View Poll Results: Reloading for the best mission (reward)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing against it (as unfortunately, some factions wouldnt be alive without it at this point, for example Heritance, so its extremely rooted in the current situation))

3 33.33%
  • You cannot move units generated from missions for a turn /se

5 55.56%
  • Units received from a mission may not be used in a battle the turn that they are received

2 22.22%
  • You must disband all units that you receive from missions.

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580 ... LastLast

Thread: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] Black Drake

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] Black Drake

Last edited by paladinbob123; May 30, 2020 at 06:26 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Extension, will be doing my turn in the evening.

After a lot of delay (which is my own fault actually) I got my two special characters for destroying Dagoth and forming the Pact. (Which was before the rebellion, page 20, so it counts)
    The characters are the following:
    - Tanval Indoril - Can build one more fort in a region he is present in (assuming he is garrisoned in one of these forts).
    - Dreyns Aretan - A spy (starting the turn in his army) can open gates without restrictions.

OP was edited.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Was the spy starting his turn in Dreyns Aretan army?

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

I think it is the spy's name 'Dreyns Aretan'. And I believe the spy should start in the army which launches the siege. Am I correct?

Gaming Emeritus

No, special characters can be only generals.

A spy that would start in Dreyn Aretan's army would be able to open the gates indeed, but we havent seen it and it confused me we see Tanval Indoril taking the settlement instead, so was just curious whether Merg didnt mix the characters..

I think one should always show pics to prove special ability, as it can be a pretty big thing

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

I still believe he is the spy.

I mean, I dont start with a spy that is also a general, so getting this special character is impossible unless it can be given to a spy, which was done, and indeed, that is the spy. He also started in an army which used its units to take the fort, so all legal.

edit: You might mean that any spy starting in the special character's army would have no restrictions, but that is just bonkers OP (since I have multiple spies I could put into that army) and I am sure Hlaalu wouldn't like it. At this current turn however, whatever interpretation I use, it wouldn't make a difference anyway. You ought to make this more understandable tho.
    Last edited by Mergor; June 04, 2020 at 05:54 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by zender9 View Post

I still believe he is the spy.
    Ah, Im blind. Then the special ability is misplaced

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    I mean, I dont start with a spy that is also a general, so getting this special character is impossible unless it can be given to a spy, which was done, and indeed, that is the spy. He also started in an army which used its units to take the fort, so all legal.

edit: You might mean that any spy starting in the special character's army would have no restrictions, but that is just bonkers OP (since I have multiple spies I could put into that army) and I am sure Hlaalu wouldn't like it. At this current turn however, whatever interpretation I use, it wouldn't make a difference anyway. You ought to make this more understandable tho.
    Not sure what you mean. But I assume the word "character" in the rules could have been replaced with "general" to make it clearer.

The Rules are definitely designed that special characters can be only generals. How did you even pick this character? It should work that way you first select characters and the admin randomly gives them one of the abilities, so I assume it must have worked the other way in this case, as most special abilities are not compatible with a spy .

That its supposed to be random also kinda helps make it less OP, as you cant effectively give it to "right" characters. The way you did it you were also kinda able to eploit it, as you gave the special ability to such characters that would help you the most, such as the spy in proximity to a fort you likely knew you could take, while you shouldnt have known which ability it would be, and thus shouldnt have been able to to pick a character based on such advantage.

Anyways, I think the wording
    "A spy (starting the turn in his army) can open gates without restrictions. " is pretty clear on, that the holder of the ability is a general (as no other type of character can have an army) and "spy" is a spy, not possibly spies, so that is clear I think as well. But the descriptions can be made clearer if you dont deem them so...

(BTW, its also a disadvantage for the character to be a spy, as they could assassinate him)

Imho, and I think we should have a rule, that when you get a special character, you cant use the ability in the following turn or something, so people can inclue that in their plans. The Fact that you got the ability just before your turn and immediately used it doesnt feel fair.

And also, this whole Ebonheart Pact situation is a bit chaotic. Firstly, not only you, but all members forging the pact should have got a special character at the time of its formation, but not a single one of you cared to apply till now (Except you now, as you suddenly needed one
    ). But the pact is perhaps somewhat "dissolved" now? I suppose admin should decide, whether the the pact still exists, since half of the members left it, and thus, whether the "rebels" still have a claim for their new special characters as well, or it is forfeit due to rebellion. And if they hypothetically chose a special character during the Pact formation, whether they would be able to keep it despite their rebellion? And I suppose whether that applies to all of you, not just rebels, if the (old) pact is considered extint
    Last edited by Jadli; June 04, 2020 at 08:03 AM.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

The HS is on hold to sort out all the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Ah, Im blind. Then the special ability is misplaced

Not sure what you mean. But I assume the word "character" in the rules could have been replaced with "general" to make it clearer.

The Rules are definitely designed that special characters can be only generals. How did you even pick this character? It should work that way you first select characters and the admin randomly gives them one of the abilities, so I assume it must have worked the other way in this case, as most special abilities are not compatible with a spy .

That its supposed to be random also kinda helps make it less OP, as you cant effectively give it to "right" characters. The way you did it you were also kinda able to eploit it, as you gave the special ability to such characters that would help you the most, such as the spy in proximity to a fort you likely knew you could take, while you shouldnt have known which ability it would be, and thus shouldnt have been able to to pick a character based on such advantage.

Anyways, I think the wording
    "A spy (starting the turn in his army) can open gates without restrictions. " is pretty clear on, that the holder of the ability is a general (as no other type of character can have an army) and "spy" is a spy, not possibly spies, so that is clear I think as well. But the descriptions can be made clearer if you dont deem them so...

(BTW, its also a disadvantage for the character to be a spy, as they could assassinate him)

Imho, and I think we should have a rule, that when you get a special character, you cant use the ability in the following turn or something, so people can inclue that in their plans. The Fact that you got the ability just before your turn and immediately used it doesnt feel fair.

And also, this whole Ebonheart Pact situation is a bit chaotic. Firstly, not only you, but all members forging the pact should have got a special character at the time of its formation, but not a single one of you cared to apply till now (Except you now, as you suddenly needed one
    ). But the pact is perhaps somewhat "dissolved" now? I suppose admin should decide, whether the the pact still exists, since half of the members left it, and thus, whether the "rebels" still have a claim for their new special characters as well, or it is forfeit due to rebellion. And if they hypothetically chose a special character during the Pact formation, whether they would be able to keep it despite their rebellion? And I suppose whether that applies to all of you, not just rebels, if the (old) pact is considered extint

Agree with every single word there.

To my defense, I was doing everything according to what I knew, so this is just general confusion, and I did not intend for chaos to ensue Especially, that I did chose characters before my turn, so I did not do it in the knowledge that I could exploit Hlaalu's defense. It should have been announced but confusion ensued again, and so basically I am sorting it out with the admin right now.

Also, the pact is alive and well, and the announcment is still around page 20. No such thing as half the members leaving, since when I made the pact, they were my vassals RP wise, so they are not full members. Full members currently are skyrim( pbob) and blackmarsh (Dragon) and they are all in.
    Last edited by Mergor; June 04, 2020 at 12:08 PM.

Turn redone: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...BM_33_Corr.sav

Edited OP for new special characters. I couldn't use them this turn, so that Hlaalu stack is undeleted, assassin pics still same

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Alright, so we've cleared up the confusion I think
    A few points to address:
    I would like to apologize to everyone for screwing up with special characters, everything should be smooth in that regard from now on. You should always receive them on your generals. Also after I randomized them for Mergor, I allowed to appoint them on his own as I forgot the sequence and thought I did same thing with others previously. That was another mistake of mine and I would allow others to appoint their special character to generals of their choice so that it was fair.
    And I agree that we should introduce a new rule that disallows them to be used on the same turn so that the game remained transparent and predictable.
    Think Mergor cleared up the Pact part too. If there are no other issues, so we should be good to continue. Don't hesitate to hit me up with any concern, just in personal messages as I don't have much time to follow the thread. Thank you for readimg this and let's play on.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Also, the pact is alive and well, and the announcment is still around page 20. No such thing as half the members leaving, since when I made the pact, they were my vassals RP wise, so they are not full members. Full members currently are skyrim( pbob) and blackmarsh (Dragon) and they are all in.
    Hm, interesting point of view. Well, I would argue that they were/have been part of the Pact as well. Their lands were your lands, thus they were part of it, and they had to follow the agreement with nords and argonians. Lorewise, (samely as you did) Telvanni moreless became independent because they refused to take part in the Pact, while all other houses remained under Tribunal's law and were part of the Pact.

I suppose that since they are rebelling against The Pact/you now, it doesnt matter anymore, just saying . And if they wanted to have new special characters, they should have sorted it out before, when they still were part of the Pact anyways.

Anyways, Eastern Skyrim and Blackmarsh still has unused claim for a new special character afaik

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Anequina up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/uvlcvw
    Argonians retook Thorn:
    https://imgur.com/sAcWXxl

Sharnhelm captured Dvinnen and destroying Daggerfall once and for all:
    https://imgur.com/9caEbN8

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Sorry for the long delay.

Took both Skingrad and Arentia from the Colovians and defeated 2 of their armies.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1khjbSC6RbO_lX3UU0wbBxSvgWXTyxtcJ/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s1_mDeSpfJX-EkZA9YaPhmIru9a1QGzT/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZvqzQUtE9ivBj4Fg6scO-t18gZDH-8nE/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wpdPONmH7pBv84MYgzpd_XWOlXR7WNaS/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRprgh9fTuOpTiu40vatHZNFFLOXRje4/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rSIDmpXHlvzhNq4PVDVLpPGw_XCpV47-/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EOeLWENGL-6RuTL7zHlpBxzuvuCWTHUw/view?usp=sharing

Valenwood: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CelqfbVK5uNId9wPpJ4wcg9hymf9mq4z/view?usp=sharing

Another backstab. Like wtf, is there even point in making diplomacy in that community :/

Moreover taking stone walls with balista is not allowed.
    Last edited by Potatoto; June 13, 2020 at 10:11 AM.

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

I did break that rule, I also forgot Jadli and I agreed to the NAP. xD

I'll replay my turn.

Also Potato, don't take my memory slip as an intentional act of betrayal.

Edit: I should have known something was off when you left a full stack in the open in reach of 3 of my own stacks.

new save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rlWMa148cf633HyqRWLnFOrReccykfJ1/view?usp=sharing
    Last edited by HouseStarkFTW; June 13, 2020 at 10:35 AM.