Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] BRAN MAC BORN'S CAMPAIGN AND BATTLE SETTINGS FOR MASTERS OF EUROPE

Default Re: [Submod] BRAN MAC BORN'S CAMPAIGN AND BATTLE SETTINGS FOR MASTERS OF EUROPE

ok thanks

Default Re: [Submod] BRAN MAC BORN'S CAMPAIGN AND BATTLE SETTINGS FOR MASTERS OF EUROPE

Bran can i increase number of mens per units in preference script or it could perturb some settings like ai behaviour,etc...?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

elinath- do not go higher than 1.8 for unit multiplier. I think 1.6 work very good.

thank you very much

Hey bran so your mod is very good with master of europe which is for me the best mod on napoleon total war!Thanks!
    just one question:which campaign difficulty do you recommend to play a challenge campaign with strong cai and which battle difficulty do you recommend to play battle with smart bai but without bai have "cheated" settings,bonus in accuracy,...in battle?
    i like to play challenge campaign but in battle i prefer when ai doesn't have much bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by elinath View Post
    Hey bran so your mod is very good with master of europe which is for me the best mod on napoleon total war!Thanks!
    just one question:which campaign difficulty do you recommend to play a challenge campaign with strong cai and which battle difficulty do you recommend to play battle with smart bai but without bai have "cheated" settings,bonus in accuracy,...in battle?
    i like to play challenge campaign but in battle i prefer when ai doesn't have much bonus.
    Try Hard/Hard. Keep in mind that AI gets bonuses on the Camp map to make the game harder for the player and also that depending on the difficulty level you choose determines how tenacious your enemy will be on the field of combat. for Ex..... France will field troops with higher morale, the higher the difficulty setting. This does not include the additional affects that the commanding general will have that you are fighting. If its napoleon you better bring a lot of troops because it should be pretty epic.

but yeah... if you want to keep it feeling like its "fair" than just go normal.

you want to go really hard camp go a small nation like Wuttemburg or even Hessen Kessel on Hard/Hard. its a rough start.

ok thank you

bran mac born How can i be sure that the mod is working? i installed the file in data and i put mod bran moe.....; in moe user script on the top of all mod.....; how can i see in the game?

Patrician

napoleon-more arggressiveness on the campaign map-countries invade. Battle on very hard you lose- hahahahahahaha

Ok so if i play very hard campaign normal battle is okay? i don't want battle ai have a lot of bonuses but i don't want that battle ai is too easy

Patrician

Yes that is fine.

Hey Bran, loyal fan here.

i play on Hard/hard settings so i expect enemy moral to always trump my own forces moral (even if im compare my veteran guard troops again mere armed citizens)
    i expect they are going to be brave and make a stand. however find that troops keep fighting way too long after being hit with a charge from the rear. i understand not routing right away ill give it to you. its just 95 % of these clowns are butchering my heavy cav when they are charging from the rear.

i notice the battles being wayy harder, ill give you that and the AI in using navies to invade (getting real tired of UK and Wellington)! so your mod works no doubt. my whole 2 cents is that they should be more sensitive to flanking maneuvers like they were before .

on a separate note i deleted the music pack files from MoE and still your music mod refuses to work properly when your fighting battles. works fine in camp maps. ive had your music mod work flawless before so I'm assuming i haven't found the issue.

once again thanks for all your work !

Patrician

UPDATE: Tweaked morale stronger penalties for flank and rear attacks, tweaked campaign AI expansion settings, region defense and development and diplomacy and turn income for factions so they will have a better chance of survival and regional development. save game compatible

Totalize's Avatar Libertus

Haven't played MOE in a while. Just coming back to it. I change the Unit multiplier upwards for bigger regiments and change armies to large or ultra and it keeps defaulting back to 1 for the multiplier in the preferences script file. Other than my inability to change the size of the units everything work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalize View Post
    Haven't played MOE in a while. Just coming back to it. I change the Unit multiplier upwards for bigger regiments and change armies to large or ultra and it keeps defaulting back to 1 for the multiplier in the preferences script file. Other than my inability to change the size of the units everything work great.
    sup, the reason that it keeps defaulting back to 1 for the multiplier in the preferences script file .....

its because YOU go and mess with the graphic specs of YOUR game under options. once you go into graphics the multiplier at that moment for whatever reason resets to 1.

i play at 2.25 battles are epic. you can really see in detail due to the lines of bodies, were we stood, fired and butchered each other meter by meter. my only wish is that i could have more than one 20 unit army on the field at once.
    not to mention battles take time to develop which is why i never go to battle unless i have more than one army coming to fight on my side! using this mod it gets bloody pretty fast. H/H!

Patrician

How to Make 40 unit armies:
    1.Save the game
    Call it something appropriate as once you've made one 40unit save for a faction you don't have the do it again if you save it as something seperate as the one which you use to save your campaign progress

2) Exit to Windows

3.) Open up ESF editor
    ESF editor allows you to edit saved games and is used by modders.
    I used this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=303205 which is version 1.4.5 though there are more up to date ones

4.) Open up your saved game(the one you named)from step one.

5.) Open it all up until you get 'Campaign_Model'
    Campaign save game -> Campaign_ENV -> Campaign_model

6.) Set the values "20 20" to "40 30"
    Thus it will look like
    The 40 means 40 land units in an army while 30 means 30 ships in a fleet. You can do what ever numbers you like

7.) Save the esf file and close.

8.) Start the game and in the menu go to load save game click open the new modded save file with the 40 units. Play the game.

9. Put this file into your Napoleon Total War data folder:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 13, 2018 at 02:30 AM.

it works but i cant fit all 40 units in the tab. so i cant see the other units past 20 . how do you get around that ?

Patrician

Imperial go back to post #36 download the file and unpack it into your Napoleon data folder-UI for 40 unit armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Imperial go back to post #36 download the file and unpack it into your Napoleon data folder-UI for 40 unit armies.

Ma man MAC!!! you just gave me a whole new flavor to this insane NTW experiance. like this mod was good(besides the SPanish not being Pro French in recruitmen) ... just needed a little sprinkle of something and you were it.

Hello Bran Mac Born! I would like to try the 40 units mod but I do not understand step #4. It says "open up your save game the one you named. What do you mean by this? Do you mean start the game again and load the save game? Or do you mean go into the scripts from the C drive? Or do you mean open up the save game from that ESF editor? Thank you in advance!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast