Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Michael Wolff's and Steve Bannon's "insidie" criticism against the US President

Default Re: Michael Wolff's and Steve Bannon's "insidie" criticism against the US President

Trump is the opposite of Claudius, if you're looking for that historical comparison.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Michael Wolff's and Steve Bannon's "insidie" criticism against the US President

he is more like caligula, he would legit make a horse a senator, if said horse was married to his daughter.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    he is more like caligula, he would legit make a horse a senator, if said horse was married to his daughter.
    I think he'd prefer Hadrian, famed for travelling his empire to greet his adoring subjects and building a wall to keep out the barbarians. But he does like feuding and getting rid of numerous members of his own government, like Caligula, and sleeping with his friends' wives and bragging about it. Maybe he'll end up like Caligula did.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

For a longer comment on Bannon's character and the situation in general, here's a video from a former Bannon employee:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    Clinton: "We must teach our children to resolve their conflicts with words, not weapons."
    ... Words like: SCUD STORM...

Well for now, he's settled with making the horse his advisor. Though who knows what the future will bring...

There are an amazing number of coffee bois in the Trump Administration.

Would explain why Trump only sleeps four hours per day.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

https://www.salon.com/2018/01/06/ale...alism_partner/

Look! Another kiss-butt tries to take Bannon's place.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

r/The_Donald is hilarious right now. It's a mixture of deleted posts by regular posters who have finally seen the light, the usual 12 year olds with their 'ERMAGERD GOD EMPEROR SUPER GENIUS TRUMP IS MAKING LIBERALS CRY YUSSS', and then a pitiable group of older posters who are desperately trying to explain to confused younger posters how this meltdown served Trump's interests and was part of his master plan. Even the regulars aren't convinced by their own rhetoric. The best they can come up with is that he's 'controlling the narrative', by forcing people to keep seeing repeated snippets (Trump is smart, Hillary lost, Russia conspiracy is fake, stock market is booming) of his successes which are cleverly interspersed in amongst the craziness.

Yes, they actually believe that if people see #stablegenius enough times they will eventually be convinced that it's true. Others say he's trying to distract from something unpopular but necessary he's doing right now. He's currently in Camp David with a group of Republicans coming up with a plan to deal with the opioid crisis among other things, so ironically today is the one day where he'd probably actually benefit from reports of his actual activities and not just his Twitter rants and personal dramas.
    Last edited by Copperknickers II; January 07, 2018 at 07:26 AM.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

#stablegenius?

Nagging Trump, piebald Trump or studly Trump?

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    It's beyond parody now isn't it? Nobody in the history of the world has ever convinced anyone of their intelligence by suggesting they're "like, really smart."
    Sadly any attempt to make parody of Trump usually results in an accidental quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    He's currently in Camp David with a group of Republicans coming up with a plan to deal with the opioid crisis among other things, so ironically today is the one day where he'd probably actually benefit from reports of his actual activities and not just his Twitter rants and personal dramas.
    Well, the first thing he did in the morning was rant on twitter anyway.

#stablegenius #likereallysmart
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Well, the first thing he did in the morning was rant on twitter anyway.

#stablegenius #likereallysmart
    Which gives the media their first click bait of the day. Trumps feeds the media. The media feeds Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    It's beyond parody now isn't it? Nobody in the history of the world has ever convinced anyone of their intelligence by suggesting they're "like, really smart."
    Reminds me of this old one:

"I went to an Ivy League school. I am very highly educated. I know words. I have the best words. But there is no better word than stupid."

I am always suprised how people who are obviously not very capable can be successfull. Every one knows such people. Be it an incompetent colleague with little to no knowledge but a high social skill or people who know how to choose their subjects wisely who in retun will do the job. In case of Trump i wonder why people voted for him. My guess is they hated Hillary more and like in Europe the most people aren't even looking in to the political programs. Its just about how nice they find the candidates. Okey in America you elect persons but in German for example you can only vote for parties and still its all about the person. Merkel is nice and so we vote for here although there is not a single law or reform she will be remembered for.
    Last edited by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus; January 06, 2018 at 07:26 PM.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

There are few things I don't understand about the story of this book:

1 - In the USA, especially in NYC, the author is a well known elitist liberal who spent his life writing for New York Time about gossip stories and billionaires, so, why having him around during the campaign and in White House? Why talking with him? Why having that man lurking around the staff everyday?

2 - If Bannon was in search of some form of revange against Trump, why choosing Wolff to do the dirty job? What does he get Bannon from the publication of the book? Career? Money? Politics? What?

3 - If Trump really dislikes the author why should he have spoken 3 full hours with him? Is Turmp also a masochist?

4 - Sloopy Steve still says he totally supports Trump and his policy, while Trump instead has attacked Bannon saying that

Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.

Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base—he’s only in it for himself.

Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

We have many great Republican members of Congress and candidates who are very supportive of the Make America Great Again agenda. Like me, they love the United States of America and are helping to finally take our country back and build it up, rather than simply seeking to burn it all down.

Breitbart.
    So, why has Trump chosen Sloppy Steve as Chief Strategist? Why Bannon attacks Trump through the pen of Michael Wolff and then after the vehement reply of the President he still writes on Bretibart great things about the strategy of Donald Trump?

Now, I think that, or the American policy has become so complex and Byzantine that we poor mortals are unable to understand it, or we have to accept that the political scene in the USA is like a bacchanal in the tent of Attila the Hun. The whole situation is terrifying!

Last but not least: being Italian and not understanding English in its deep complexity, I would ask you guys if calling Steve Bannon "sloppy Steve" is actually an insult, i.e., if on TWC I decide to call another forum memeber "sloppy", would it be like insulting him?

I heard Wolff kissed Trump's ass by proxy during a television interview, which the Donald must have witnessed on the rare occasions he managed to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Last but not least: being Italian and not understanding English in its deep complexity, I would ask you guys if calling Steve Bannon "sloppy Steve" is actually an insult, i.e., if on TWC I decide to call another forum memeber "sloppy", would it be like insulting him?
    Not understanding English in its deep complexity makes you miss two things. 1) Bannon has failed to do one thing. Issue a straight denial over words in a book that he could've made amount to a 'he said she said' situation if he wanted to. 2) "Sloppy Steve" is Trump being Trump. Like "Lyin' Ted" and "Crooked Hillary" and "Liddle Marco" and "Low Energy" Jeb.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

"pro-statist police state party"

so, what are the republicans?

the anti-equality ethno-state party? with their cult of personality, their militarization of police, their unfettered nepotism, their love for foreign dictators of the same ideology, their pushing for a state religion with political influence?
    The militarization of the police began in the Clinton administration - an AR-15 in every Lieutenants car started in 1996 during the semi-auto ban. Nepotism was prevalent with the early Democrats before the Republicans existed. Love of foreign dictators, let's talk about every progressive Democrat's admiration of Hugo Chavez.

But since you were asking about Republicans, they are the pro-corporate welfare social engineerist party. I would not say they are as pro-statist as Democrats, but statist in different ways. I don't care much for them either. The majority of Americans belong to neither party, for good reason. The Republicans are having a big shift with the tide leaning towards the populist version of it and the gradual side-lining of traditional country-club white collar Republicans.

Basically, Republicans want government to be society's daddy. Democrats want government to be society's mommy. The rest don't particularly desire the government in our lives at all.
    Last edited by Admiral Piett; January 07, 2018 at 03:02 AM.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Outdated stereotypical gender-roles aside that wasn't actually that bad of a point.

The major shift to issuing assault rifles to the police came after the North Hollywood shootout, when the police found themselves outmatched by a pair of heavily armed and protected shooters.

SWAT had a similar genesis a generation previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    The major shift to issuing assault rifles to the police came after the North Hollywood shootout, when the police found themselves outmatched by a pair of heavily armed and protected shooters.

SWAT had a similar genesis a generation previously.
    Oh and it got worse as a follow up to the Iraq War.

But i wonder if it would have gotten any diffrent under Republican rule. The thing is the weapons are just there. It is similar to the Libya Air Campaign. Most of the nations had a lot of bombs which were near their expiry date. The military was glad to have practice and to get rid of them because dismantling ammunition is very expansive and the industry was glad to deliver new ones. Of course they needd a lot more bombs than they had and so France and Britain noted that the ended up having not enough bombs

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Praeses

Silly book with enough facts to appear true (and if it is true its mostly unsurprising, although more likely its mostly guesswork) and trump isn't smart enough to smother it: he literally pours petrol on the flames with his arrogant blabbering.

From my side of the world this looks like Bannon's revenge for being sacked. In turn this would seem to confirm Bannon's complete loss of power. Trump is most likely the tool of the same pack of globalist Repubrocrat incumbents that gave you the GFC Iraq and NAFTA. So much for the Great Disruptor, he's just more of the same and it took less than a year to completely enslave him to the political establishment he promised to smash. He looks weak and stupid and he's clearly a puppet out of his depth.

As a citizen of a loyal ally of the US I'm saddened by this fat disgrace. There was a chance to chip away some of the dung that encrusts Washington but this guy is just more of the same : in fact he's made of it.

*Consul. I guess he put a toad on the NSC so its close enough?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast