Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Princes, Kings and Heroes

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

Default Re: Princes, Kings and Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by DefenderOfTheCrown View Post
    Hey sounds great Makes me think about the first and still one of the best war games ever called... "Defender Of The Crown" on commodore64, for those who remember that one ages back then!
    Good luck with it!
    Ahhh those were the days. When games were games Rrrraaaarrrhhh!!

They did a fairly good remake I have on the Xbox (think there was a PC version too) Called Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown and I think Cinemaware did their own remake not so long ago which was supposedly just a re-hash of their original game.

: Wilddog. Looks a good mod this. Loving the map!
    Member of S.I.N

Xfire: Ulfang
    Steam: Gavmundo
    Xbox 360: Gavmundo
    PS3: Gavmundo

You might want to check this mod out where a version of DLV Britannia Kingdoms was developed. I am very interested in your mod and also developed a family tree for this mod below. I also would appreciate more information on your specific Earls for the Henry III-Edward III Baron's War time period.

Thanks!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125919

October 07, 2007, 02:40 PM / DLV Britannia 1.2 - Bug Report, Comments Thread
    derdrakken
    Hello All,

Please put your Bugs, Comments, Suggestions or Praise (yes, we like praise ), right here...

Cheers!

dd

Bugs and Fixes in DLV Britannia 1.2 Upgrade
    DLV Britannia 1.2 Upgrade here: http://hosted.filefront.com/derdrakken/
    --Missing text from your summary screen, diplomatic screens, battle screens etc. -- Folks still reporting problems with text
    --Merchants don't report any income...lazy stiffs! -- ditto, still a problem for some
    --Rebels are using the Irish banner in the UI...naughty rebels. Fixed They now use they proper Tokus*Maximus faction symbol, yay!
    --Undead King Haakon arrives from Norway if he dies before arriving on map...little thing like death won't stop him...Fixed in 1.2c Upgrade
    --Irish family tree is a wee bit skimpy at start, needs a bit of beefing up Fixed, beefed up in 1.2c Upgrade
    --Untimely death...max age would be better set to 90 vs. current setting of 100 Fixed in 1.2c Upgrade
    --White boxes (apparently not refrigerators) seen in battles Fixed in 1.2c Upgrade
    --Barons Alliance achieves a hard won victory and gets a "You Lost" screen... not fixed
    Last edited by derdrakken : October 28, 2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: DLV Britannia 1.2 Upgrade available

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

gfortune
    Thanks for the link. If I have time I'll look at what they've done but I've been trying to concentrate (finally) a bit more on this .. work permitting of course.

This isn't just covering the Earls its covering the main marcher lords and some of the rising families as well although basically set as a start at 1280. The faction list is still pretty much as per an earlier post in this thread and I'm still doing it mostly as 'houses' (I know its been picked up by others but its still the only logical way to cover this period in a British context).

At the moment I'm still finishing off some of the strat level items (banners, models, textures etc and playing with the map). Then I can finally get down to updating the more critical EDB & EDU files etc.

@wildog

Sounds great! You may to talk with DD concerning his DLV Britannia mod. It is up to 4th update I updated the factions list for it, too.

@gfortune
    Its OK I looked quickly at the DLV mod and its basically a straight update to the Britannia campaign as far as I can tell so pretty similar to what the Kingdom of Scots has started to do at the moment.

This mod was always intended to cover a more reduced time period over a larger map with different factions based on the main houses of power. So the overlap is that some of the grandsons in the Plantagenet family tree end up being some of the Earls here (as they were still alive).

Hey wilddog, like time no speak this is where you been hiding working on a new mod i must say it sounds and looks great, are you working on any new kingdoms - scripting for it?

J@mes - yes there will be scripting. Not sure how much will be totally new though and depends whether some bits can be scripted. I'll need to sort out a version of a garrisoning/besieging script for certain and I know there was a script for that out there. There's certain things I need to check out on that but I haven't progressed that far with the 'real' scripts yet.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

That's a first class map you got there Wilddog :wink:

The coastline of the Comyn lands (the long coastline) looks amazing. It's done with the darker/lighter blue values, I presume ?

Quote Originally Posted by WImPyTjeH
    That's a first class map you got there Wilddog

The coastline of the Comyn lands (the long coastline) looks amazing. It's done with the darker/lighter blue values, I presume ?
    Thanks for the compliment. Yes its done using mixtures of heights and sea colours. The trickier bit was doing the lochs and I was having some fun with the English chalk cliffs and normal stone cliffs (I only put a few in so far).

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I agree the map is looking very good indeed, and I like the new signature!

@The Border Reiver - Thanks for the compliments on the map. I finally agreed (I think) on some final TGA's although I may still redo some hill/mountain ones

Signature was from Makanyane which I quite like and it tied up with some faction colours (although I've still to do the cavalry version).

I see you've changed your signature as well now you're up to version 2.0.

Is that from a screen shot?

PS glad the PM advice solved the other problem - it was Makanyane who told me.
    Last edited by wilddog; November 13, 2007 at 06:40 AM.

Heya looks apsolutely MAD!!!

just wndring if you have a 'release date' planned?
    (hope this question hasnt been asked yet)

@MaDmAn_1988 - unfortunately probably not before around Easter next year due to work etc.

Things are still progressing although slowly as I'm starting to add in new textures (strat level at the moment) and start to amend EDB and EDU.

A little view of Edward I and a Plantagenet general on the Romney marsh to Dover cliffs coast.

Last edited by wilddog; November 15, 2007 at 04:22 PM.

Looking good, wilddog!

@The Fuzz
    Thanks, I'm slowly making progress, starting to add in the family trees first before I finalise placements on the map and tidy up the regions file. Possibly show the next stretch of coastline with the De Warenne's in the next few days (Beachy head looking towards Lewes). Just need to correct an earlier TGA for John De Warenne.

Got through the basic first update to the EDB and EDU for all the primary factions today. Nothing really new (just time consuming) just setting it up for the amendments I want to make but at least the basic build queues are now all functional.

Here's the view of beachy head towards Lewes with John de Warenne 7th Earl of Surrey.

NagatsukaShumi's Avatar Tiro

Your map is absolutely breathtaking wilddog, your project looks fantastic.
    :::

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Seriously, this is looking great Wild Dog...those Dover cliffs are great! And the skins for the strat map Generals are in my opinion ...perfect!

Nag and Border Reiver - Thanks for the compliments. I'm slowly going through the skins on the Stratmap generals. Doing Richard FitzAlan this morning and setting up the family tree. (Not much to that tree at the start of my campaign). Mainly concentrating on the leader TGA's and a secondary general/Heir figure. I'm just using a basic TGA for captains at the moment.