Thread: Game crashes on Byzantine Turn

Icon4 Game crashes on Byzantine Turn

I'm playing as the Apache faction and i've conqured half of Europe sharing it with the Byzantine on year 1211 i really wanna finish the game but i'm stuck because when It's Byzantine empire's turn half way through ending it's turn it jumps on desktop and the "sorry pal" error appears... and yeah they killed the pope at this turn that might be the cause but I don't think so. Please help me with this i really wanna finish the game.

Default Re: Game crashes on Byzantine Turn

I found the cause of the crash... Apparently when the Pope dies it causes the game to crash, I fixed this with the "move character" cheat whenever a Byzantine Army is near the pope(I can't seem to move the pope to an isolated island because the cheat never works on him.) or assasinating assasins attempting to kill the pope.. It's a temporary solution the pope will die sooner when he's old, so how do I fix this?

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Can you paste the error log? I know that the game can get unstable when the Papal States are destroyed, but the Pope dying is a regular occurance and usually it doesn't mean much. Unless all Catholic priests are dead...

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

Where do I find the error log?

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Either in your medieval 2 folder or your logs folder inside the medieval 2 folder. It's a .txt file.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; December 26, 2017 at 06:51 PM.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires