View Poll Results: Reloading for the best mission (reward)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing against it (as unfortunately, some factions wouldnt be alive without it at this point, for example Heritance, so its extremely rooted in the current situation))

3 33.33%
  • You cannot move units generated from missions for a turn /se

5 55.56%
  • Units received from a mission may not be used in a battle the turn that they are received

2 22.22%
  • You must disband all units that you receive from missions.

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1944596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1826

Thread: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] Black Drake

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] Black Drake

BTW, is it allowed to intentionally let settlements rebel so that you can sack it again? Afaik, Mergor has done that several times, currently in Dunkori Walk, when he simply left it empty, standing next to it with a full stack, waiting for it to rebel again...?

Even when the purpose is to lower the unrest by conquering it again (so not having to leave that many units inside afterwards) and not getting more money, I dont think this is/should be allowed?

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Damn Jadli, you must be incredibely salty if you think that I did that so I could sack it again, and that I done it already (why didn't I do it with Torval, then?). I simply didn't want to garrisson it, because holding it costs me too much.

It's hard to handle a city that just keeps rebelling and fighting your troops losing soldier count that the population keeps fighting you. I'd leave it too if it having troops doesnt rectify this. Even with a full stack garrisoned. Getting priests and a church there takes awhile and they would have rebelled anyway. That's my thought anyways

Gaming Emeritus

Well, If an army cant stop it from rebelling, then you obviously cant do much else... but such a small settlement could have been fine with a few units for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Damn Jadli, you must be incredibely salty if you think that I did that so I could sack it again, and that I done it already (why didn't I do it with Torval, then?). I simply didn't want to garrisson it, because holding it costs me too much.
    No, I said you likely did it to reduce unrest . That settlement isnt worth much either way...

So you mean you are just gonna leave the region entirely? Well, I suppose then its fine...

About previous cases... well we both know you kept letting Brackenleaf rebel numerous times, though that has been for another reason, to continously receive missions to take it... but welp, thats another story

While it was nice letting Brackenleaf rebel and getting a mission on it, I actually let it rebel because it gave me negative 200 income. So I actually had to pay up to keep it. But then I always got a mission on it and had to take it back

Save will be uploaded tomorrow

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I will most likely will need an extension for this turn.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Gaming Emeritus

Anequina up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/n3uebk

Borderwatch was taken, as Blackmarsh: https://imgur.com/a/C8K6F4h

As Sharnhelm a decision had to be made now, that a Pact was forged on the east again:
    King Ranser biding his time, ever since to get back at the bretons of Wayrest and for their arrogance, decided the time has come.
    Even the last time, where it was supposed to be a "appeasement", so Sharnhelm gets a better share of the fallen daggerfall lands, Ranser got insulted, that in order to get territory, he had to give up another, essentially not making any difference, while the Wayrest continued to sit on the rich lands, like a fat spider. Even after all the successes, regarding involving Skyrim within the covenant and the empire losing their heartlands Wayrest still decided, that all the glory and wealthy parts of the lands should go to him. The High King is while "made" arrangements to let the Orcs receive their supposed homelands back, I still don't see all of such territories given back to them, while he sits on the all the lands, that gives him all the wealth. He could have given markarth to the orcs, as a fine gift, but no. All that wealth is needed for this fat spider.
    With Wayrest now waging war on far away lands, Ranser decided, the time is right to claim himself, as High King and get back at everyone, that wronged him, ever since the Black Drake was defeated and the former Daggerfall was let to sack one of our ancestral homeland, for the rest of the Covenant alliance was "busy" elsewhere conquering the rich homelands of Daggerfall for themselves. Sharnhelm got no help rebuilding Ranser will see to it, to get his payment now.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Gaming Emeritus

Come on man, you cant be serious about this

This is the exact opposite of playing your factions indepently. Obviously, you found out that you would have to give up Sharnhelm due to joining Ebonheart Pact with your other faction, Blackmarsh... and so suddenly you decide to rebel with Sharnhelm, so that you can keep playing the faction. (And for the record, there has been peace for many turns, and Sharnhelm has been doing very well for themselves in Skyrim). And of course not even talking about, that Sharnhelm rebellion (that cant succeed anyway) is direct help to Ebonheart Pact, and hence your other faction.

Thats an absolute no from me

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post

This is the exact opposite of playing your factions indepently. Obviously, you found out that you would have to give up Sharnhelm due to joining Ebonheart Pact with your other faction, Blackmarsh... and so suddenly you decide to rebel with Sharnhelm, so that you can keep playing the faction.
    Contrary to your beliefs, this was planned by me ages ago. The reason percival's skyrim joined the covenant at all without bloodshed, was only because I told him I will rebel againts Wayrest at one point and he agreed to it, so we would rebel together, when the time comes. In order for this he even give up territories for your "unreasonable" demands in the end. The fact, that it happened this way wasn't planned at all. Isenbard's sudden decision to switch factions and bringing back the Pact in this very turn, forced me to reveal this plan of mine, so that I leave the Covenant and be part of the Pact. If it were up to me, this would have happened very differently, but I was forced. If isenbard would have asked me before doing his thing, you bet it would be very different and would have happened, before blackmarsh joins any new Pact.

(And for the record, there has been peace for many turns, and Sharnhelm has been doing very well for themselves in Skyrim). And of course not even talking about, that Sharnhelm rebellion (that cant succeed anyway) is direct help to Ebonheart Pact, and hence your other faction.
    Having peace for x turns is irrelevant, when Ranser, as long as he is alive, has all the reason he can rebel, not even saying, that I could use the "orcs" card also. As for doing very well, that's just shows you are completely oblivious to your own doings. I took like 2 settlements from the other skyrim factions, while you decided to just "demand" markarth for, just that to "humiliate" percival's skyrim more and of course get the sweet income of it. Of course if I would have asked for it, but I am pretty sure you would have figured something, so that you can turn me down, just like you did back then regarding daggerfall. You took over their core, rich lands, while Sharnhelm suffered more and had to deal with that alone. I asked for an extra land and you says, sure, but I had to give up Alcaire castle for your "lore" reasons, making me essentially getting nothing. The only reason I accepted it, because turning it down would have been a suicide, given you were holding main forces back at your homeland.

And of course not even talking about, that Sharnhelm rebellion (that cant succeed anyway) is direct help to Ebonheart Pact, and hence your other faction.
    It might not succeed, as I said, Isenbard independent action threw a wrench in my plan, but I have to roll with it now. However I see no reason to give you under your control another faction, just that you can secure yourself, when Sharnhelm has it's own reasons to rebel any time still. You saying I directly helping my other faction, you are doing the same, by attacking the Altmers, even the wrong one by your own reasoning. You named your goal to free Summerset of Thalmor influence and that the other altmer faction should get back to power, but yet so far you only attacked High Kingdom territories instead of the Thalmor ones. Sure this is nitpicking, but still diplomaticly this is a missfire and once again you also directly helping the Khajits to survive, by attacking the Altmers, as agressors, when they didn't even do anything to the Covenant.
    At this point I am pretty sure, we can just drop this "do independant" actions and don't help your other factions, as it is almost impossible now to keep to that, especially if you are playing with the mindset you want to win the hotseat. Wayrest is too large to ignore anymore and attacking the altmers is a move, to settle for a win by you, which helps the Khajits aswell. With this in I don't see why you should get a faction for free, just to get more "advantages" with your giga wayrest.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, if you were truly planning this with Percival (skyrim) for a long time, I assume this becomes more acceptable (can you confirm this Percival please?)... of course, you apparently missed this most essential piece of information in your post/RP
    Though, as you admit, the decision to do it in this very moment is obviously very much affected by your other faction's diplomacy/actions (Blackmarsh joining the Pact), and hence not very independent...

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

So Jadli, would you rather not know about this and accept that Dragon keeps playing Sharnhelm?

This only happened now because you would have demanded Dragon to leave Sharnhelm, as you already did. The decision being independent or not is irrelevant

Dragon came to me with the plan to rebel as soon as I joined the campaign, essentially. A couple turns after maybe. But, yes I was planning to just prepare for war or attempt to stall until Dragon had said to allow it for the time being. Before Isengards swap we were planning our turn against the High Rock and this only set me and Dragon to start a few turns sooner

Gaming Emeritus

well, then I guess this is somewhat acceptable...

I will agree you really didn't have a "good" motive to attack Summerset. The only thing that was a possible diplomatic issue was High Kingdom owning Anvil. Not a real means for war. And releasing Altmer from Thalmor rule doesn't make since when you attack High Kingdom either. Plus it's still unfair that you assist your own secondary faction in this manner. Lorewise still, at this very current stage you had no relatively good relatively good reason to attack High Kingdom or even the Thalmor and essentially went against the rules to help your second faction. But I'm not one to complain. I just play with the cards I've been dealt.

Edit: Also, even though Blackmarsh is Dragons other faction. Blackmarsh is not technically being helped by Sharnhelm directly. Both factions being leagues away from the other. Sharnhelm is more helping Skyrim gain their independence from another ruler who lays unjustified claims to Nord territory
    Last edited by PercivallKorrupt; May 19, 2022 at 07:11 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Last edited by Jadli; May 21, 2022 at 07:57 AM.

I need an extension here

Summerset up: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...mmerset_67.sav

Captured a Telvanni town and sunk some ships: https://imgur.com/a/peOGxb4