Thread: FrunkSpace Commentary

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default FrunkSpace Commentary

FrunkSpace Commentary Thread

All comments are welcome!
    Last edited by Frunk; January 09, 2018 at 04:44 AM.
    FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: FrunkSpace Commentary

Hi Frunk, it's good to see you reviving the Blogs sub-forum. It sounds good to have the opportunities which Melbourne offers close by, even though you're having to deal with the issues which come with house-sharing. Travelling or volunteering elsewhere to escape the winter sounds like a good idea!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte

Well, Frunk, you can take comfort from the fact that if you fail to maintain your blog, you will instead be upholding one of the great traditions of the Writers' Study.

How's the waking up on time going? Do the psychedelic tiles help, or just make the process worse? (I'm not all that good at mornings, but I've never had to deal with psychedelic tiles...)

I'm looking forward to hearing about the house-hunting - and about how all your plans to get out and do stuff work out.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

I hate to admit that I may have had a similar shared house down to the tiles you describe in Boulder Colo in the 1960's along with avocado and gold mixed appliances in the kitchen space.

Like you I never kept much other that clothes in the house so there was nothing to really steel. Like you my mates were messy, but unlike you -- I was really a pig so they were the losers on the deal. That experiment lasted for about a year and then I discovered girls so I moved on to a older two bedroom with one roommate. I had to clean up my act.

Anyways, glad to see you here. Liven the place up. I was getting lonely.

Welcome back here Frunk.Best of luck in your writing endavours.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Alwyn & mad orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    Well, Frunk, you can take comfort from the fact that if you fail to maintain your blog, you will instead be upholding one of the great traditions of the Writers' Study.

How's the waking up on time going? Do the psychedelic tiles help, or just make the process worse? (I'm not all that good at mornings, but I've never had to deal with psychedelic tiles...)

I'm looking forward to hearing about the house-hunting - and about how all your plans to get out and do stuff work out.
    Waking up was actually quite easy until the last couple of days, due to me being somewhat unhappy about returning to work earlier than planned.

I can't say the tiles have helped or hindered, being not quite as bright as I assume they used to be; they don't catch my eye when I'm still half in slumber. I'll post a few pics shortly.

The house hunt details will hopefully be forthcoming in a future blog. More-so, the plans for this year will also hopefully be forthcoming when I make them!

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    I hate to admit that I may have had a similar shared house down to the tiles you describe in Boulder Colo in the 1960's along with avocado and gold mixed appliances in the kitchen space.

Like you I never kept much other that clothes in the house so there was nothing to really steel. Like you my mates were messy, but unlike you -- I was really a pig so they were the losers on the deal. That experiment lasted for about a year and then I discovered girls so I moved on to a older two bedroom with one roommate. I had to clean up my act.

Anyways, glad to see you here. Liven the place up. I was getting lonely.
    That place sounds absolutely amazing! I can imagine that would have been an interesting time to be living in a share house, though maybe things haven't really changed much...

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte

I'm glad to hear the tiles aren't too much of a problem!

It sounds as if you had a good Christmas. It also sounds as if your family had a good Christmas, too. (Melbourne is a long way from here () but if I ever get there, I'll be sure to take your list of places to visit with me!)

Did you enjoy Star Wars? Did everybody else?

I'm glad you're feeling happier about the state of the house - and I'm impressed your housemates are pitching in with the housework and so on. (The last time I shared a house with someone who didn't want to do the dishes, I started out doing all the washing up... and several weeks later I ended up just washing the things I needed, both before and after I used them, because everything was still always dirty... )

And now I have another thing to look forward to. Plans for your year out!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

good read frunk
    especially when I discovers we have being procrastinator in common I laughed at that
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Glad to see you are on blog again! I would be lying if I said anything but jealous of your time on tour. You cannot replace that experience no matter how long you live.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Welcome back! Your journey sounds amazing! I've found that one often has a better experience when just walking, and feeling the city instead of looking up chartered routes and following them blindly. I'm planning on going to Ljubljana one day to meet friends I have there, what would you say was the best bit in there as a foreigner?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the comments! Good to hear from you both!

@KA: It's a bit hard for me to say, since unfortunately I just wasn't there very long. The part of the Old Town we walked through was beautiful. What I would consider a model of a European city, with windy, cobblestone streets, tall terraces, and overlooked by the castle (which unfortunately I didn't get to visit). The people very friendly, and from memory in quite good spirits as it was the day of the World Cup final. The Congress Square is right nearby, too. There were rehearsals of some sort for a play taking place the night we were there. There was also a kind of car show in the Old Town, which was nice. Overall it just struck me as very laid back. Somewhere where I didn't feel like an unwelcome or out-of-place tourist. I suspect one could spend a few days there and just thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere of the city.