Thread: When I launch from either the desktop or from the .exe in the mods folder, it says "1648 Konfiguration has stopped working"

Default When I launch from either the desktop or from the .exe in the mods folder, it says "1648 Konfiguration has stopped working"

I feel like it might have something to do with my For King and Country mod that I downloaded recently. It was one of those mods that doesn't let you play vanilla unless you delete everything related to the mod, and so there might be some residual files from that mod that are there, still screwing up 1648. Either that or during my search for For King and Country-related files in steamapps/common/Medieval 2 Total War, I accidentally deleted some files that were necessary for 1648 to run. But vanilla Med2 loads just fine as of now.

Default Re: When I launch from either the desktop or from the .exe in the mods folder, it says "1648 Konfiguration has stopped working"

It could be an issue Windows has with M2TW. Have you tried to restart your computer?

Edit: I have an offline version of the mod which I usually play, but normally you need to be connected to the internet when you launch the mod. This could cause this error. There is a description somewhere in the forum of the 1648 mod on how to launch the game offline.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; December 22, 2017 at 07:26 AM.

Default Re: When I launch from either the desktop or from the .exe in the mods folder, it says "1648 Konfiguration has stopped working"

I have the same problem.I restarted my computer and then I tried to start the mod but it didnt work. I still got the same problem. "konfiguration has stopped working´". I have a clean game and I am on Windows 7.

Sorry, for not replying earlier. This seems to be a Steam-based error. I imagine if your installation is on Steam and you do not have the disk you have to link to the mod launcher in he 1640 main folder. The little Konfiguration window tool will probably not work and so trying to launch the mod using that will also not work. You have to launch it from Steam and if you do so I would be surprised if you receive such a message.

I believe that the For King or Country mod will not work via Steam because it is not based on Kingdoms. You can only use it with the disk version of the game. But the 1648 mod should run on Steam. There is some advice here that may be of use.

I've got the same problem. The configuration doesn't work and when I launch the game through the normal "executable" .bat file, it launches but it's all zoomed in and I can't see the whole screen. Medieval 2 runs fine and I can also run Stainless Steel without any issue, it's just this mod. I tried creating a offline launch .bat file, but it didn't launch the mod at all.

By changing the configuration file manually I managed to switch from windowed mode, and it seems to work fine now with the native resolution it seems I don't need to run the configuration file. My only problem that remains is that all loading screens are in German it seems. I didn't think I was installing the German version, is there any way to change it without reinstalling?

Quote Originally Posted by DaReaperZ View Post
    I've got the same problem. The configuration doesn't work and when I launch the game through the normal "executable" .bat file, it launches but it's all zoomed in and I can't see the whole screen. Medieval 2 runs fine and I can also run Stainless Steel without any issue, it's just this mod. I tried creating a offline launch .bat file, but it didn't launch the mod at all.

By changing the configuration file manually I managed to switch from windowed mode, and it seems to work fine now with the native resolution it seems I don't need to run the configuration file. My only problem that remains is that all loading screens are in German it seems. I didn't think I was installing the German version, is there any way to change it without reinstalling?
    Sorry for not replying earlier. You can rename the folder data/text into something else or delete it, then copy-paste the folder called text-EN and rename the copy into just "text".

The same problem. Impossible to play.

Temporary fix I use is I rename the "americas" (Or any other Kingdoms mod) into "placeholder" and then rename 1648 into "americas" (Or any other Kingdoms mod) and when I run MTW2 using steam I just select Americas and it boots up the mod.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

This looks like the mod isn't patched - the last patch provides a steam compatible desktop shortcut.

The executable in the mod's folder does not work properly to start the game (should still to the 'mutation') since CA merged the kingdoms and medieval2 files, hence the patch.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 23, 2019 at 10:02 PM.