Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] A World Divided

Default [Stainless Steel 6.4] A World Divided

A World Divided

So lately I have been kinda busy with this project. It appears I am the only person left to host SS HotSeats. This is also the reason why I have declined admin positions/player spots lately.

I love using the full SS map but realised I couldnt possibly have all factions again so I shook things up a bit, this is not historically accurate. At this very moment I am adding needed troops to all factions so the descr.strat will be up today for people to check everything more accurately.

If you wish to join, please note down 3 factions you would prefer, if you are not as experienced, please include either England or Russia in your 3 choices. It is not first to come first to take. I expect all players to play their best. I will be taking this HS as serious as I can after my blunders in SSAF and TFK.

Players:
    -Saleska2
    -Ramble12
    -Themzr
    -Captainnorway
    -ArBo
    -RedStar
    -Kolu

Factions:
    England - Turned AI
    France - Destroyed
    Castille - Themzr
    TO - Turned AI
    Romans - Turned AI
    Russians - RedStar
    Fatimids - Turned AI

Factions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    England* - Strongest navy and a relatively safe position

France - Starts with a strong army and has a big fleet but its spread out, good economy but surrounded by alot of factions/possible enemies.

Castille - Their position isnt as safe at it seems, France, Byzantium, England and even Poland can threaten alot of your settlements. Strong Field armies, starts with a decent fleet but its spread out.

Poland - Hardest faction of em all. Few ports but starts with Venice and a strong economy. Surrounded by 4 factions, requires good diplomacy to be succesfull.

Byzantium - Their position may seem bad, but they easily start as the strongest faction, however they have some more troubles with religion and are bound to lose some settlements early on.

Novgorod* - Easiest faction of em all. Attacks can be seen from a mile away, Novgorodian generals get bonus MP. Limited expansion possibilities but very safe position.

Fatimids - Probably the second hardest faction, while they start with quite a strong fleet, Byzantium can eventually get a bigger fleet quite easily, risking Egypt. While they have alot of land its very spread out, sending reinforcements from 1 side to the other is extremely hard.

* = Can be played by lesser experienced player

Admin = King Athelstan
    Co-admin = Dragon

Rules(likely to have some minor changes)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rules
    If you wish to discuss rules please do keep playing unless it is a very important ruling which might result in a replay.

- Time to play your turn is 24h. The Admin may grant a 24h extension if needed ONLY If you ask for them. If you are late you will be skipped. After 24 hs with no response you will be skipped.You can come back and upload your turn but ONLY If the next player hasn't played his turn by then.It is adviced to get a subbed, this subber may be from both inside or outside the game. He can know your PW and plans so he can sub you if you cant make it.
    - No exploits/bugs allowed. F.e. movement bug, naval attack spam, merchant stack/fort, agent stomping, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, spies spreading plague.. etc
    - Exploiting AI factions is not allowed ( demanding money, regions or anything else to improve your position)
    - List of known bugs
    The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort or a settlements Zone of Control.
    Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    Heroic victory bug: No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.
    Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.

Military rules
    -No one turn peace(tho you cant attack factions that havent played their turn yet)
    - No Jihad or Crusades allowed.
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list.Armies standing in fortifications (fort/settlement) when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    - Heroic victories vs players aren't allowed.

- You are not allowed to post a defeat
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. No attacking ships in ports using a game bug. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port. Ports cant be blockaded by ground units
    - You are not allowed to construct watch towers. This is to prevent blocking the possible construction of forts.
    -Not allowed to besiege a settlement/fort to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    - Limit of 2 forts per region/per player, at least 4 units required to be stationed at each fort.
    - Each unit of siege equipment can be used just once in each turn to take settlement/fort.
    -catapults can assault only basic wooden walls/stone walls/castles,
    -trebuchets can also assault large/huge stone walls and fortresses/citadels.
    -Mangonels are not allowed to assault stone walls but are allowed to assault wooden walls.

Agent rules
    -Spies need 60% to infiltrate a settlement, 2 spies needed to open the gates
    - Limit of 3 assassins per faction. +1 Assassin for every 20 regions you control.

- Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members or generals. Assassins need at least 50% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins just 30% is required.
    - Princesses are not allowed to steal Family Members. They may steal general with 35%.
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required
    - Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn.

Settlement rules

-In order to Destroy any buildings you must have held control of the settlement for at least 3 turns.
    - You may not destroy a building if the settlement is under siege or an overwhelming enemy force is 1 turn away.
    - You are allowed to destroy Temples immediately.
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements.
    -You may not trade settlements with your other faction
    -Whenever a settlement is gifted, disband all but 1 unit.

Last edited by General Dragon.; January 09, 2020 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Typo

Default Re: A World Divided [Mostly experienced players]

TO Castille Russia
    Last edited by ScotlandIsBest; January 03, 2018 at 10:18 AM.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Romans England castille
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

hmm, if there's a lot of interest I don't wanna eat a spot but I'll throw my name in the hat.

England, Fatimid, Byz

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

This is probably going to very time consuming, though I like SS, so I'll just do like Cowcow.

Byzantines/Castile
    Last edited by Ramble12; January 01, 2018 at 04:13 PM.

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

This'll be interesting to watch does not seem like a hotseat for me although.

Alright I gotta touch this one its nagging at me ik I shouldn't as I might become busy with hotseating and school but it 1. france 2. byantines 3. fatmid or England
    Last edited by LordPureLegacy; January 01, 2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    This is probably going to very time consuming, though I like SS, so I'll just do like Cowcow.

1-2.England/1-2.Castile/3.Byz
    If you are very worried about the time I recommend Novgorod, while they are still big and it will still take quite a bit of time, they are far more forgiving in possible mistakes that one can make so spending less time on the turn is not as big of a deal as it would be with other factions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    This'll be interesting to watch does not seem like a hotseat for me although.

Alright I gotta touch this one its nagging at me ik I shouldn't as I might become busy with hotseating and school but it 1. france 2. byantines 3. fatmid
    Please include either England or Novgorod, the only scenario in which lesser experienced people get neither of those is when we really dont have enough people. However I havent even invited more than 3 people yet and they all replied.

The goal is to get only experienced people, having a faction get steamrolled by veterans is extremely unfair in this scenario, the only exception would be Russia because it takes years to take that. England is a bit more forgiving aswell as its an easy to play faction but hard to master.

Both Themzr and Ramble are automaticly in already, no other spots are guarenteed.

Here is a test save for Castille/England/France - https://drive.google.com/open?id=166...FJt43Idjqooq1C

Sadly I lost alot of files last night but I should be fine, Ill do 2 more factions today and the last 2 tomorrow and then start inviting. If you like to see any changes feel free to comment, this is not the final product!

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [HS] A World Divided [Mostly experienced players]

I'll take any faction

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I'm not joining any big HSs like this for now, but seems like you did a good job on the map Sal Looking forward to following how this one proceeds.

IMPORTANT MAP UPDATE:

Poland has been switched for TO for a better militairy.

Fatimids now control Athens/Corinth/Thessalonica/Arta to prevent a steamroll from the byzantines by simply making more ships. Byzantines and Fatimids now also have an actual reason to ally Spain/France/TO as they can actually make contact and help each other in wars. (Byzantines are still OP)

Current download with Spain/France/England and TO: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JI...DB3bhT7FeunJr4
    Last edited by saleska2; January 03, 2018 at 04:51 AM.

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Was the switch for military based due to being surrounded by factions? and since TO has a pretty good military it will give them more of an advantage to deal with being overwhelmed or such?.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Poland would most likely be unable to handle 2 factions attacking him and have trouble even in most 1v1's. TO is far better suited for this position, especially since they have some of the most cost efficient units, the #1 cost efficient unit included with Sword Brethren I believe.

Updating mine to TO, Castille, Russia

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

I'll throw my name in as well just for the Byzantines.

My apologies, due to illness and the sudden change I have been delayed quite a bit. Ill have it done either somewhere this evening or tomorrow morning.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Sal's legendary eloquence has convinced me to take a spot in this one. Only really interested in Castille and England, in that order, although I guess I'll take Fatimids if I have to.

Sorry guys, I was absent today, the file is basicly done, update tomorrow!

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Any update saleska?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

think this should wait until things have settled

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast