Thread: Bug in round 173, Summer 1631.

Der_Shogun's Avatar Laetus
    You want to know my location? Oh, i think you have better things to do...as we all have

Default Bug in round 173, Summer 1631.

Greetings,

I have a bug in my "herzogtum Würtemberg" Campaign in round 173, summer 1631.

First of all: Why am i in round 173 in summer 1631??? In the list of all bugs on the downloadwebside is writen that there is a bug in 1632 ROUND 160 or smth. around this date?

Second: i have this problem had bevore a year or so with Mainz and it was army wich stood at a brige and went back...and again to the brige and back... and so it would have been walking for eternity if i wouldn't have kill this savegame.

In this Würtemberg Campaign i didn't foud such an army so i have no idea why my cursor spinns.

P.S. if you are german an want to answer me, you can do it in german becouse i will unterstand better what you write.

I wish you a nice day, greetings form the Shogun

You want to know my location? Oh, i think you have better things to do...as we all have

Default Re: Bug in round 173, Summer 1631.

Oh, i forgott to say the main bug: It's that my cursor spinns when i jump in this round.

Ok, news. I've found such an army wich is like the army is described form my Mainz Campaign. I tried to us the "move_charakter" consolecommand but it didn't worked. I typed in: move_character Johann Kasimir_Wasa 411,339 and it says: err: destination tile not valid ...

Does anyone know who i can handle this * ?

*The Problem is solved*

Nice, that you solved it. I have the same problem. Want to move General Kurd von Bülow, who is stuck at a bridge. Game says: character not found and/or Destination Tile not found. How did you make it? Please HELP!!!!

Sorry for not responding earlier. Do you have the fully patched version of the mod or are you playing an old version? This problem is rare on non-existent in the current version. The usual cause is that a character, usually an AI character is stuck on a bridge and does not have enough movement points to cross it. The bridge itself is over water and is not an eligible location for a land unit and this causes the cursor to spin forever. If you go back to a previous version, your last autosave for example, you can move the character using a cheat. You have to find the character's name in the text folder in a file called names.txt.

von Bülow is actually von_Allenstein, so you have to open the console and type something like: move_character "Kurt von_Allenstein" 411,339 (or some such map location, ideally a nearby map location).

Hey! Great, that you anwsered so quickly. Version is 2.0.606. I think, I used all parts and only the latest patch. Sorry that I wrote here, because later I saw a discussion about the same problem in the Error-Thread. Their hints, none the less, did not help. Involved Generals are Bülow and the polish guy Michael Watson, who stands at the eastern shore near the bridge, and blockading so the movement of Bülow's army. Tried to solve the problem, by typing all sorts of names and locations. I know that bug from Third Age Total war, where cheating always was successfull. Will try your Tip and report. Many thanks again.