Thread: Pontus - Imperator Augustus

Default Pontus - Imperator Augustus

How difficult would it be to change Pontus to a Hellenic faction on the IA campaign? I wanted to play a Pontic campaign against an existing but fractured Roman empire.
    The faction has eastern buildings and names, and the starting generals have no voice.
    I'm sure it could be argued that Pontus was an Eastern culture in essence (the Mithridatic dynasty used propaganda on their subjects), it was ruled in a Hellenistic style, and the royals tended to portray themselves as Hellenic in foreign affairs (especially when meddling in Greece).
    Last edited by NeptuneUK; January 03, 2018 at 04:51 AM.

Default Re: Pontus - Imperator Augustus

The main reason is that there really aren't any hellenic cultures in the IA campaign. But also by that time Pontus wasn't what we normally think of them at their height.

To change it you would have to do quite a bit - change the culture in the startpos, change their buildings in the startpos, change their subculture in the factions table, etc

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Pontus - Imperator Augustus

Egypt is helennic. I think you'd better have eastern culture though - to make friends with Parthia