Thread: Article: Total War: Warhammer II Review

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Article: Total War: Warhammer II Review

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: Total War: Warhammer II Review

We very much thank Mhaedros for joining us as a guest writer with his review of Warhammer II; me not being a fan of the serie I must say he almost covinced me to try it, if the review could only be a bit more .. lovely..

Jokes aside, please feel free to rep him (by using the small green button on the bottom of the page) if you liked his review as I did. Him being the Director of the Gamer's Gazette and a professional slacker, he knows for certain what he's writing about! He's just so .. lovely

If you want to read the review of Warhammer I, just follow this link
    Last edited by Flinn; January 04, 2018 at 07:37 AM.

Well done review .I really liked it .The funny captions under each picture are like a cherry on top of the cake .

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

good job mhraedros

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Great review, Mhaedros, with an excellent and in-depth introduction to the different factions and their mechanics. I enjoyed the images and the humorous lines, too! The rituals mechanic sounds like a good way to add interest and challenge to the mid-to-late campaign.

The image showing the Black Ark - and the campaign map, including seas - made me wonder about the representation of sea warfare in Warhammer II. (I don't have a computer powerful enough to play the game, unfortunately, so I can't simply start a campaign and find out.) I get the impression that naval warfare exists in Warhammer games and that it's auto-resolved, is that right?
    Last edited by Alwyn; January 06, 2018 at 06:22 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Fantastic work, hopefully you'll do something similar for Tomb Kings when they come soon

Great review,i have not bought the game yet as i just could not really get into the first,i tried but it just did not grab me.I have an interest in the warhammer world due to the fact i enjoy reading the books but not playing the tabletop,the tabletop did not grab me either although i tried a couple of times with a cousin who loves to play and paint the figures.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Very nice review.
    I guess I'll have to start a campaign at some point. Haven't touched the new extended map yet.

Thanks. It somehow had slipped my mind that this game came out. Now I must obtain it!

Any idea if it supports Mods? I've been on a mod kick ever since I started using ModDrop and Warhammer seems like the perfect thing.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: Total War: Warhammer II Review

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgrider View Post
    Thanks. It somehow had slipped my mind that this game came out. Now I must obtain it!

Any idea if it supports Mods? I've been on a mod kick ever since I started using ModDrop and Warhammer seems like the perfect thing.
    The Steam Workshop is filled to the brim with all kinds of mods; The only potential issue is that mods have to be made compatible with every DLC and update, but the game launcher is actually surprisingly good at figuring out out-of-date mods, and which should work with the current version of the game!

There's all kinds of things, like visual improvements, new units and improved mechanics.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.