Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TGW in the Immediate and Long-Term Future

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default TGW in the Immediate and Long-Term Future

Hey guys,

The mod has been in a state of deep hibernation for a long time. There's 1-3 of us slowly deliberating on how to release what we currently have so that the additions and fixes can finally be accessed by the public. Most of us have moved on to other pursuits, I've nearly graduated from university and will be busy with my career in the long run, so there's some difficulty in trying to construct a patch notes list and condensing everything we have into one releasable package.

At the moment we have some very major texture and model updates, some bug fixes (though I wasn't involved in these so can't be precise with regards to what and how much was fixed), and some general tweaks here and there that were intended for implementation in 5.2. I'm going to try to assemble as many of us as possible over the coming weeks for a run-down of who can and wants to do what, and then maybe we can also give a definitive outlook on the future of the mod post-5.2.

If everything goes to plan, we might be able to launch the next patch by mid-late march. If I fail to get in contact with most or all of the responsible team members, it could be difficult from a mod ownership standpoint to push ahead with a release on my own, but I'll do my best to see to it that we don't sit on unnecessarily locked-up files that no one will ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Default Re: TGW in the Immediate and Long-Term Future

Very nice. It's nice to finally hear a development about mod .
    Last edited by Kingartist21; January 04, 2018 at 03:00 PM.

Wow, great news !

Eagerly awaiting it.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Excellent news, I hope everything works out.

My kudos to all of you for trying to rally and have a new release. Good luck!

I'm Hoping that your plan of TGW mod will succed. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by rm978 View Post
    I'm Hoping that your plan of TGW mod will succed. Good luck!
    revival*

I am your mod fans of China, thanks for your work! I am so happy to see this good news.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! We actually managed much better than expected and there’s loads of stuff going on now. We’re probably looking at a 1-2 month delay to the above schedule but it’s coming along.

The most work-intense area is textures, there’s a lot that needs updating and refinement to conform to new standards that have been set after 5.1. Additionally there are a few items (mostly Russian equipment) that still need finishing. Also, there’s a tricky sound bug that’s not behaving as expected, so until that is fixed we don’t really want to push a release.

I want to communicate here at least once a week to keep you updated, since I think that’s been lacking lately. Again, thank you for your support and things are looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

beautiful news Aanker thank you very much

Just amazing

Would one of the fixes be making tanks recruit able by everyone, or is that for historical reasons?
    Other than that, I can’t wait, I loved this mod, and I wish to love it again.

Patrician

Who is unable to recruit tanks? Like minor nations?

Yeah, is that how its supposed to be?

Patrician

Im asking which factions cant actually.

As far as I know as long as you can do the research and build the correct buildings everyone should be able to get tanks. Some factions will take alot longer to get ot that point if they get there at all so that may be the issue.

Hey i hate to seem needy but I was hoping that you could let light infantry use mines, like in the base game. It would make them a bit more useful and also add to the theme as World War One had many mines used. And is it possible for you to find a way to implement U-boats? They played a large role during the war and it would be amazing to see them here.

Patrician

We've frozen new features at this point as feature creep was causing the update to take longer than we wanted. Right now we're just finishing up what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostedZeek View Post
    Hey i hate to seem needy but I was hoping that you could let light infantry use mines, like in the base game. It would make them a bit more useful and also add to the theme as World War One had many mines used. And is it possible for you to find a way to implement U-boats? They played a large role during the war and it would be amazing to see them here.
    Plus I'm pretty sure I tried to implement submarines as seafaring agents, years ago. It didn't work, unfortunately.

So do you guys have an idea of when the update will be ready? Is it possible to know exactly what you have in store for us?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast