Thread: The mod wont start...

Default The mod wont start...

I am using the steam version of R2TW and I have no other mods activated I have Hellenika part 1/2/3 activated and the game freezes at the first loading screen.

Default Re: The mod wont start...

Got it to work.

I assume you had some other mods activated which were not compatible
    Enjoy the mod. Make sure to read the manual before jumping into a campaign because there will be a lot of surprises.
    I remember the first few times I played Hellenika - I rage quit my first campaigns because I couldn't get out of my standard TW mind set...I didn't touch the game for ages but then I had a desire to return and found it to be the most enjoyable TW experience since...Third Age.

R2TW patched and I read on the steam forum I had to go back to a beta patch or something, I did that and it worked. The only problem is since R2TW patched, other mods like DeI have patched with it and Hellenika has not. So I can only play Hellenika for now.

Sorry for not responding earlier. I did not see any new message notification.
    Hellenika needs Patch 17 to work. Will not function with Empire divided patch

ah yes...if this is the problem, just revert back to patch_17 and all is wel

I am having the same problem.Any idea how to revert back to patch 17 so the mod is playable?

I will address all questions very soon. I am away currently and with no internet mostly.

Gee the same answer went all over.. Sorry for spamming..

Quote Originally Posted by argyrisgr97 View Post
    I am having the same problem.Any idea how to revert back to patch 17 so the mod is playable?
    Open steam, right click total war rome II and select properties. In the next window select the "Betas" tab, click the drop down menu and select patch 17.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

The above.
    Thanks Post Hoc. + rep