Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Third Century Legionary (ILOR)

Laetus

Icon1 Re: Third Century Legionary (ILOR)

Quote Originally Posted by LEONARDO THE GREAT View Post
    cav variant

give us this gift for Christmas
    give us this gift for Christmas

Default Re: Third Century Legionary (ILOR)

I will be forced to by the 'Empire Divided' because of this mod...bravo! simply superb new unit variants.

+REP my good fellow!
    Last edited by GERMANICUS; December 19, 2017 at 06:58 PM.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

My dear Leonardo, there is just a detail I find not correct in your units (and also in vanilla game) and it's the Lorica Segmentata which in your pics presents 2 leather suspension straps as in the Model Corbridge, while we know that during the late II century and the III century it was widespreaded the use of the model known as Newstead, a semplified and stronger model of segmented armor, in which the iron segments covering the thorax, are suspended to the upper part of the armor by two metal suspension hooks, and all the other leather straps are sobstituted by metal components. Just to be clearer:

Corbridge type A:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Newstead type:
    So, is it possible finally having a Newstead Segmentata on Rome 2?

Sadly, in my knowledge, nobody has yet succeeded in introducing Newstead armors in game, so, possibly the task it's not easy, but let me say that it would be magnificent being able to watch our III cent. Romans displaying their beautiful Imperial Italic H, Hiddernheim and Niederbieber helmets, finally combined with the right armor type!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    My dear Leonardo, there is just a detail I find not correct in your units (and also in vanilla game) and it's the Lorica Segmentata which in your pics presents 2 leather suspension straps as in the Model Corbridge, while we know that during the late II century and the III century it was widespreaded the use of the model known as Newstead, a semplified and stronger model of segmented armor, in which the iron segments covering the thorax, are suspended to the upper part of the armor by two metal suspension hooks, and all the other leather straps are sobstituted by metal components. Just to be clearer:

Corbridge type A:
    Newstead type:
    So, is it possible finally having a Newstead Segmentata on Rome 2?

Sadly, in my knowledge, nobody has yet succeeded in introducing Newstead armors in game, so, possibly the task it's not easy, but let me say that it would be magnificent being able to watch our III cent. Romans displaying their beautiful Imperial Italic H, Hiddernheim and Niederbieber helmets, finally combined with the right armor type!

when I start working on the segmenta variant I will make sure I amusing the correct version. I may also look into creating a new model segmenta mesh

hamata variant #1 with dura type shield. Units will contain hamata, squamata, and segmenta equipment variations. an oblong shield and new spatha are also in the works.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

shield#2 spatha #1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171221155345_1.jpg  

Stunning work! Can't wait!

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

WONDERFUL!!

heavy squamata variant
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hvysq.JPG  

BritPatriot1815's Avatar Ducenarius
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

Leonardo,

I know you're ahead in your work now, but if it's any use I am Third Century reenactor in the UK from Cohors Quinta Gallorum, if there's any way I can help provide pictures of kit or information I am happy to help. I've seen you use a few photos of our kit already which is great to see, we maintain a high degree of archaeological authenticity with our kit so you can rest assured any photos of us will be useful for what you; incidently you have modelled the armour which I wear I have a copy of Quinta's kit guide as well as various photos of the kit we have and us at events. If you wish to see any of our stuff drop a line and I'll help however I can.
    How far will I go for Rome? At least to the end of the street, I hate walking

Quote Originally Posted by BritPatriot1815 View Post
    Leonardo,

I know you're ahead in your work now, but if it's any use I am Third Century reenactor in the UK from Cohors Quinta Gallorum, if there's any way I can help provide pictures of kit or information I am happy to help. I've seen you use a few photos of our kit already which is great to see, we maintain a high degree of archaeological authenticity with our kit so you can rest assured any photos of us will be useful for what you; incidently you have modelled the armour which I wear I have a copy of Quinta's kit guide as well as various photos of the kit we have and us at events. If you wish to see any of our stuff drop a line and I'll help however I can.
    great! if you can send me as many pictures as you can from your re enactment group that would be very helpful. I especially need info on the secondary sword carried by legionaries from this time period. I keep coming across what looks like an oversized pugio. also helmet crest attachments. bags, pouches, shield patterns for the oblong type shield

progressing along, new trousers, shoes, centurion, shield designs, icons

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails update.JPG   sq.JPG   chm.JPG   20171229173707_1.jpg   20171229173846_1.jpg  

20171229173800_1.jpg  

No words, just .. wonderful work!

hey Leonardo, Huge fan and eagerly awaiting this mod. Just wondering if you change the angle of the sheaths would they still stick out from the shields. (nitpicks the guy that can't mod)

Quote Originally Posted by cekkiri View Post
    hey Leonardo, Huge fan and eagerly awaiting this mod. Just wondering if you change the angle of the sheaths would they still stick out from the shields. (nitpicks the guy that can't mod)
    mod is still in early development, what you see in the pics are incomplete models. model clipping, variations, textures are all a work in progress

progress on newstead

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails news.JPG  

I love you baby! .. Buon Anno anche a te! (En.: Happy New Year to you too!)

I've found a good site devoted to Roman helmets, it's in Italian and the pics are really great, here the links to three pages displaying III century's types:

GUISBOROUGH-HEDDERNHEIM (I-III sec. d.C.)

WEISENAU NIEDERMÖRMTER (IMP. ITALICO) (II-III sec. d.C.)

NIEDERBIEBER (II-III sec. d.C.)

Any plans for new helmets? Personally I think CA did a pretty good job, but didn't know if you wanted to make any.

Hi Leonardo, first of all thank you for your mods they are all great. I have no doubt that this one will be at least as good as the others. I am looking forward to his exit. Do you have any idea when you planned to release it?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast