Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Create a New Faction (using Normans/Saxons)

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: problems with saxons

@Johnny

check your error log...

also...

1. if you want the settlement to be a castle you have to put "settlement castle" instead of settlement.
    2. motte_and_bailey is the starting building for a village level settlement a small town would need a wooden castle, a town would need a castle, etc.

those are just a couple of things that I notice just glancing at your entry...I can't say if this will solve all of your problems, but the way you have it now will cause your game to crash.

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: saxon troubel

alright thanks I'll change that back to a village. If you make it a small_town and it has no buildings will it crash? because the way the guy set it up the city was way to big for me ( I like to start small) so I would just put no buildings in the building brackets, no?

also, when putting units in if they are not saxon units will that cause a problem? because they show up as a black peasant in custom and they silver and shiny unit models on the battle map.

thanks for your help guys!

Default Re: saxon troubel

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJigger View Post
    alright thanks I'll change that back to a village. If you make it a small_town and it has no buildings will it crash? because the way the guy set it up the city was way to big for me ( I like to start small) so I would just put no buildings in the building brackets, no?

also, when putting units in if they are not saxon units will that cause a problem? because they show up as a black peasant in custom and they silver and shiny unit models on the battle map.

thanks for your help guys!
    A small town has to at least have a wooden pallisade or a wooden castle. Only a village (that is not a castle) can have no buildings at all, in which case, you would not even put the word building in the entry.

The reason your units show up all wierd-looking is because they have to be added to the modelsdb file...there is a tutorial somewhere around here about that...be careful, this file can be quite temperamental.

Don't forget to check your error log. It will not tell you about modelsdb errors, but it will let you know about most other things.

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: Tutorial: How To Create a New Faction (using Normans/Saxons)

I can make the Normans thing work but not the saxons. I made sure all the names were correct, I deleted the rebel settlement york and the army there... I put my general and princess/wife in the York coordinates... I'm not sure whether to put trader henry or sailor napoleon so i tried both (u started with henry then changed to napoleon) then I made everything just like yours but when I click saxons on menu then click start campaign it does the lightning storm sound then just goes back to the main menu. I can't even play as any faction now. No campaign works, just goes back to menu. only works with normans.

Now, when ur the normons u have a intro video but the saxons do not. Is that a problem here?

I'm at a loss. I got the Wales and Ireland mods to work and they work fine and I did exactly what they did in stat.txt file but the computer seems to just hate saxons and soesn't want them to play the campaign... i will be stuck in wales forever... lol
    Last edited by JohnnyJigger; March 16, 2007 at 05:49 PM. Reason: sorry for the double post

Giaus Marius's Avatar Libertus

Im making Ireland a faction in RTW, and i was wondering casn u use a custom made picture as a flag as my friend made a good one on photoshop.

yes I think so, the one I have the faction flag is a white x with a green background. a different color of the scottish flag. I think you can make the flag different but I'm not that advanced.

hey btw has anyone go the saxons working on Grand Campaign? I try everything and no go. I check error log and it say something about can't find character Portrait for saxons and can't find .tga stuff. it confusing.
    Anyone who got theirs working can u post the code so I can copy you please? that would be appreciated thanks.

when I click saxons on menu then click start campaign it does the lightning storm sound then just goes back to the main menu.
    I told you...CHECK YOUR ERROR LOG...chances are, it will tell you what the problem is.

LC

-John G. Hartung

I'm at a loss. I got the Wales and Ireland mods to work and they work fine and I did exactly what they did in stat.txt file but the computer seems to just hate saxons and soesn't want them to play the campaign... i will be stuck in wales forever... lol
    If yu are trying to add the Saxons with the Ireland mod installed, it may not work. I think the Ireland mod uses the Saxons to make Ireland.

LC

-John G. Hartung

yes I checked my error log and it said can't find saxon character portrait and other .tga files and it says expecting 2 more factions??

i will remove ireland mod and try again but is there a certain order in the code that u have to follow?

in the norman prologue it says saxons are balanced mao (whatev that means)
    but in tutorial it says sailor napoleon what is difference

also, character
    character Maximillian Zirn, named character, male, leader, age 40 xy coordinates...
    traits Factionleader 1 , do u need a space THEN a comma or just comma like:
    traits Factionleader 1,

and in the welsh and ireland factions sections they don't specify who is leader or heir yet they work fine.

character Johann Zirn, named character, male, heir, age 18, x and y ...
    traits Factionheir 1 , and then u have traits but do u have to list heir?

and in character record thats for wife of leader right?
    character_record Clare, female, age 40, alive, never_a_leader

and relations is who is all connected by family blood i think
    relative Maximillian Zirn, Johann Zirn, Clare, end
    do u have to include last names?

and I DID check error log it is confusing and i tried to put saxon portrait in but it didn't work. in norman prologue it says 'portait harold' after the x y coordinates of the saxon king, i tried that but it dont work

yes I checked my error log and it said can't find saxon character portrait and other .tga files and it says expecting 2 more factions??
    The character protrait is UI info and shouldn't matter. I have never seen this "expecting 2 more factions" before, but it sounds pretty serious.

i will remove ireland mod and try again but is there a certain order in the code that u have to follow?
    I don't know what you mean by this, but I usually add all of my new factions at the end.

in the norman prologue it says saxons are balanced mao (whatev that means)
    but in tutorial it says sailor napoleon what is difference
    it is the faction's AI personality. It can be any one of the preset AI descriptions. If I were you, I would stay out of the Norman campaign folder. It has no bearing on the "Grand Campaign" and you'll just get all balled up looking through that stuff. Some of the file names are the same and it just gets confusing and hard to keep track of which ones you have changed.

also, character
    character Maximillian Zirn, named character, male, leader, age 40 xy coordinates...
    traits Factionleader 1 , do u need a space THEN a comma or just comma like:
    traits Factionleader 1,
    don't put a space before any commas. it is helpful if you put the entire line of code when you ask for help instead of trailing off at the end. otherwise it makes it harder for me to help you.

and in the welsh and ireland factions sections they don't specify who is leader or heir yet they work fine.
    character Johann Zirn, named character, male, heir, age 18, x and y ...
    traits Factionheir 1 , and then u have traits but do u have to list heir?
    I guess that's not the problem then. You don't have to list an heir, but I usually do.

and in character record thats for wife of leader right?
    character_record Clare, female, age 40, alive, never_a_leader
    character record is for any character that does not have a unit in the game (wives, children that have not come of age, etc.).

and relations is who is all connected by family blood i think
    relative Maximillian Zirn, Johann Zirn, Clare, end
    do u have to include last names?
    you include the names exactly as they appear in the entry. the way you have it set up is wierd. It should be faction leader, {TAB} Wife, {TAB} Child 1, {TAB} end

and I DID check error log it is confusing and i tried to put saxon portrait in but it didn't work. in norman prologue it says 'portait harold' after the x y coordinates of the saxon king, i tried that but it dont work

again, don't base anything on the Norman Campaign. There's a lot of wierd stuff going on there.

If you can post your error log after you run the game that might help me see what's up.

LC

-John G. Hartung

yes i have made the names and coordinates in york and the names are saxon names and everything is in order. I think it is the fact that there is no intro movie that is making it not work every other mod has english intro but not saxons. I will post error log then attatch the strat file ok?

error log very long
    14:12:57.156 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:12:57.156 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Dec 5 2006 version development ===
    14:12:57.265 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:12:57.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:12:57.859 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:12:57.968 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:12:58.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:12:58.093 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:13:05.421 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    14:13:05.484 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    14:13:05.531 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    14:13:05.750 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    14:13:05.750 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    14:13:05.812 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    14:13:14.125 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3102, column 34
    missile range of 91 is impossible with projectile javelin (max range 91)
    14:13:14.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 5288, column 34
    missile range of 91 is impossible with projectile javelin (max range 91)
    14:13:20.796 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.796 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.968 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:20.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.453 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.453 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.453 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.453 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:21.453 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:22.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:22.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:22.203 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:22.203 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:22.203 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:22.203 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:22.203 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:22.203 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:22.375 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10638, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    14:13:22.375 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10639, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    14:13:22.375 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10649, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    14:13:22.375 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10650, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    14:13:22.375 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10662, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    14:13:22.375 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10663, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    14:13:22.375 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10703, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    14:13:22.406 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15740, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    14:13:22.406 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15748, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    14:13:22.406 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15756, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    14:13:22.421 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16672, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    14:13:22.421 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16681, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    14:13:22.421 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16723, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    14:13:22.421 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16732, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    14:13:22.515 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    14:13:22.515 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    14:13:22.515 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    14:13:47.343 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:47.359 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:48.593 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:48.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    14:13:48.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    14:13:48.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    14:13:48.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    14:13:48.750 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    14:13:48.750 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    14:13:48.750 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    14:13:48.765 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    14:13:49.984 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.000 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.000 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.000 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.000 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.000 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.000 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.000 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.015 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.015 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:50.015 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    14:13:54.140 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_timurids.tga is missing
    14:13:54.140 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_FE.tga is missing
    14:13:54.156 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/map_timurids.tga is missing
    14:13:54.171 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_normans.tga is missing
    14:13:54.171 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_FE.tga is missing
    14:13:54.171 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/map_normans.tga is missing
    14:13:54.171 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_saxons.tga is missing
    14:13:54.171 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_FE.tga is missing
    14:13:54.171 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/map_saxons.tga is missing
    14:13:54.171 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_slave.tga is missing
    14:13:54.171 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/map_slave.tga is missing
    14:13:54.187 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    14:13:54.406 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    14:13:56.718 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_saxons.tga is missing
    14:13:56.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_saxons.tga is missing
    14:13:56.859 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    14:13:58.000 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    14:13:58.281 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_battle.txt is missing
    14:13:58.296 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    14:13:58.296 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rbm is missing
    14:13:58.296 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.wfc is missing
    14:13:58.640 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/001.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.640 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/001.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.640 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.640 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.656 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.656 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.656 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.656 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.671 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.671 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/050.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/050.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/092.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/092.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/091.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/091.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/016.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/016.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:13:58.890 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

@johnny

a couple of things...

Have you unpacked your files? It doesn't look like it from this log. Also...there were quite a few errors in your descr_strat entry for the Saxons (misplaced and omitted commas, extra spaces and line breaks, etc.).

LC

I'll take a closer look at it when I get a chance.

-John G. Hartung

alright thanks for bein a pal and checkin it out. Well I downloaded and instaleld the 1.1 patch and ran the unpacker so I can see all the files like data files and all that stuff but i tried to make it look like other faction's code but I guess I'm not very good at that.

alright thanks ill be awaitin the feedback

Im having some trouble. Everything works well that I see so far, but when I finish loading on the loading screen it says Victory Conditions Failed. I don't know what do do... I've made sure there isn't a slave garrison in the city also. But if I play as another faction, i.e. england. They are eliminated by the time the game starts and its just a rebel city.
    Last edited by Vorge; March 19, 2007 at 09:42 PM.

Did you like my post? If so + rep please

frankus's Avatar Civis

hey guys, well this must sound very newby but I can't find the export_descr_buildings folder plz help me

selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Magic word: Unpacker.
    Under the patronage of vikrant
    Patron of Ramtha, Alletun, finneys13, SirPaladin and GrnEyedDvl

Alright. So right now Ive followed your code to the tee. Here is my problem, once I select any faction to play in the Grand Campaign it just sends me back to the 1 player menu. And then I can't get back to the Grand Campaign. So here is what I have.

faction normans, sailor napoleon
    ai_label catholic
    denari 10000
    denari_kings_purse 2500
    settlement
    {
    level large_city
    region York_Province

year_founded 0
    population 11800
    plan_set default_set
    faction_creator england
    building
    {
    type core_building large_stone_wall
    }
    building
    {
    type tower ballista_towers
    }
    building
    {
    type professional_military military_academy
    }
    building
    {
    type port shipwright
    {
    building
    {
    type siege catapult_range
    }
    building
    {
    type smith heavy_armour
    }
    building
    {
    type sea_trade warehouse
    }
    building
    {
    type admiralty naval_academy
    }
    building
    {
    type hinterland_farms farms+2
    }
    building
    {
    type taverns coaching_house
    }
    building
    {
    type barracks militia_barracks
    }
    building
    {
    type temple_catholic abbey
    }
    building
    {
    type city_hall city_hall
    }
    building
    {
    type market great_market
    }
    building
    {
    type hinterland_roads paved_roads
    }
    }
    character Robin, named character, male, leader, age 40, x 106, y 164
    traits GoodCommander 2 , Intelligent 2, VictorVirtue 3
    army
    unit Archer Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Armored Sergeants exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Mailed Knights exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Armoured Sergeants exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Armoured Sergeants exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    character_record Cecilia, female, age 36, alive, never_a_leader
    relative Robin, Cecilia, end

gah... tab doesn't work in the post for some reason......

Bongfu's Avatar Senator

I dont have any of the text files, except descr_start. Is it beacuse I am using the Direct 2 Drive version?
    Lorehammer - Team Lead
    A Radious Total War: Warhammer Sub-mod

You have to have patch 1.1 and have run the unpacker that comes with it.