View Poll Results: Reloading for the best mission (reward)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing against it (as unfortunately, some factions wouldnt be alive without it at this point, for example Heritance, so its extremely rooted in the current situation))

3 33.33%
  • You cannot move units generated from missions for a turn /se

5 55.56%
  • Units received from a mission may not be used in a battle the turn that they are received

2 22.22%
  • You must disband all units that you receive from missions.

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] Black Drake

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] Black Drake

As with every rule break, admin looks into it only when somebody questions a move. Which implies the other side would report it if they could tell a BS happened, like when it retreat across half of skyrim (in that case, you also see the battles, etc...), so cropping images doesnt necessarily hide this. Generally, you can guess where a unit is supposed to retreat to.

Simply, its an exploit, dont delibarately use it. Same as with lot of other exploits, it may be sometimes unclear, thus its partially dependent on your honor and admin interpretation. You could come up with some arbitrary number threshold like you propose for many other exploits, but thats not really the right philosophy Im afraid (what you initially proposed also mostly allowed the exploit lol).

Admins decide disputed or unclear moves, not some arbitrary thresholds (as naturally, the thresholds wouldnt be applicable to lot of cases). Lets not overcomplicate this, as you say. Otherwise we can spend several more pages arguing about how to regulate things that are difficult to regulate based on some arbitrary numbers. I think it would be better for that to happen in other thread, if you want. I think right now we need to work towards moving this HS towards actually being finished sooner than I die.

BTW, last important thing.

Lets not confuse together rules and lists of exploits.

Rules generally tell you what to do, or how to do somth, etc, specific examples for specific cases.

Whereas, the list of exploits generally simply lists the moves that are considered exploits. These lists generally dont tell you exactly what to do in such instances, or how to adress it or how to avoid it, cause its sometimes very difficult to pinpoint specific instances, or regulate it, etc. I believe what we are discussing is simply adding this move to (your) list of exploits. (and then when someone uses it, it comes to things I wrote above, admin decides.)

And If you want a predictability, just ask admin before doing the move...
    Last edited by Jadli; January 08, 2023 at 06:37 AM.