Thread: Wood Elf Factions AI not working properly in Mortal Empires?

Icon5 Wood Elf Factions AI not working properly in Mortal Empires?

I liked playing Wood Elves in TWW 1 but in TWW 2 Mortal Empires i am having two issues with the WE Faction AIs when i am also playing as Orion or Durthu:

1. Even with a Military Alliance the WE AI factions often won't actually send an army to attack a target i set for them.
    Even if the target is inside their sacred Athel Loren forest the wood elves AI factions often won't obey an attack target army order.
    Sometimes they do but most often they will just sit AFK in their capitals ignoring the military alliance attack orders.

2. Wood Elf AI factions will flat out ignore any faction that enters their sacred Athel Loren, and will even let them raze or occupy the Oak of Ages!
    This is the most lore breaking and absurd AI behavior i have seen in TWW 2 Mortal Empries.
    Not only will the WElf AI factions not react to anyone tresspassing in Athel Loren but they will be completely inactive even if a beastman or dwarf army is spending MULTIPLE turns sieging the Oak of Ages!

Both issues make the wood elf AI factions borderline useless...
    I have no mods that affect the AI or anything gameplay related, so the mods are not to blame.
    Developers please fix these two issues, they are really ruining the WE playable race experience in Mortal Empries.

Default Re: Wood Elf Factions AI not working properly in Mortal Empires?

Does anyone know where i can submit some info about these issues to the devs?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdanov89 View Post
    Does anyone know where i can submit some info about these issues to the devs?
    Official forum support section.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Its possibly due to CA tweaking them to make them less aggressive. In Warhammer 1 they would attack everyone in all directions at once and occupy half the map by turn 50 in nearly every campaign.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

And another question is, did you start new campaign after last patch/update/beta? Sometimes, CA´s changes are not properly propagated into ongoing campaigns....resulting in different strange behavior of AI etc.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    And another question is, did you start new campaign after last patch/update/beta? Sometimes, CA´s changes are not properly propagated into ongoing campaigns....resulting in different strange behavior of AI etc.
    I can confirm this happened to me in Warhammer 1, definitely something to consider.

I started a new campaign in mortal empires on January 10th 2018, still the same issues.

Well hopefully CA fixes some of these in the upcoming patch or two...