Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Kings v2.0 Preview & Features

Default Re: Rise of Kings v2.0 Preview & Features

i'm looking forward to this one guys -- the ME needed some new factions such as the Sultanate of Rum.. welll done

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    This is the mod I'm hanging on for! Could you give me an idea of the new units you'll be including
    Well I'm not sure on this yet. I'm in the process of revising my old unit list that I did previously. The "problem" I'm having is how I want to represent recruitment and units. And by units I mean, how I want to simulate the difference between Household knights and units, "normal" knights, and the peasantry. I want to have in represented accurately, but I'd like to do it as simply as possible.

Kushan
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

So I have few more things I have to do and the next beta will be done. After that all I have to do is the revised unit/recruitment system. Then the open beta should be ready to go if no major bugs are found. and after that it should just be minor tweaks before v2.0 full is ready.

I've also been thinking alot about what I want to accomplish with RoK. This will more then likely be the last version in its current form, that overhauls the main campaign. I have instead decided to do a number of more focused campaigns, like CA is doing with the kingdoms expansion and Lusted is doing with Lands to Conquer. I've decided to do this for a number of reasons, 1: There is already a number of mods that overhaul the main campaign...most of the them doing it alot better then I can do on my own (DLV and LTC), 2: It was always my goal to do these campaigns, modifying the main campaign was only meant to give me a base to work with.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Kushan

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi Kushan,

I unsterdand your decision to stop Rise of Kings because major mods in progress are so awesome that you can't do better.

However, I hope Rise of Kings 2.0 will be really good.

Personally, I think that you could later participate at a fantasy mod, like Otherworld (with Gundug and Ramtha), for example.
    Fantasy mod is a unexplored and very exciting way, isn't it ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
    So I have few more things I have to do and the next beta will be done. After that all I have to do is the revised unit/recruitment system. Then the open beta should be ready to go if no major bugs are found. and after that it should just be minor tweaks before v2.0 full is ready.

I've also been thinking alot about what I want to accomplish with RoK. This will more then likely be the last version in its current form, that overhauls the main campaign. I have instead decided to do a number of more focused campaigns, like CA is doing with the kingdoms expansion and Lusted is doing with Lands to Conquer. I've decided to do this for a number of reasons, 1: There is already a number of mods that overhaul the main campaign...most of the them doing it alot better then I can do on my own (DLV and LTC), 2: It was always my goal to do these campaigns, modifying the main campaign was only meant to give me a base to work with.

Kushan
    Do DLV or LTC come with new units? I'm still looking forwards to your mod. Are you including Burrek's Textures? If so, could you please upload a version without that, as I already have them and would rather save the d/l usage!

Thanks!

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Im going to be spending this weekend finishing the next build. I hope to have it out by Monday at the latest.

It should have everything but the new recruitment system.

This includes:
    Real Combat
    BBB with the AD titles
    UAI (Campaign and Battle AI)

If this build proves stable, with no major bugs, then I will release it for an open beta.

Kushan

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

So as I speak I am compiling the beta 2 installer. I'm going to test it out for the rest of the day and tomorrow afternoon. If no major bugs surface then I will release it for an open beta Monday (tomorrow) afternoon/evening.

Still to do:
    - Add new Turk faction
    - Add Burgundy
    - Add new Spanish faction
    - Remove Aztecs and make their provinces rebels
    - Implement new recruitment system and unit list

I may add a few more factions, but I probably wont use the full 32 like originally planned. I think for the map size it would make things a little to crowded, but I will still be splitting factions like the HRE, Turks, Spain, and maybe a few more that weren't unified during the time period.

Edit 1: I've ran into a number of traits/ancillary errors that keep causing a CTD as the game starts. I'm afraid I'm going to have to delay the beta for a few days while I go through the files line for line and fix the errors. I know whats causing the problem its just going to be a bit time consuming to fix.

Edit 2: Well it seems the biggest problem was with BBB. I think its fixed now, and implementing BBB done. All that should be left for this build is to add some traits from AD that are not in BBB.

Also, I think I have finally come up with how I want to implement the new recruitment system, although their still is some issues I want to think about before I announce it in detail.

Kushan
    Last edited by Kushan; July 01, 2007 at 08:48 PM.

Dogma75's Avatar Civis

Hi there

any idea of the publishing date yet Kushan?

Since patch 1.02 I am eagerly waiting for the new version of your mod.

Your new features sound very good...

Hopefully it will not take ages.

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

As soon as I get the traits issues fixed, the beta will be ready for release. Unfortunately BBB was never meant to work with AD, so I am having to replace almost ll of the starting traits in the desc_strat.

Kushan
    Last edited by Kushan; July 05, 2007 at 10:26 PM.

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Status Update:

I think I have most of the trait issues worked out. the build still has a bug that wont let you select character/units in a town or army. Once I get that figured out, the build should be ready for release.

Kushan

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi Kushan,

Thanks for your effort to release your mod.

I hope the beta public mod will be out before the end of july.

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

The current build has one, maybe two known bugs that are preventing release. As soon as I get they are fixed it will be ready.

Kushan

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

I haven't been able to solve the main bug that is delaying the build. To any other modders out there here is the LINK to my asking for help thread. If anyone has any ideas on what is causing this then please let me know. I am open to all suggestions, everything I have tried doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Kushan

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi Kushan,

I'll hope the community of modders will be reactive with this bug and will find a solution.

Good luck and thanks again for your great work.

I can't wait the release !!

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Finally,

I think I have finally solved the last major game breaking bug. Stupid me for not merging the historical_events.txt.

Release Schedule (Subject to change)

The beta testers will be receiving the build tomorrow afternoon. After a few days of testing, if no major bugs surface I will release this build as an open beta. IF a major game breaking bug does surface, I will get it fixed ASAP, and re release the build to the beta testers. Not all the planned feature are in this build. And there still are a few small minor bugs, such as titles appearing in the wrong city, but none of these should be game breaking.

Some more news. I think I have finally decided how the recruitment system will work. More details on that after the open beta release.

After the release I will be closing this thread and starting a new one.

Kushan

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Way to go, Kushan!
    Unfortunately, most probably I won't be able to play this great mod, as my system has some major (hardware) problems with Anno Domini's map (after ~20 turns, the game becomes extremely slow, one turn for all AI players takes 5+ minutes, and it increaes with the number of turns; I'm almos 100% sure my hardware is not satisfactory for AD), but it's good to see this one reaching release.
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; July 11, 2007 at 03:47 AM.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi Kushan,

Greeeat news !!!

The final countdown begins...

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

So...

The bug is back. I started up a campaign yesterday and the bug reappeared. I am going to be spending the next several days going through every file to make sure everything was merged correctly. Now I am getting a bit annoyed (my own fault though ). After I fix this bug for good, I will be skipping the "closed" beta and going strait to the open beta. I will do some tests on my own, running each faction for a a few turns to make sure everything is working ok.

Sorry guys. I really thought I had it fixed.

Kushan
    Last edited by Kushan; July 12, 2007 at 11:47 PM.

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Status Update:

Unfortunately, my attempts to isolate the bug that is causing the game to stop allowing turns. So I am going to try and do a complete rebuild of the mod build. I'm going to test the build after each merge to see if I can isolate the bug.

If anyone has any experience in modding either RTW or M2TW text files please send me a message. I could use some help.

Kushan

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Some good news.

In the process of doing the rebuild I found the bug that was causing all the problems. I should have the internal build finish tonight or tomorrow. Look for the beta release sometime next week (I promise).

I'm also "renaming" v2.0. Rise of Kings: the High Middle Ages. The new timespan will be from 1180ish to 1300/1350. It will utilize a 4turn per year script (wont be in the beta). I will be adding different campaigns during this time period (basically just different starting times), in the v2.0 patches. In subsequent versions (3.0 and above) will each have a different time period and campaigns.

Kushan