Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd question about replenishment

Default Odd question about replenishment

I had an army replenishing in one territory and I moved a second army into that territory to replenish it as well but it didnt so I figured it wouldnt happen until next turn and there was plenty of population. Then I transfered units from one to another and all of them were replenishing. How come it doesnt happen separately? Does it depend on a general unit being there before?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Default Re: Odd question about replenishment

Oh mate that can be a bugged
    I think what you said is why they didn’t replenish even that region have the population
    yes… you need to enter that city/town of that region to make the game properly replenished your army in that region that have population

Replenishment can be a bit messy, since it applies to the entire army not 1 unit in the game mechanics.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Is there a quick way to tell what population class a unit needs to be replenished while in an army? I don't always remember what type a unit needs. I looked at the unit card but didn't see it listed. Do you have to go back to where they were recruited originally and check with a general there?

Thanks.
    Last edited by AstroCat; December 25, 2017 at 08:05 PM.
    Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/950 Pro/970 EVO/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro/

Not currently. We may add that to the unit description screen in the future.

Thanks, I think it would be a nice convenience feature even if it was just in the expanded info when you right click the unit.
    Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/950 Pro/970 EVO/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro/

Yeah, there are a lot of things we can do with the new UI screen.

From experience, if your army was in a region that didn't allow it to replenish, like due to artrition, and move it into a region where it should be able to. The tooltip will say that it can't replenish during that turn, but most of the times, it will actually replenish after ending the turn.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Dresden, would it be possible to at least have some preliminary numbers as to how much pop you need for replenishment? Is it a simple formula of having a certain fraction of the original recruitment pop number or more complicated for armies? What do you roughly need to replenish 18-20 unit army?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

You need atleast 1/3rd of the requirement for each required population class I believe.

But I was asking something different which is how come you cant replenish but if you merge with an army that is replenishing then you can? mind-boggling
    Also replenishment should go hand to hand with a loss of rank depending on how many men you replenish per unit.
    Last edited by neoiq5719; December 26, 2017 at 07:52 AM.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

If that other army requires less of a population class that is lacking in numbers, it can replenish, so if 1 army needs class 1 and 2, but the other mostly requires 3 and 4 for example, the 2nd one might be able to replenish more quickly. And yeah the base game already has a mechanic that reduces a unit's veterancy with replenishment.

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    But I was asking something different which is how come you cant replenish but if you merge with an army that is replenishing then you can? mind-boggling
    Also replenishment should go hand to hand with a loss of rank depending on how many men you replenish per unit.
    I can't speak to your exact situation but just wanted to point out that sometimes the UI can be a bit wonky. An army might actually replenish even if it doesn't say it will. Sometimes you have to re-select it for the script to update or something, not sure. Just know that I've had armies that look like they won't replenish, except the troop count has gone up in the next turn.

Replenishment is actually really forgiving right now. The unit basically had to have something like 10% of the required population available. It may show that its not going to replenish, but it may actually replenish between turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Replenishment is actually really forgiving right now. The unit basically had to have something like 10% of the required population available. It may show that its not going to replenish, but it may actually replenish between turns.
    Yeah, i noticed that the game tends to think it replenishes if it did last turn, and show that it wont replenish next turn (even tho it will) if there was no replenishment last turn.

I think its because of when effect bundles are applied. Some get removed at the end of a turn and so the replenishment happens between turns.

Also you replenish more within the city walls. It should be the same in or out since it depends on population number, ain“t it?

No, it depends on both replenishment % and population number, the replenishment number does decide how much population number is substracted each turn though, so if you have 8 % replenishment it will substract 8 % population for each unit as as required.

You can get a bonus to replenishment from various sources including being garrisoned, buildings, seasons, etc. All population does is turn it on or off if there isn't enough people.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Not a reply to OP, but to some others here. Sometimes you need to unclick the unit, then click it again to refresh the UI to get updated info. Example, if it's an army that's losing men due to attrition, and you move it into a healthy region, you'll often need to click somewhere else, then click on the army again to display the proper information (that the army is no longer losing units).

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast