Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Princes, Kings and Heroes

Konstantin I's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Princes, Kings and Heroes

@ Wilddog

I prefer London to be a huge city

My favourite graphical designers are Danova and GobZul from Ornamentum mod. I think this will be a good idea asking them for help

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin I
    I prefer London to be a huge city

Do you mena you'd rather I removed those resoruces or that it should be a huge city rather than a fortress?

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin I
    My favourite graphical designers are Danova and GobZul from Ornamentum mod. I think this will be a good idea asking them for help
    I have posted on their forum asking them. Some of their models and TGA's look real sweet so it would be great to use them ..and help me quite a bit.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

I think he means that it should be a huge city and not a fortress.
    I think so as well, since in these times London had morethan 70000 people in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

True London has been estimated to of had a population of 60-80,000 around this time but the question is from the game point of view does that mean it should be represented as a city with one wall or a fortress because it also has the tower of London. That's the reason I hadn't decided on the final classification... there's pluses and minuses both ways.

First of all - Merry Christmas

@ wilddog

Do you mena you'd rather I removed those resoruces or that it should be a huge city rather than a fortress?
    Don't remove these resources. Only replace castle type fortress with city type huge city. This is my view point about London, because at these period of time around year 1300, London had populated nearly 100 000 ... and of course London was one of the big european trade centers

I have posted on their forum asking them. Some of their models and TGA's look real sweet so it would be great to use them ..and help me quite a bit.
    I'll support you if you have problems to get permission to use them

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    True London has been estimated to of had a population of 60-80,000 around this time but the question is from the game point of view does that mean it should be represented as a city with one wall or a fortress because it also has the tower of London. That's the reason I hadn't decided on the final classification... there's pluses and minuses both ways.
    Another idea is to combining in this region two cities - first city to be huge city(London) and second city to be castle type or fortress(London Tower)?

Or to make Tower of London to be specific building type in London?

These pictures may be useful ...........

Konstantin I - Merry Christmas to you as well. I've finished all the cooking so now time to relax.

I don't really like the idea of having London and Tower of London as to two separate regions or Tower of London as a castle type. You still need to keep them far enough apart and I'm not convinced about the AI manning castles correctly. Nice pictures though of the tower, where did you get them?

I don't have any objection to making London a large city - or I have to amend some build items. I just wasn't sure a single wall was going to be enough to stop players making a quick strike for such a prize.. although there won't half be a down side to that

It was also a balancing because the other factions main place is mostly a castle. However I'll probably just go with the large city in the end and allow some of the castle units to be built (by the Plantagenet's. The Plantagenet's are definitely intended as a non playable faction as is the Scottish Royal house...

Thanks for clearing up on the resources. I've got some other resources which will be new and some which are just using slightly different models. I'll post some bit son those soon although some have been featuring in different screen shots.

I'll support you if you have problems to get permission to use them
    Thanks for that, I haven't heard anything (but it was only yesterday I asked) and I guess it depends what is happening with their mod and whether they are allowing use by the other Britannia type mods (in which case we may well be back to lots of similar mods). I hope to have a proper play with Milkshape over the next few days to see what I can do there.

Your map is gorgeous, wilddog. I like the ground textures, villages, and the family of wild boar!

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Stunning work! I really like it!

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    I'm glad to see you here danova

I really like Ornamentum mod, and will be a good idea for partnership between Ornamentum mod and Princes, Kings and Heroes mod

@ wilddog

The pictures were from this site: http://www.wirecase.com/3D-Models-3D...x-_f-fpn-.html

Another idea is to make specific London resources with building models from battle map, like pleasure palace, merchants quarter, huge cathedral and others. Of course these models must be resized
    Last edited by Konstantin I; December 26, 2007 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim San
    Your map is gorgeous, wilddog. I like the ground textures, villages, and the family of wild boar!
    Thanks for that I thought it added a little something rather than having a single model.

Quote Originally Posted by danova
    Mutual. The usage of the Ornamentum's beautiful units/textures are greatly appreciated.

@Konstantin I - see above . When I switch London back to a city setup I'll add in a new resource to control some of the units that can be built etc.

Additionally look out over the next few days as I should be posting some of the Faction leader battle map figures for a change (I created a test version today). I'm just sorting out the 'normal' set up to tone down the brightness.
    Last edited by wilddog; December 27, 2007 at 12:37 PM.

Looking good

I'm waiting for some screen shots ... probably with Plantagenet's

Konstantin thanks - couldn't resist updating the sig although I still need to tone down some of the metal bits (but getting there slowly).

Had a slight hickup with an error today - should of put it all on trace earlier would of saved a lot of time - I was renaming a lot of variables and missed a trait item I had added to an existing trigger (bad idea to do that and I'd duplicated it anyway ).

Must admit the slow bit is adding in the family trees at the moment - its part historical and part just shall we say to make up the numbers . Hope to get a few more in over the next few days.

I'll try and sort out a Plantagenet battle image soon However its still a while before I get the units sorted out correctly (and the banners).

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

nice work man. hey i'll make a deal with you...you help me with the beginning stages of my map and i'll make some models for you....lol

but really great job...it's coming along very well

dude thats a hell a lot of regions !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kura_mi_qnko View Post
    dude thats a hell a lot of regions !!!
    kura_mi_qnko or кура ми янко?

Wilddog is it possible to place some screenshot with radar map?

Konstantin - Will do tomorrow. Got some friends round tonight so today wasn't much of a modding day. Region areas are pretty much established for the time being.

There's a lot of regions but then there are also 26 Factions excluding rebels.

and here's the radar map. Note only thing I may still do is extend North to include the orkney's similar to Britannia just to create a map compatible with vanilla Britannia.