Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CATW 08

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: CATW 08

Starting the campaign brings me back to the provincial campaign menu hmmmm

Edit: nvm problem solved
    Last edited by Morrowgan; December 27, 2019 at 07:30 AM.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Thanks for release!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

In Game is Colchis and Caucasian Iberia ?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-and-pictures)

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

The are there as cities but don't have independent factions not specific units. Seeing your roster it would be nice to add them, especially given Pompey's campaign.
    However that's a long time windows refused the use of traditional modding tools like the unpacker or the TGA/DDS conversion. So i'm stuck with three years old units unfortunately.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Downloading now.
    Does it come with the 140 Historical Battles?
    Also, is there a 140 Historical Battles mod/patch for vanilla RTW?
    And, if not, what is the most comprehensive Historical Battles mod for vanilla RTW?

Hello Poita, thanks, i already answered you following your message, but here it goes public. The 140 battles were made originally for CATW05, they are i CATW08 too but since units are diverging greatly expect surprises and crashes. For Vanilla, i have no idea. Perhaps you should propose a pack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...

After all this time i just want to say i'll never got back to this mod. It's officially closed. With more recent versions of graphic cards, CPU, windows, the game is now too unstable to be played long run.
    So that's it, official closure (and of modding for me, definitely). That was great to be part of the community.

Laetus

is this mode active? Is there a link?

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    After all this time i just want to say i'll never got back to this mod. It's officially closed. With more recent versions of graphic cards, CPU, windows, the game is now too unstable to be played long run.
    So that's it, official closure (and of modding for me, definitely). That was great to be part of the community.
    So sad to hear that. This mod is something Rome TW needed, a mod focused on eastern cultures with HD textured units. In this mod most units looked so awsome, the UI was really nice...

I'm afraid i disagree about stability and graphics for RTW:

With 4GB patch, Rome TW (and Medieval II) can run smoothly with high definition graphics mods, no problem at all. In fact, they run better than modern TW games, for example Attila is so laggy that you have to play it with blurry graphics. Thus, you end up playing a game with worse graphics than high quality mods for RTW or Medieval II.

As an example we have the mods Roma Surrectum III, Dust and Wind, Nation Empire War, etc... For Medieval II we have Europa Barbarorum II, Bulat Steel, Tsardoms, etc... They all look so perfect, with such high definition graphics, that visually are better than modern TW games and run so smoothly without any problem at all.

The games are totally stable too. I've played more than 300 turns in Bulat Steel without a single error or CTD. Same thing for other mods in RTW and M2TW. The only thing you have to do is to load games from the main menu, not from the campaign menu. That's it. That way all scripts run without any stability problem.

Anyways, i'm grateful you got this far.

Guys, something really cool:

I have solved CTDs errors in this mod!!

No CTDs now!

I'm testing the campaign. Playing rome i've already run 94 turns and no CTDs at all, and before i was having CTDs every 5 turns! And I'm doing all superstitious forbiden stuff: quicksaves, loading from game menu, loading from campaign... and still not a single CTD, as solid as a rock.

Backup your original mod file "names.txt", just in case. It's in this path:

\catw08\data\text

Then download names.txt attached to this post, and overwrite the mod's file.

Start a new campaign. That's it enjoy this wonderful mod!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by p8q; April 10, 2023 at 05:48 AM.

(I also deleted the file "map.rwm". Most likely not necessary, but i did it just in case).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123