Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *STATE OF THE MOD*

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default *STATE OF THE MOD*

OFFICIAL UPDATE - DECEMBER 2017
    Good Day All.

Would like to update you all on the mod in progress. The last year has been struggle to get this completed. ABH, our mod leader has been a lot less active due to life circumstances that tend to get all of our modders. It has gotten to us all at one point. Reorganization of the mod team has been challenging as we all had our expertise in certain areas. ABH has the core knowledge of how the game should be built. With his absence, it has been a marathon of a learning experience. However, he is still around to assist in specific areas, and am greatly thankful for it.

Before going into detail, I would like to discuss the emotional aspect behind this. I started playing Rome 1 12 years ago and was immersed in fun of it. With mods such as EB and RSII, it drove me to join the team and help create a game that would get as close to that initial nostalgic feel. With that said, we may have fallen short to this point, but I and the team are people of our word. We will get this released one way or another.

Startpos Modding - This was the core of the slowdown since September. Due to an update by CA, creating a startpos file was beyond frustrating. I would like to thank Dresden from Divide et Impera for the help in fixing that. As of 1 week ago, startpos creation is back in business.

Here are some things I in particular are working on, and some troubles we are navigating through.
    - Starting Armies - almost complete with unique starting generals. Some factions, such as Averci, Dalmatae, and Armenia are crashing when loading a campaign. Not sure, but confident in ability to correct this.
    - Battle loading - Petellius mentioned he has a crash when loading a battle. I dont forsee this being an issue going forward.
    - AOR recruitment - currently being mapped out, and will be implemented within a week
    - Rebel Factions - almost mapped out by ABH and will implement, hopefully in the next week.
    - Isolated Building icons
    - Generic Startpos Balancing
    - Ironing out battle map cities

Items team members are working on, necessary to a campaign start:
    - Faction traits - starting faction traits need to be completed for a few factions
    - Technologies - ironing out raw implementation
    - Building effects - Work in progress, but Rome is completed
    - Descriptions - Some items such as units and building are incomplete, but assume this will be fixed soon.

The items above are the core aspects to get this game running smoothly. I truly believe all if not most can be completed in the next month to two months. With that said, we MAY be ready for a full on internal test. At the very lest least, we would like to get something released in the near future, even if it only has 1 or 2 playable factions at first.

My goal would be to get a base released, and rely on the community to help iron out things - either through testing or submods to implement.

For those who are still around, thank you! We appreciate it, and intend for this to payoff in the end. I will be in and out of twcenter, but know that we are getting as much done as possible, with a lot of late nights full of caffine.

Stay Tuned!

Campaign Map Visuals
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by UMCenturion; December 31, 2017 at 03:00 PM.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Default Re: STATE OF THE MOD - A.E. - PROGRESS UPDATE 14.12.17

Our men are wavering! Not anymore!!!

Изпратено от моят GT-I9301I с помощта на Tapatalk

Good news...greatly appreciated with the update

Sounds great

Take your time on the startpos stuff and make plenty of backups

in UMCenturion we trust!

keep up the good work guys

I just tried to start a new Charlemagne campaign today, and couldn't get into it. I have been itching for some Total War, so I am very glad to hear we could be getting a partial release soon. I also think a limited TWC release of a few factions for testing, and I think once there is any campaign playable it will be easier to find people to help finish the mod off.

Great!keep up this good works! Do not let it die please!

Almost time to get my Imperium Sine Fine on, thanks for the update.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Great to hear fellas. Enjoy the holidays in the meantime.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Hope you guys have a good rest during christmas!!

GReat to hear guys!

One thing though, I still haven’t heard anything back from you guys on modding in pink helmets and amazon women to the Roman army. I would think you guys would be all over this by now! Seriously!!!
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

I've got my best men working on it!!

Also, battle loading bug is squished!
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Great news! Keep the great work up, no rush at all. We believe in you, AE team!
    Last edited by jdofo; December 16, 2017 at 05:54 AM.

Wohoo! These are great news, guys! Now the end of all your hard work is near.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    I've got my best men working on it!!

Also, battle loading bug is squished!
    Its about damn time!!!! Lol �� I have been waiting for those historical Amazon women!!!

Also, I was the first let’s play of your mod and my HUGE channel brought like two people to the site so I should get the first release!!!!! Lol ��

Thanks for the honest update guys.
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

I figure transparency would be the best we have to offer at this moment in time. I understand what it would be like to wait 2 years for a mod to release, as I have experienced it on the other end before.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Foederatus

Great news. Thank you very much for this update

Everything comes to he who waits. And we can wait as long as it takes for this gem. Excellent work guys. I think that SEGA should in fact help you out in the hellenic factions (ie give you a tool that will enable you to place Sparta, etc in the map).

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Good news Let me know if you guys need anything else, can't wait to see everything come together!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast