Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Minor additions

Default Re: Minor additions

@MIKE GOLF - Thank you so much!

Your Welcome.

@ Adjudant-Major, I hope that life will allow you to return to modding if even for a bit. There are still dwarven, hobbit and other factions awaiting your skills to improve them.

Thank you, I would eventually like to - I played a few good turns yesterday after a long time, and the game is still so good... but - I cannot load my saved games. It gives me a unspecified error message and ctd. I never had such a problem before, and I certainly was able to play easily with my mod - I did not touch it since, and now I get this. The campaign and the custom battles run well, no problem, no ctd's, only when I try to load a saved game. I've read many people experienced this issue and thaught it was steam related. I does not appear to be steam related, as my old dvd version is giving me the very same result the steam version does (I re-installed the dvd version to check it out). I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell unless I can google a solution.

Edit I love troubleshooting: my problem has nothing to do with steam or the game, it is script related... once I am able to make it work, I will slowly get back to modelling.
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; July 02, 2019 at 04:32 PM.

I hope everything gets back up and running for you soon! If you need any help let me know, not saying I can be of much use but one never knows.

I got it work by simply removing one of my other "minor additions" - a script which was supposed to reveal and hide the tiles with custom settlement models. As I do not like the generic settlement models which replace the custom ones once the strat map is reloaded. I have a PreFactionTurnStart monitor which works nicely and at each turn it repairs the thing. But I also wanted to prevent generic models replacing the custom ones after a battle or when the player reloads his game. So I had a GameReloaded monitor. I would swear I did test it, and it did work. Now it causes that CTD, it corrupts the sav. I did ask the same question in workshop, but we might eventually discuss it here as since, since this little script is a "minor addition"

A great solution by Withwnar:

Code:
    declare_counter trm_not_applied_since_reload

monitor_event GameReloaded
      set_event_counter trm_apply_for_reload 0
      set_counter trm_not_applied_since_reload 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterSelected I_CompareCounter trm_not_applied_since_reload == 1
      inc_event_counter trm_apply_for_reload 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementSelected I_CompareCounter trm_not_applied_since_reload == 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event ButtonPressed I_CompareCounter trm_not_applied_since_reload == 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event EventCounter EventCounterType trm_apply_for_reload
      and ! I_InBattle
      and EventCounter > 0

;do reveals and hides here
      if I_EventCounter trm_apply_for_reload == 2
        set_counter trm_not_applied_since_reload 0
      end_if

end_monitor
    ...but I think "and ! I_InBattle" must go to the last monitor, otherwise I am getting CTD since the game is trying to reveal and hide tiles in battle
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; July 03, 2019 at 08:25 AM.

After reading the original thread I am still baffled as to why the custom settlements would disappear. It would seem that instead of coming up a script to correct this, perhaps there is an issue with how the custom settlements are implemented.

Some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. But slowly, step by step, they get recovered from the darkness.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eriador.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	336.3 KB 
ID:	359117

eriador_captain_flag_early_lod0.zip

These guys will also need a good cavalry banner. And perhaps different banners for the Greenway troops and Merchant militia and the Dúnedain.
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; August 09, 2019 at 03:49 PM.

Welcome back! Will make a great addition.

I think the dwarves are the only faction needing new infantry bannermen (bannerdwarves) and if possible some hobbit sized banner carriers.

Eriador's slightly improved banner carrier + Dwarf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwarf.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	359299

Eriador-Dwarves.zip

The hobbit is a little bit tricky. I am not using banners for my hobbit battalions, but I might get back to them later. Maybe they could use the Dwarf's skeleton.

Absolutely beautiful, wonderful work as always! I can't express my gratitude enough for your work.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 22, 2019 at 01:51 PM.

I have have found another faction that could use your attention whenever you get time to tackle it, Harad.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Would it be possible to do a Harad cavalry banner shaped similar to this one?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 27, 2019 at 02:21 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234