Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12th Century East Asia - Shaoding v1.1 released

Default Re: 12th Century East Asia - Shaoding v1.1 released

I have Jingkang Shame 1.0. This is a link dowload mods: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJuUM3h code: 62jm
    patch:
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJJXyaB code: rriw
    tutorial how to install mods:
    The unzipped animations cover the original, ie data\animations
    it is a good mods

Please someone with a english text translation pls

Looks good, but u add nothing valuable to the game. Just a reskin of whats already in the game. No point playing any mods, until they dont add new stuff.
    Spearmen, swordmen, cav, archers... eh? Excuse me? They already exist in vanilla!
    If u use a bit more brains, u could actually do something new. Add new battle formations, special attacks (shieldwall, turtle formation, square formation like in napoleon,....) stuff is endless u can do, We dont need reskin of everything.
    It's like a warhammer mod, everything looks different, but the units basically do the same.
    Im tired of this.

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by PlautusLeo View Post
    Looks good, but u add nothing valuable to the game. Just a reskin of whats already in the game. No point playing any mods, until they dont add new stuff.
    Spearmen, swordmen, cav, archers... eh? Excuse me? They already exist in vanilla!
    If u use a bit more brains, u could actually do something new. Add new battle formations, special attacks (shieldwall, turtle formation, square formation like in napoleon,....) stuff is endless u can do, We dont need reskin of everything.
    It's like a warhammer mod, everything looks different, but the units basically do the same.
    Im tired of this.
    I think you're way overestimating what modders can do. They can't add new formations because that stuff is hardcoded; there's a reason why even Europa Barbarorum II doesn't have testudos. There are also quite a few new things here that aren't in vanilla, like repeating crossbows (which requires new or edited animations) and, if the name is to be trusted, explosive grenades (which requires a making new projectile). Modding capabilities for this game are absolutely nowhere near endless.

At the very least, it is possible to be a bit more polite with making suggestions.

Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires | Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth

English version?

Hrobatos's Avatar Tribunus

This looks amazing, but I aint playing it without English translation. Is anyone working on it?

The teams that make said mods don't use TWC as anything more than an ad service. I'm afraid, short of being native Chinese, you can expect no useful support from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12