Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12th Century East Asia - Shaoding v1.1 released

Default Re: 12th Century East Asia - Shaoding v1.1 released

I have Jingkang Shame 1.0. This is a link dowload mods: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJuUM3h code: 62jm
    patch:
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJJXyaB code: rriw
    tutorial how to install mods:
    The unzipped animations cover the original, ie data\animations
    it is a good mods

Please someone with a english text translation pls

Looks good, but u add nothing valuable to the game. Just a reskin of whats already in the game. No point playing any mods, until they dont add new stuff.
    Spearmen, swordmen, cav, archers... eh? Excuse me? They already exist in vanilla!
    If u use a bit more brains, u could actually do something new. Add new battle formations, special attacks (shieldwall, turtle formation, square formation like in napoleon,....) stuff is endless u can do, We dont need reskin of everything.
    It's like a warhammer mod, everything looks different, but the units basically do the same.
    Im tired of this.

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by PlautusLeo View Post
    Looks good, but u add nothing valuable to the game. Just a reskin of whats already in the game. No point playing any mods, until they dont add new stuff.
    Spearmen, swordmen, cav, archers... eh? Excuse me? They already exist in vanilla!
    If u use a bit more brains, u could actually do something new. Add new battle formations, special attacks (shieldwall, turtle formation, square formation like in napoleon,....) stuff is endless u can do, We dont need reskin of everything.
    It's like a warhammer mod, everything looks different, but the units basically do the same.
    Im tired of this.
    I think you're way overestimating what modders can do. They can't add new formations because that stuff is hardcoded; there's a reason why even Europa Barbarorum II doesn't have testudos. There are also quite a few new things here that aren't in vanilla, like repeating crossbows (which requires new or edited animations) and, if the name is to be trusted, explosive grenades (which requires a making new projectile). Modding capabilities for this game are absolutely nowhere near endless.

At the very least, it is possible to be a bit more polite with making suggestions.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

English version?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

This looks amazing, but I aint playing it without English translation. Is anyone working on it?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

The teams that make said mods don't use TWC as anything more than an ad service. I'm afraid, short of being native Chinese, you can expect no useful support from them.

Hi guys! I have problem to reload my saved game after about 15 or 20 turns when I save and wanna reload my campaign! Just errors and crashes and says nothing! Any solution?
    Regards

In the Log it says Character record not loaded properly

How to install your translation are two folders?

path english or vietnam , help

I'm so motivated to play this mod as Song Dynasty I searched how to change the text in-game to English, google translated only the Song Dynasty unit names as a test using BinEditor and removed some nonsense when translated to English, then maybe if it works translate events and buildings but wasted my time when there was a crash "Character record not loaded properly" whenever I tried to load my saved game. Does anyone have a fix for this? Turn 11.

mod looks fantastic, hopefully someone knows how to get at least the partial english translation to work

I made a partial Google translated english patch for this. Get it on moddb here. If anyone wants to expand this patch, feel free to. For anyone that wants to make these kinds of translations first open a text file in your Chrome browser by dragging & dropping it in. This will open a page, next right click the page and select "translate to english" (or whichever language you have set). You might also get a google translate popup.

That is all from me for now. Cheers.

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

Make the mods in English. The English language is the international. Im Greek. But if someday make a mod , i will made it in English, not in Greek.

From the moddb the dude said that got the error.

"There is an error in the software/game. After selecting the Xichuan War Zone in the Southern Song Dynasty, in the seventeenth rounds, the game will generate two identical generals, and the saved file unable be read after the game is saved. Loading saved game will crash the application immediately and it will never ever able to be continue further. I'm able to provide the related savegames file for diagnotic if needed. It is a excellent mode in overall except the battles end too quick in each engagement."

Trying my luck for some experienced people to check it out. I thought it was about a spawn code in the campaign_script file but I dont see any. Anyways gonna waste my time playing Asia Empires while waiting for this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKerberos View Post
    From the moddb the dude said that got the error.

"There is an error in the software/game. After selecting the Xichuan War Zone in the Southern Song Dynasty, in the seventeenth rounds, the game will generate two identical generals, and the saved file unable be read after the game is saved. Loading saved game will crash the application immediately and it will never ever able to be continue further. I'm able to provide the related savegames file for diagnotic if needed. It is a excellent mode in overall except the battles end too quick in each engagement."

Trying my luck for some experienced people to check it out. I thought it was about a spawn code in the campaign_script file but I dont see any. Anyways gonna waste my time playing Asia Empires while waiting for this.
    OK so I took a guess and edit some stuff at desc_strat, normally crash occurs to me for something like turn 20+. I'm at turn 23 rn and tried to reload the game and load the save file no "character_record not loaded properly" crash so far. I'm gonna try and reach atleast turn 200 after I woke up tomorrow and if this don't work then I'm so done with this mod. We need the experienced people. Here's the file, just paste and overwrite it.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/n3nxy...strat.txt/file
    path is : Shaoding\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12