Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Minor additions

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Minor additions

@MIKE GOLF - Thank you so much!

Your Welcome.

@ Adjudant-Major, I hope that life will allow you to return to modding if even for a bit. There are still dwarven, hobbit and other factions awaiting your skills to improve them.

Thank you, I would eventually like to - I played a few good turns yesterday after a long time, and the game is still so good... but - I cannot load my saved games. It gives me a unspecified error message and ctd. I never had such a problem before, and I certainly was able to play easily with my mod - I did not touch it since, and now I get this. The campaign and the custom battles run well, no problem, no ctd's, only when I try to load a saved game. I've read many people experienced this issue and thaught it was steam related. I does not appear to be steam related, as my old dvd version is giving me the very same result the steam version does (I re-installed the dvd version to check it out). I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell unless I can google a solution.

Edit I love troubleshooting: my problem has nothing to do with steam or the game, it is script related... once I am able to make it work, I will slowly get back to modelling.
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; July 02, 2019 at 04:32 PM.

I hope everything gets back up and running for you soon! If you need any help let me know, not saying I can be of much use but one never knows.

I got it work by simply removing one of my other "minor additions" - a script which was supposed to reveal and hide the tiles with custom settlement models. As I do not like the generic settlement models which replace the custom ones once the strat map is reloaded. I have a PreFactionTurnStart monitor which works nicely and at each turn it repairs the thing. But I also wanted to prevent generic models replacing the custom ones after a battle or when the player reloads his game. So I had a GameReloaded monitor. I would swear I did test it, and it did work. Now it causes that CTD, it corrupts the sav. I did ask the same question in workshop, but we might eventually discuss it here as since, since this little script is a "minor addition"

A great solution by Withwnar:

Code:
    declare_counter trm_not_applied_since_reload

monitor_event GameReloaded
      set_event_counter trm_apply_for_reload 0
      set_counter trm_not_applied_since_reload 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterSelected I_CompareCounter trm_not_applied_since_reload == 1
      inc_event_counter trm_apply_for_reload 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementSelected I_CompareCounter trm_not_applied_since_reload == 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event ButtonPressed I_CompareCounter trm_not_applied_since_reload == 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event EventCounter EventCounterType trm_apply_for_reload
      and ! I_InBattle
      and EventCounter > 0

;do reveals and hides here
      if I_EventCounter trm_apply_for_reload == 2
        set_counter trm_not_applied_since_reload 0
      end_if

end_monitor
    ...but I think "and ! I_InBattle" must go to the last monitor, otherwise I am getting CTD since the game is trying to reveal and hide tiles in battle
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; July 03, 2019 at 08:25 AM.

After reading the original thread I am still baffled as to why the custom settlements would disappear. It would seem that instead of coming up a script to correct this, perhaps there is an issue with how the custom settlements are implemented.

Some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. But slowly, step by step, they get recovered from the darkness.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eriador.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	336.3 KB 
ID:	359117

eriador_captain_flag_early_lod0.zip

These guys will also need a good cavalry banner. And perhaps different banners for the Greenway troops and Merchant militia and the Dúnedain.
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; August 09, 2019 at 03:49 PM.

Welcome back! Will make a great addition.

I think the dwarves are the only faction needing new infantry bannermen (bannerdwarves) and if possible some hobbit sized banner carriers.

Eriador's slightly improved banner carrier + Dwarf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwarf.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	359299

Eriador-Dwarves.zip

The hobbit is a little bit tricky. I am not using banners for my hobbit battalions, but I might get back to them later. Maybe they could use the Dwarf's skeleton.

Absolutely beautiful, wonderful work as always! I can't express my gratitude enough for your work.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 22, 2019 at 01:51 PM.

I have have found another faction that could use your attention whenever you get time to tackle it, Harad.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Would it be possible to do a Harad cavalry banner shaped similar to this one?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 27, 2019 at 02:21 PM.

These banners are fantastic!

Hi, apparently these files are missing, was wondering if you still have the files?
    65 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/swordsme2_pela.texture 67 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/swordsme3_normal.texture 0

Tried clicking the link, nothing there. Any alternative to the link?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What link?

This one, from page 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Adjudant-Major View Post
    Here come 54 new banner carriers for Gondor and Arnor... https://ufile.io/ym20n (approx 35 MB; I have possibly added useless files, and I cannot guarantee I did not miss anything... if there is something missing, tell me)

There are some for my own custom units you do not have (like the Lebennin Pikemen, Ringlo Warriors, or Mounted Ithilien Rangers; I am using my own specific Amroth units which are based on the vanilla Arnor troops + modified militia)

The system I use is basically an officer + 2 banner carriers for each battalion; sometimes just one banner carrier (for the rangers etc); the regular Gondor units carry a black banner and a blue banner, the bodyguard units carry a white banner and a black banner, the militia carries a black or blue banner + regional banner, etc. The combinations are yours to make. The militia regional banner models refer to several different banners which are picked at random, there is no system. The basic idea is that in your battles you will see militia battalion coming from different regions of your realm. Each banner carrier is a specific figure, there are no generic banner carriers, so a ranger banner carrier is a ranger, a Fountain Guard banner carrier is a Fountain Guard; of course, if you do not like it, you may choose and use just those you prefer.

Like everything I do : all permissions are granted, including modifications, publications, litterally anything - I do not care, enjoy, use it, mod it. No credits required. And I call all these "minor additions" for the simple fact they are minor mechanical improvements to the existing work made by many much more skilled artits. If anyone feels I used his own work here, I will either credit him or remove it at once should this be requested. I believe all this is just a modification of the vanilla TATW pieces, but I mod this game for 10 years and it might happen I took something years ago without paying attention to who the author was and what were his conditions of use of his work... oh yes, the Dol Amroth militia and the Gondor Militia upgrades come from someone else I believe. I did not create any of these textures, I just put together different parts with slight modifications to fit the game's system for doctored figures.

The list of officers for your units :

officer gondor_militia_cav_banner_gondor
    officer gondor_militia_cav_banner_regions
    officer gondor_militia_banner_gondor
    officer gondor_militia_banner_regions
    officer lossarnach_banner_gondor
    officer lossarnach_banner_region
    officer rvswordsmen_banner_region (ringlo vale warriors)
    officer rvswordsmen_banner_gondor
    officer marines_banner_region
    officer marines_banner_gondor
    officer lebennin_banner_region (lebennin pikemen based on this http://wiki.lindefirion.net/images/GondorMilitary4.jpg)
    officer lebennin_banner_gondor
    officer gondor_banner_black (basic gondor infantry banner carrier)
    officer gondor_banner_blue
    officer gondor_banner_kg_black (citadel guards)
    officer gondor_banner_kg_minas
    officer gondor_banner_kg_white
    officer osgiliath_banner_region (osgiliath pikemen)
    officer osgiliath_banner_gondor
    officer gondor_banner_fg_minas (fountain guards)
    officer gondor_banner_fg_black
    officer gondor_banner_fg_white
    officer gondor_banner_black_cav (basic gondor cavalry banner carrier)
    officer gondor_banner_blue_cav
    officer gondor_banner_bg_minas (bodyguards)
    officer gondor_banner_bg_black
    officer gondor_banner_bg_white
    officer ranger_banner
    officer ranger_banner_horse
    officer blackroot_banner
    officer amroth_militia_banner_region
    officer amroth_militia_banner_gondor
    officer amroth_militia_cavban_region
    officer amroth_militia_cavban_gondor
    officer amroth_banner_region
    officer amroth_banner_gondor
    officer amroth2_banner_region (dol amroth pikemen)
    officer amroth2_banner_gondor
    officer swan_banner_region (mounted)
    officer swan_banner_gondor
    officer arnor_militia_banner_arnor
    officer arnor_militia_banner_regions
    officer arnor_banner_arnor
    officer arnor_banner_gondor
    officer arnor_knight_infban_arnor (for the hollow steel archers too)
    officer arnor_knight_infban_gondor
    officer dunedain_infban_arnor
    officer dunedain_infban_region
    officer arnor_cavbanner_arnor
    officer arnor_cavbanner_gondor
    officer arnor_knight_cavban_arnor
    officer arnor_knight_cavban_gondor
    officer dunedain_cavban_arnor
    officer dunedain_cavban_gondor

This will be completed by the Fornost pikemen; and Eriador banner carriers. The zip file contains the models and the textures in their standard game subfolders referenced by the modeldb code which is attached; it should work simply by copying the subfolders to your game, possibly overwrite old files (make backup!), copy the modeldb code to your modeldb file, rise the number of entires on the first line by 54 (if you use all of them), and add the officers to your edu. Nothing for begginers here, sorry.

EDIT: some missing textures added in post 30; all the unit textures need to go to en_lhmail_hmail\textures, not just textures

Everything I have is located in post #60, which has a link to all of Adjutant-Major's work.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234