Thread: Patch 17,, but steam wants to update my game,, which i dont want it too..

Default Patch 17,, but steam wants to update my game,, which i dont want it too..

Hey guys,,

I stayed on patch 17, to play my old saves and wait till they fix all the bugs, and wait for others to update their mods. But steam today doesnt let me play the game unless it updates. And its not updating because i have patch 17 selected. I dont know whats happening. Why doesn;t steam have an not update option anyway?.

Default Re: Patch 17,, but steam wants to update my game,, which i dont want it too..

Roll back to patch 17 and you can play offline i guess.....

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Patch 17,, but steam wants to update my game,, which i dont want it too..

Quote Originally Posted by RadRipRep View Post
    Hey guys,,

I stayed on patch 17, to play my old saves and wait till they fix all the bugs, and wait for others to update their mods. But steam today doesnt let me play the game unless it updates. And its not updating because i have patch 17 selected. I dont know whats happening. Why doesn;t steam have an not update option anyway?.
    You mean you can't opt to beta 17 ?

Opt into patch 17. That's the previous version.

From the FAQ https://www.totalwar.com/blog/empire...r-politics-faq:

How to opt in to the roll back build

I want to keep Rome II as it is, despite the update!

If you want to avoid this update to keep your mods working or you just want to stay on the version on Total War: ROME II you’ve been playing up until now, follow these steps:
    Open Steam and select Total War: Rome II in your library
    Right click Rome II and select properties
    Open the ‘Betas’ tab
    In the drop down menu, select the ‘patch_17’ option
    Steam will download your update and the name of Total War: ROME II on your Steam library will end with [patch_17]