View Poll Results: Do you want a submod for RotK?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: RotK: Rebirth - [A submod in the making]

Default RotK: Rebirth - [A submod in the making]

Ni hao! Welcome dear generals and officers, if you open this thread it's huge chance that you still have interest in this amazing mod. That's great news! Stay with me for a while and you won't be dissapointed.
    As you can see in the title - yeah another decent submod - not this time!
    With Gigantus permission I want to create something really beatiful that will give this mod more flavour and options.
    But with one condition: I must see your interest. Please vote or comment, I will gladly hear you out.

up-to-date list of ideas:
    - Better CAI and BAI
    - Find a solution for stack spam (I want to have battles that are more decisive)
    - Sun Clan missions
    - Scripts revision
    - Few new units/reskins
    - Minor balance/polishing
    - Chinese voices
    Last edited by gasas; December 22, 2017 at 04:01 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: RotK: Rebirth - [A submod in the making]

Can you give an outline what you have planned?

For now I planned:
    - Better CAI and BAI
    - Find a solution for stack spam (I want to have battles that are more decisive)
    - Sun Clan missions
    - Scripts revision
    - Few new units/reskins
    - Minor balance/polishing

Ofc list will change with time and probably I can't achieve everything perfectly, anyway I will try my best. Everyone who want to work on it is welcome to join me.
    Till the end of the year I will play some campaigns, get more knowledge about modding and hopefuly assemble a small team for this submod. In 2018 work will start with huge speed

BTW: Gigantus can you edit the poll? That everyone can see results, and delete my previous thread about strategy, everything should be writed here.
    Last edited by gasas; December 19, 2017 at 09:39 AM.

My opinion, (just that) do this sub mod if you want it for yourself. Sharing is all nice but how much motivation can someone have if it is for other people first? Maybe other modders have a other view but I woudn't last long on a selfless free work.

Good luck to you, Gasas.

Thank you for your opinion selv, I know what you mean. But I'm kind of person that really enjoy sharing my work with others, I like to do something without selfish purpose.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

The stack spam and the lack of Sun missions are really something I'd be glad to see fixed +rep.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Well I wish you the best if you decide to get on it. One last opinion of mine, don't let a immediate lack of interest stop you if you really want to do it after the new year.
    I would bet some people would gladly play your sub-mod, though they might not notice it or write before it is released. That's why doing it for yourself first is important, rather than relying on the caprices of a crowd that might end up pressuring you (if they end up too interested) while doing nothing instead.

Blog Entries

Stack spam - I wrote a recruitment restriction script for EBII not so long ago, but that is some real painful stuff and can only be implemented once the regions are permanent on the map, eg no additonal or removed regions at a later stage and the descr_strat file is finalized. The one for EBII has over 200K lines with only a handful of monitors, a personal, if not general record for a functional script that doesn't slow a mod to a crawl.
    Sun missions - we never got around it, that would have been in the next release\update, would be nice to see. If you have problems with the way the Cao Cao mission was scripted let me know.

About the stack spam, I was thinking about temporary solution by higher upkeep cost and turns time for recruitment. Script will be the best but it must be done with someone that have more experience than me.

Blog Entries

The AI isn't bothered about upkeep cost - it's 'bang for the buck' unless you use recruit priorities. The reason why vanilla had those catapult armies, they did massive damage for relative low recruit cost. High upkeep will simply completely stagnate the AI as there won't be money for building either. Increasing recruit prices is kinda pointless: once all buildings are build or queued you are back to square one.

It looks like longer recruitment time is only valid alternate untill working script can be done, also I think about deleting recruitment of volounters to avoid county spearmen/volounters stacks (they are like artillery meat in my point of view). To fill the gap I want to add unique units recruitment but once for 20/30 turns and only in core regions, also AI can't keep them alive, so that's another reason.

I'm very pleased that I saw living interest for this mod, even if there are few people it's still enough for me. In the middle of january I will present some screenshots from development, just be patient.
    My doors are open for everyone that want to support this project (suggestions and ideas are very welcome), you can post in this thread or pm me.
    Also I have a little surprise - few people already agree to help me in some tasks, names will be revealed soon.

I'm really looking forward for this journey.
    Last edited by gasas; December 27, 2017 at 10:07 AM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

voted yes,
    but honestly i wouldn´t care the result. go for it anyway and have fun modding

the rotk mod for shogun 2 allowed for a single fighter/general in the unit. Also, would love to see big formations like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LbbfAzb4M or it can even be a one time event in campaign.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by gasas View Post
    It looks like longer recruitment time is only valid alternate until working script can be done, also I think about deleting recruitment of volunteers to avoid county spearmen/volunteers stacks (they are like artillery meat in my point of view). To fill the gap I want to add unique units recruitment but once for 20/30 turns and only in core regions, also AI can't keep them alive, so that's another reason.
    Its not "only valid option", it's crucial feature. I do this for every mod I play - just to make battles decisive, as they really were ... and to have healthy game, without those tons of unrealistic armies on maps. It really works. Two turns recruitment time for every unit as minimum, but you can think about three turns for special units. Although I'm not sure how AI works. If AI have all 2 turns unit - it will build them all normally. If some need more turns - AI can skip them completely.

GL anyway.

It's happening folks. CA is creating new Total War in Three Kingdoms era!
    Due to this news my project is cancelled. I hope everyone can understand my decision. For now I recommend another game in this era called The Last Warlord, you can easily find it on steam.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

The last Warlord.. hmm I might check that out.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Quote Originally Posted by gasas View Post
    It's happening folks. CA is creating new Total War in Three Kingdoms era!
    Due to this news my project is cancelled. I hope everyone can understand my decision. For now I recommend another game in this era called The Last Warlord, you can easily find it on steam.
    Oh c'mon man that sub-mod still wouldn't hurt, especially the stack spam fix.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

That’s something I’m going to bug Gigantus about. Since he wrote (is writing?) a stack spam script for EBII, I’ll see about getting a hold of that and modifying it.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR