View Poll Results: Reloading for the best mission (reward)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing against it (as unfortunately, some factions wouldnt be alive without it at this point, for example Heritance, so its extremely rooted in the current situation))

3 33.33%
  • You cannot move units generated from missions for a turn /se

5 55.56%
  • Units received from a mission may not be used in a battle the turn that they are received

2 22.22%
  • You must disband all units that you receive from missions.

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 92 FirstFirst ... 113651525354555657585960616263646566676869707186 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1826

Thread: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] Black Drake

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] Black Drake

We reached the stage when local minor conflicts expanding into bigger scale rivalisations and soon we may face a problem where players will control 2 hostile to each other factions. That's why i suggest to start discussion about future shape of this campiagn. I see 2 ways:
    - adding new players ( maybe most promising newbloods) - this would require stricter approach to 24h rule,
    - trading factions to make players control 2 with same interest ( morrowind, khajit, breton coalition).

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, thats definitely a good discussion to have

Both solutions will however lead to big turns delays, as the main advantage right now (that allowed us to have all factions) is that the two factions a player plays are next to each other in turn order, therefore that helps a lot with the pace.... but doing either of the two options you posted might indeed be necessary at some point, in order to keep the game flow as it should...

Anyway, a natural option, eventhough an indirect one, is that players take one of their factions down a path, that might possibly lead to its destruction ( in accordance to the lore/rp tho...). Such as Im kind of doing with the khajiits... maybe I could have let myself be enslaved to The Thalmor, though the khajiits will not surrender, and its possible that I might get utterly crushed in a few turns, once I make a mistake, so khajiits might be dead in long run... Though thats ofc not an option for everyone's situations...

Anyways, taking that in, Valenwood might be dead soon (Pelletine will probably survive longer than Anequina if it comes to it, as it has lands in Cyrodiil... thought its still not impossible for me to defend succesfully...), not sure if there is that much a point to the Tribunal faction anymore, Colovia will be dead very soon, "The Empire" probably some time after, though it might survive longer.... and not sure what is exactly the situation with Eastern Skyrim... whether paladinbob can survive... Also both Dres and Hlaalu are very weak, but it seems, they are not in direct danger of dying anymore...

(btw, perhaps paladin would be interested to take some faction, in case Eastern Skyrim dies?)

So if we skip some time, based on these assumptions, the only conflicts that will be left would be:
    Forebear/Redoran (Ural) - possibly quite problematic, as The Covenant already kinda borders Redoran... thought the factions themselves dont border each other
    Sharnhelm/Blackmarsh (Dragon) - same like above ( I kinda expected that Dragon would have continued with his Sharnhelm rebellion...)
    Orsinium/Dres/Hlaalu - same like above too.... though I can imagine Dres is one of the factions, that could potentionally die or be subbed, as its fairly small
    Summerset/Western Skyrim - Both factions powerful, though there is no indication, that those factions would ever reach each other, so might be fine...

possibly also Wayrest/remains of Elsweyr (me), unless its crushed - that would require another player for sure...

Not saying what those people should do (as there is no precedent or a rule for this), but perhaps they should start thinking about how to deal with this longterm (as keeping the important factions independent from each other is the core of this HS)... whether they perhaps try to take their factions down a "risky" path (as Im kinda doing with the khajiits), or whether at some point they perhaps decide which faction would they rather keep, and which faction should be subbed by neighbors, or given to a new player...?

And no, the solution of ppl just allying their two factions and create mega alliances is not really fun, in regards to the lore/rp of this HS... So we need to avoid this somehow... as I said, would be best if each plaxer found his own way, as dealing with this via admins would be probably very bad, and would cause drama that wouldnt be worth it

EDIT

And Im definitely not saying this needs to be dealt with somehow now, but its good to start having a dicussion/thoughts about this...

EDIT 2

Also lest not forget, that the act of getting players for a HS this old is not really an easy task... so mostly merging some faction is more viable solution i guess...
    Last edited by Jadli; December 21, 2021 at 11:54 AM.

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

If it comes to it, I would give the orcs to another player. I could play Dres and Hlaalu and continue the struggle against Black Marsh. The situation probably isn't very interesting there for a new player anyway.

Tribunal's single stack is still dangerous, though it's a zombie faction at this point with incredible debt if I'm not mistaken. Anyway I wouldn't say the faction is redundant

Gaming Emeritus

Joining the filthy elves and leaving Orsinium and the Great Covenant behind?! My heart is broken now...

Well, with Tribunal I meant thats its basically just another of Dragon/Blackmarsh armies, unless Im mistaken... Though, if its in a huge debt (which Im not happy to hear... for the information, Valenwood is not in any debt...), then it probably cant ever get rid of the debt anyway, even when the war is won...

If I may add my input, I am for giving extra factions to new players or dead players. Just finding players who'd be interested to just hop in is my concern alone

I would start with placing advert about free slot in hs and check if there are any volunteers. As you said there are not so many possible conflicts so 2-3 new players shouldn't be a big problem to hs's pace.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, firstly the players of those factions need to let us know, which of their factions would they be willing to give up... As I dont believe there is any "power" to "take it" from them otherwise...

Though I assume Isenbard meant, that he wouldnt mind a new player for Orsinium...

I can also leave Redoran for newcomer.

I do not see there any problem and I do not see the reason to hold this HS particularly long in its existance. It is obvious that a clash between Waryest/Forebears/Orcs alliance and Altmers/VH/Black Marsh alliance is on the way and the winner of it will be so powerfully and beyond the reach of the other factions and can be declared the winner, unless some faction of the winning allance would want to break out and fight his so far allies for a lone victory.
    I would say we should keep going with the HS as it was played so far and after finishing it we can just start another, Black Drake 2 or somethink...

Damn it's like you didn't read the above messages at all

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

I don't mind other players giving away some of their factions, but it should be voluntary (which we agree on) and personally I don't want to do it. The Tribunal is an inferior faction, but I very closely work together with Blackmarsh and the Tribunal makes me able to do that, even if it is a "zombie" faction. Although there are plans to bring it back from the dead if the morrowind war is won, you can sack so much from the untouched settlements by this point that even though it wouldn't be a one turn project, it could be ressurected.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    I do not see there any problem and I do not see the reason to hold this HS particularly long in its existance. It is obvious that a clash between Waryest/Forebears/Orcs alliance and Altmers/VH/Black Marsh alliance is on the way and the winner of it will be so powerfully and beyond the reach of the other factions and can be declared the winner, unless some faction of the winning allance would want to break out and fight his so far allies for a lone victory.
    I would say we should keep going with the HS as it was played so far and after finishing it we can just start another, Black Drake 2 or somethink...
    Well, the two mega alliances would happen if we do nothing, and hence the lore/RP/diplomacy aspect of this HS we have all enjoyed so far would disappear... If more players are added/factions divided, things could still go in some more interesting ways, at least in some parts of Tamriel... i.e., what I said
    Last edited by Jadli; December 22, 2021 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Well, the two mega alliances would happen if we do nothing, and hence the lore/RP/diplomacy aspect of this HS we have all enjoyed so far would disappear... If more players are added/factions divided, things could still go in some more interesting ways, at least in some parts of Tamriel... i.e., what I said
    I do not see how that war between alliances is against the lore. Also it is not matter of "if" for those alliances to happen as they already exist for long time. There is only matter when it will come to blows between them and from recently they share border.

In general I believe lore rules are mostly completed (Forebears united Hammerfall, Waryes dominated High Rock and so on) and many faction bassicly could do what they want and that is why I believe clash between those 2 alliances has to happen which would decide the winner of the HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Isenbard View Post
    Damn it's like you didn't read the above messages at all
    I did read them. I do not get what you mean :/

I jest, it was just a bit irrelevant to the points already made

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Anequina up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/bo0llb

For many months the forces of Blackmarsh were preparing for a suprise invasion into the lands of the khajits. The reasons for it mostly came from the offer of the so called Thalmor. If we help them out in their current war, they will aid us in our fight for our freedom from the dunmer slavers, a war, that has been going for many years now nonstop. While the argonians managed to get some foothold, the situation is tense and the slavers are amassing more and more forces to strike back soon enough. A decision has to be made and it was decided, that the fires of war, will burn once more!
    In the past Archcanon Listen-to-Waters was skeptical, when he received this offer and didn't know, if the Thalmors, an another outsider faction will keep their words in the end. In the history of the argonians, most of the outsider factions, races always wanted to spoil the lands and people of Blackmarsh in one way or another. It was always a hard decision to trust outsiders, until the Tribunal temple came. The guidance and tolerance of it leaders finally offered a chance of recognition to the Argonians, but the traitorous slavers ruined it with their never lasting greed and they casted down the Tribunal. Now only some remnants of this friendly faction remains under argonian lands, but still helping us fighting for our rights!
    The Thalmor not only offered their aid to end our war, helping us taking over morrowind and help rebuilding the Tribunal, but also all lands, that the argonians take in the battle with the khajits will remain under their control, as an argonian expansion. It was a quite good offer, one that has to be considered in the face of reality and the ever going threat of the dunmers and imperials.

The Archcanon communed with the Hist, before he decided on this matter and after a few days, he emerged with the answer to accept this deal.
    Since that day, the argonians prepared for another war, but didn't unleash their might prematurely. Argonians honor their past deals, as much as they can and if it is possible and for this reason, when Archcanon Listen-to-Waters emerged, he ordered, that the temporal Non-agression agreement, between the 2 races will be kept to the day, until it ends by time itself.

When the opportunity came and the agreement became null by the great power of Time, the forces of Blackmarsh emerged from their hidings and launched their new attack to secure future expansions for the argonians and to play out their parts of the agreement. Guided by the Hist itself, the Archcanon was sure, they are walking the path necessary to ensure their freedom and survival. Only time will tell how things will unfold in the future.

Captured Borderwatch, some agent kills and one naval battle:
    https://imgur.com/a/EFQIvdD
    Last edited by General Dragon.; December 28, 2021 at 03:13 PM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Gaming Emeritus

Well, I suppose that this is exactly what we discussed that we wanted to avoid in the future of the HS just came true...

Anyways, nice work Dragon attacking me the moment our NAP ends... (kinda my fault I didnt check when it ends and didnt try to extend it...) Elsweyr's days are very likely numbered, though they can still give a pretty good fight.

Meanwhile, Mergor has been just sitting there and doing nothing with massive armies (eventhough he probably could have stormed me like 10 turns ago, but he has been super cautious...), just draining my economy with that trapped army on a ship of mine, and waiting for other factions to make some kind of an opening for him, thats safe enough... gawd I hope I can at least crush some of your armies before Elsweyr falls

Hlaalu up https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Hlaalu_59.sav Took back the fort https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...01113326_1.jpg
    Last edited by Jadli; January 01, 2022 at 05:44 AM.

So much for a playing factions separately and in lore friendly way. I hope in the future playing into the faction rules will be really restricted by admin(s), because the way it is now, it doesn't work at all.

Veiled Heritance

- They believe in the racial superiority of the mer over other races, thus they will not accept any deal with other race (unless enforced by the other race), if it puts such race into equal position towards the mer - alliances with other races, being in a realm where the mer would be equal to other race (example: High King of the Altmer makes a joint kingdom/alliance with the bosmer)