      • Chosen of the Eight Immortals now have access to Caltrops and Smoke Screen
      • Messengers of Heaven now have access to Wedge formation
      • People’s Warband now have access to Circle formation

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

So I've had a go at TW3K today, played a good bit of time - I absolutely love the UI and the graphic design / artwork. It's absolutely superb, the graphical / artistic team has done a fabulous job.

Literally it's a piece of art what they've done.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Souron's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    So I've had a go at TW3K today, played a good bit of time - I absolutely love the UI and the graphic design / artwork. It's absolutely superb, the graphical / artistic team has done a fabulous job.

Literally it's a piece of art what they've done.
    I compleatly aggree with that. is is a very visually appealing game for sure - kinda annoyed at myself for not being into the game more because of aa lack of interests in the time period/location. a part of me hopes they takes this design style forword into new titles 100%

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian