Page 98 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4873888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108123148 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3094

Thread: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

  1. #1941
    Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,460

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Why can't 1 be abolished? An anti-gun government makes anti-gun laws, why can't a pro-gun government make pro-gun laws?

    The fact that matters is that when we get the UK into pro-gun, we DO NOT WANT to hear from the government or from Brussels that because we are still in EU, we still must abide to EU laws.


    I think UKIP raised it. I don't see how that's odd when the point is we DO NOT WANT an additional layers of laws from a SUPERSTATE that require MULTI-NATIONAL VOTES to change.

    You are dancing around this point because you know this is true.
    Not at all. I think it's great that we have a superstate bringing in important regulations that sometimes countries aren't mature enough to bring in themselves. For example: Madrid brought in a low emissions zone in the capital after the European Commission threatened to fine it for breaching EU pollution laws. I absolutely believe that the EU is necessary in the fight against climate change, as it doesn't have to pander as much to the NIMBYism that can so often hamper things that are hard for the electorate to swallow but absolutely necessary for the future of public health and indeed the planet as whole.
    Last edited by Jom; June 01, 2019 at 02:20 AM.

    "For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

  2. #1942

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    LIES.
    When it comes to the referendum, immigration was the top worry for voters:
    https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-...-eu-referendum

    You just called 1/3 of the country racist. Good job.

    It's down in terms of priority now because that HUMAN EXCREMENT that's Sharia May and the LIBERAL RETARDS in her government messed up so hard that people started focusing on that.
    The main issue here is that many liberals have come up with the insane idea that the solution to racism is ethnically cleanse white people, because only white people can be racist. Under that logic, shutting down debate over immigration and calling everyone racist is necessary so that the ethnic cleansing can swiftly continue without interruption.
    Not all Brexiteers are racists but all racists are Brexiteers.

    The referendum didn't promise a home or a adequately paid job,or to reverse austerity, the prime concerns for most Britons.

    The leave campaign did assert that Turkey would join the EU next year ( 2017) and millions of Turks would arrive ( Turkey did not join the EU, buggerall Turks arrived). Those who beleived this crap may or not have been racists but they were certainly fools, treated as complete mugs by Farage and co.




    Brexit has nothing to do with Generation Identity, white genocide bollocks or similar extremist beliefs. Surprised you have the nerve to promote them after Christchurch.

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post

    I think UKIP raised it..

    UKIP is a dead party that told us that racism and rape are sources of amusement rather than of concern. If they mentioned Brexit or the EU at all it was a footnote.

    There is no need for Britons to play with death toys. If any Brit has an issue with that, and there aren't that many beyond criminal gangs and the posh, I suggest that one could get plenty of opportunities to get such immature attitudes about weaponry out of one's system by joining HM Armed Forces.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 01, 2019 at 03:30 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  3. #1943

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    But the referendum didn't promise a home or a adequately paid job,but the leave campaign did assert that Turkey would join the EU next year and millions of Turks would arrive ( Turkey did not join the EU, buggerall Turks arrived. Those who beleived this crap may or not have been racists but they were certainly fools, treated as mugs by Farage and co.


    Brexit has nothing to do with Generation Identity or similar extremist beliefs. Surprised you have the nerve to promote them after Christchurch.
    Forget the turks (which are already in Germany), there are already millions of Pakistanis and indians in the UK. They don't need to fear the coming of the foreigners, they are already here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Not at all. I think it's great that we have a superstate bringing in important regulations that sometimes countries aren't mature enough to bring in themselves.
    So I don't share your opinion, at all. One set of laws is bad enough, to suffer ANOTHER set of laws which cannot be changed by national means.

    So tid tad, bye bye, if you want Brussels, go to Brussels. Leave the rest of Europe the hell alone.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 01, 2019 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Racial slur removed.

  4. #1944

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Forget the turks (which are already in Germany), there are already millions of Pakistanis and indians in the UK. They don't need to fear the coming of the foreigners, they are already here..
    Unacceptable racist dialogue. In any event, the presence of former Commonwealth citizens most of whom by now are born here is nothing to do with the EU.


    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    So I don't share your opinion, at all. One set of laws is bad enough, to suffer ANOTHER set of laws which cannot be changed by national means.

    So tid tad, bye bye, if you want Brussels, go to Brussels. Leave the rest of Europe the hell alone.
    Britain passed it's gun laws following Dunblane and other incidents, buggerall to do with the EU.

    What do you mean by 'suffer'. Are people really suffering from minimum paid holiday, maternity pay and so forth. Is my right to tell my boss that a 48 hour week is enough thank you going to hurt me? Are you seriously asserting the right to swim near British beaches with the assurances that turds and used condoms will be floating by , or do you prefer the EU regulated beaches? Do you want to eat chlorinated chicken? Breathe West Midlands Air, as it was around the 1970s?

    Go on, tell us which law is causing you detriment. I doubt you have given this any real thought.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 01, 2019 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  5. #1945

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Unacceptable racist dialogue. In any event, the presence of former Commonwealth citizens most of whom by now are born here is nothing to do with the EU.

    Britain passed it's gun laws following Dunblane and other incidents, buggerall to do with the EU.

    What do you mean by 'suffer'. Are people really suffering from minimum paid holiday, maternity pay and so forth. Is my right to tell my boss that a 48 hour week is enough thank you going to hurt me? Are you seriously asserting the right to swim near British beaches with the assurances that turds and used condomns will be floating by , or do you prefer the EU regulated beaches? Do you want to eat chlorinated chicken? Breathe West Midlands Air, around the 1970s

    Go on, tell us which law is causing you detriment. I doubt you have you have give this any real thought.
    Again, the fact the foreigners are already here means that more immigration as stated by the EU isn't okay.

    Immigration by Commonwealth and firearm laws are 1.

    Immigration law and firearm laws by EU is 2.

    1 is bad, 2 is bad. Thus, while we haven't abolished 1 for now, it is better to to not get 1+2, so that you can get double-teamed by both laws.

    This is not a hard concept to get.

    And yes, we suffer from all of these laws so I don't want to have 2 when we already have 1, thank you very ing much.

  6. #1946

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Again, the fact the foreigners are already here means that more immigration as stated by the EU isn't okay.
    People born in Britain, or indeed within the British Empire if they are that old, are not foreign.

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Immigration by Commonwealth and firearm laws are 1.

    Immigration law and firearm laws by EU is 2.

    1 is bad, 2 is bad. Thus, while we haven't abolished 1 for now, it is better to to not get 1+2, so that you can get double-teamed by both laws.

    This is not a hard concept to get.

    And yes, we suffer from all of these laws so I don't want to have 2 when we already have 1, thank you very ing much.
    This is gibberish. UK firearm laws are more stringent than the EU norm. The EU has no say on non-EU migration. Free movement of EU nationals bothers some people, how does it affect people really? The great majority of Britons would never encounter one. Unless you are in a profession that requires one, there is no legitimate reason why you should have a handgun. Jo Cox was shot with one, I recall.


    Now specify with EU laws are actually harmful to you. If you were rich enough to be suspiciius of ECOFIN's objective for more tax transparency and it's drive against tax avoidance, I would get it. But you haven't specified anything ,you have brought nothing to the table except some common or garden racism.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 01, 2019 at 03:45 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  7. #1947

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    People born in Britain, or indeed within the British Empire if they are that old, are not foreign.



    This is gibberish. Specify with EU laws are harmful to you. If you were rich enough to be suspiciius of ECOFIN's objective for more tax transparency and it's drive against tax avoidance, I would get it. But you haven't specified anything ,you have brought nothing to the table except some common or garden racism.
    So I guess those damn "Leave"ers have nothing to fear then, since even if Britain import millions of turks, their millions of children of these turks would not be foreign since they are born within Britain. Absolutely NOTHING to fear.

    Again, I have specified it two pages ago:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...arms_Directive

    And no, I don't give a damn crap about economics. UK economy has been crap since Thatcher and only a complete change in government and policies can change that.

  8. #1948

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Not all Brexiteers are racists but all racists are Brexiteers.

    The referendum didn't promise a home or a adequately paid job,or to reverse austerity, the prime concerns for most Britons.

    The leave campaign did assert that Turkey would join the EU next year ( 2017) and millions of Turks would arrive ( Turkey did not join the EU, buggerall Turks arrived). Those who beleived this crap may or not have been racists but they were certainly fools, treated as complete mugs by Farage and co.
    So, you admit you lied before?
    Sorry not sorry, not all white liberals Remainers are racists, but all racists are liberals Remainers and use the same arguments you do. Namely covering up crimes against whites, censoring debate, derail discussions.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 01, 2019 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Flame.

  9. #1949

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    So I guess those damn "Leave"ers have nothing to fear then, since even if Britain import millions of turks, their millions of children of these turks would not be foreign since they are born within Britain. Absolutely NOTHING to fear.

    Britain isn't importing millions of Turks (who are neither EU, nor Commonwealth citizens. Alf Garnett wants his glasses back.

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Again, I have specified it two pages ago:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...arms_Directive.

    The UK is completed unaffected by this directive, as it's laws are stricter than those proposed by the EU. Whast part of this is difficult for you to understand?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    And no, I don't give a damn crap about economics.
    Universal suffrage is wasted on some people.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  10. #1950

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Britain isn't importing millions of Turks (who are neither EU, nor Commonwealth citizens. Alf Garnett wants his glasses back.

    The UK is completed unaffected by this directive, as it's laws are stricter than those proposed by the EU. Whast part of this is difficult for you to understand?

    Universal suffrage is wasted on some people.
    You are dancing the point and I like it:

    - "Leaver"s fear turks who are imported to their country, I say no need to fear because Pakistanis and indians are here, you say they are born within Britain or from the British Empire thus they aren't foreigners so no need to worry, so I bring your logic back to root? Why should the "Leave"ers worry about these turks if the children of these turks are not gonna be foreigner either ways? The logic is astounding.
    And no, read:
    Immigration by Commonwealth and firearm laws are 1.

    Immigration law and firearm laws by EU is 2.

    1 is bad, 2 is bad. Thus, while we haven't abolished 1 for now, it is better to to not get 1+2, so that you can get double-teamed by both laws.

    This is not a hard concept to get.

    And yes, we suffer from all of these laws so I don't want to have 2 when we already have 1, thank you very ing much.
    And LOL, universal suffrage in a ed up economy, nice one mongrel. Yes, it's already wasted.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 01, 2019 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Racial slur removed.

  11. #1951

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post


    Universal suffrage is wasted on some people.
    That's funny you say that because there are only two countries right now where ''universal suffrage'' and ''right to vote'' are bashed: UK and Italy. By whom? White liberals who are losing at the ballot.

    That's how your side intends democracy?

  12. #1952

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    You are dancing the point and I like it:

    - "Leaver"s fear turks who are imported to their country, I say no need to fear because Pakistani and indians are here, you say they are born within Britain or from the British Empire thus they aren't foreigners so no need to worry, so I bring your logic back to root? Why should the "Leave"ers worry about these turks if the children of these turks are not gonna be foreigner either ways? The logic is astounding.

    More unacceptable racism.

    Also is the Queen British, yes or no?


    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    And no, read: .

    Actually you read, the directive does not affect the UK. If we accepted the directive in full, which we are not, we would have to relax our existing sovereign laws, not tighten them. What part of this is passing you by?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    And LOL, universal suffrage in a ed up economy, nice one mongrel. Yes, it's already wasted.
    I voted Brexit, led to fall of Cameron and a shed load of chaos and a market for my skill set. I get promoted and I am quids in. Works for me.Works too for Farage , Rees -Mogg and Mr May, who are able to profit on the uncertainty Brexit caused. Your losers are people like manufacturers. If any of them voted Brexit, they didn't think it through.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 01, 2019 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  13. #1953

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    More unacceptable racism.

    Also is the Queen British, yes or no?
    The Queen has some semite blood in her, but she's not a 1/2 descendant of turk or Pakistani, so yes, she can be considered British.
    Actually you read, the directive does not affect the UK. If we accepted the derective in full, which we are not, we would have to relax our existing sovereign laws, not tighten them. What part of this is passing you by?
    Wrong, the directive DOES affect the UK, just UK currently has stricter gun laws thus it bypasses the EU laws, but in case if the UK abolishes their own gun laws, they are gonna run head way into EU laws because they are EU member.
    How long do I have to repeat this obvious fact to you?
    I voted Brexit, led to fall of Cameron and a shed load of chaos and a market for my skill set. I get promoted and I am quids in. Works for me.
    Yeah, thanks for voting Brexit.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 01, 2019 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Racial slur removed.

  14. #1954
    Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    6,437
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Well there’s lots of silly Brussels regulation that people want rid of. For example farmers that voted to leave often did so because of EU agricultural policy. There’s also stupid laws on how loud our lawnmower is, what desk lamps are okay, how bendy bananas should be, and making it a criminal offence to sell produce using the imperial system.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Nope. There is nothing to suggest dramatically that his heart is giving out. His heart attack is a testament to how well he can recover from something like that.

  15. #1955

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    The Queen has some semite blood in her, but she's not a 1/2 descendant of turk or Pakistani, so yes, she can be considered British..
    Again the use of racist language, you not getting it?

    Semite? Is this the 1930s? She's of German descent. Now about Archie Mountbatten Windsor?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Wrong, the directive DOES affect the UK, just UK currently has stricter gun laws thus it bypasses the EU laws, but in case if the UK abolishes their own gun laws, they are gonna run head way into EU laws because they are EU member...How long do I have to repeat this obvious fact to you?
    Why would we want to abolish our gun laws? There are no plans to, never will be. Only farmers, posh people and professional own them as it should be. Last thing we want is far right nutters commiting the next Jo Cox stunt. I put it to you again are there any actual laws arising from Brussels affecting you right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Yeah, thanks for voting Brexit.
    Only in it for the money, I don't need your thanks. As the policy is undeliverable anyway, I can comment on the policy's many shortcomings with a free conscience.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Well there’s lots of silly Brussels regulation that people want rid of. For example farmers that voted to leave often did so because of EU agricultural policy. There’s also stupid laws on how loud our lawnmower is, what desk lamps are okay, how bendy bananas should be, and making it a criminal offence to sell produce using the imperial system.
    The bendy banana bollocks is a tabloid myth. Noise pollution regulations are there for a reason, or are you seriously suggesting that is is fine for groundskeepers to risk industrial injury, coz it keeps us British. And sorry who the fhell sells things in that ancient measurement system nowadays? It's the 21st century.What next the right to buy goods in groats and marks? I'm sure there is a daft law somewhere, these aren't .

    Trouble is that gullible people buy into this, hence the jumping up and down and shouting when the contradictions of Brexit collide with real life.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 01, 2019 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  16. #1956

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Again the use of racist language, you not getting it?
    Semite? Is this the 1930s? She's of German descent. Now about Archie Mountbatten Windsor?
    Don't know who that is, but the queen has semite blood in her due to her line marrying semites. Look it up. And getting what?

    Why would we want to abolish our gun laws?
    Because UK gun laws are and every civilians ought to be armed, and yes, the brits are still in effect by EU gun laws, but UK laws are stricter THUS bypassing it.

    Only in it for the money, I don't need your thanks. As the policy is undeliverable anyway, I can comment on the policy's many shortcomings with a free conscience.
    Again, thanks for voting Brexit. But until the government is seriously changed, Brexit will not be delivered because the current government does NOT want it to happen.

    And the contradiction of Brexit is this: the british do not want the EU, but the british government and businesses want the EU. But the people have voted for it? So now what to do? The govt engages in a campaign to convince the people that they have been lied to the whole time and they should have voted to Remain all along. What a joke.
    Last edited by REhorror; June 01, 2019 at 06:35 AM.

  17. #1957

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Don't know who that is, but the queen has semite blood in her due to her line marrying semites. Look it up. And getting what?.
    You don't know who Prince Harry's son is, yet call yourself British. Again Semites, so 1930s.


    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Because UK gun laws are and every civilians ought to be armed, and yes, the brits are still in effect by EU gun laws, but UK laws are stricter THUS bypassing it..
    No they damned well don't. I presume you have never touched a firearm in your life. They are not toys. No UK government would be so stupid as to relax our gun laws. Your so-called detriment is in your imagination.


    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Again, thanks for voting Brexit. But until the government is seriously changed, Brexit will not be delivered because the current government does NOT want it to happen.
    The government did change, we had a worse one . The Government has spent three years doing nothing else but try to implement Brexit, do keep up. It failed because the policy is simply undeliverable.

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    And the contradiction of Brexit is this: the british do not want the EU, but the british government
    Some British voters and MPs want Brexit some don't hence stalemate.


    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    and businesses want the EU.
    Of course they damn well do, there reason to exist is to be profitable for pity's sake.


    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    But the people have voted for it? So now what to do? The govt engages in a campaign to convince the people that they have been lied to the whole time and they should have voted to Remain all along. What a joke.
    The Government is doing no such thing. In fact we have no Government right now. I think that would be a sensible thing nontheless, revoke article 50, admit the whole process was flawed, and revisit the project only if the is a genuine reason for doing so other than appease a few bigots and then only if there is a sufficient majority to carry it through.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 01, 2019 at 07:18 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  18. #1958
    Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,460

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by REhorror View Post
    Forget the turks (which are already in Germany), there are already millions of p@kis and indians in the UK. They don't need to fear the coming of the foreigners, they are already here.


    So I don't share your opinion, at all. One set of laws is bad enough, to suffer ANOTHER set of laws which cannot be changed by national means.

    So tid tad, bye bye, if you want Brussels, go to Brussels. Leave the rest of Europe the hell alone.
    By "rest of Europe", do you mean the non-EU/EEA states? Because I don't really care much about them; they're not particularly relevant exactly because they're not part of the largest trading bloc in the world.

    "For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

  19. #1959

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    You don't know who Prince Harry's son is, yet call yourself British. Again Semites, so 1930s.
    Again, don't care who he is. What matters is that he, like his mama, carries semite blood.
    No they damned well don't. I presume you have never touched a firearm in your life. They are not toys. No UK government would be so stupid as to relax our gun laws. Your so-called detriment is in your imagination.
    Yes I do, and guns are just tools, like everything else, and necessary tools they are and every civies ought to be keep them.
    The government did change, we had a worse one . The Government has spent three years doing nothing else but try to implement Brexit, do keep up. It failed because the policy is simply undeliverable.
    Nope, only the face has changed, the government who wanted to Remain remains the same as the last 03 years. There is nothing "undeliverable" about getting out of the EU with no-deal.
    Some British voters and MPs want Brexit some don't hence stalemate.
    They lost the votes, now they are playing the blame game to delay the result for 03 years.
    Of course they damn well do, there reason to exist is to be profitable for pity's sake.
    That reason is the REASON why Brexit hasn't happened, it has nothing to do with the brit's welfare, just wealth for the business.
    The Government is doing no such thing. In fact we have no Government right now. I think that would be a sensible thing nontheless, revoke article 50, admit the whole process was flawed, and revisit the project only if the is a genuine reason for doing so other than appease a few bigots and then only if there is a sufficient majority to carry it through.
    If there is no government right now, why is there still police and why is there still an army, why is there still a Parliament and why hasn't Brexit being carried out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    By "rest of Europe", do you mean the non-EU/EEA states? Because I don't really care much about them; they're not particularly relevant exactly because they're not part of the largest trading bloc in the world.
    No, I meant all of the europeans who do not want the EU, West, East, South and North.
    Last edited by REhorror; June 01, 2019 at 07:38 AM.

  20. #1960

    Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Not at all. I think it's great that we have a superstate bringing in important regulations that sometimes countries aren't mature enough to bring in themselves. For example: Madrid brought in a low emissions zone in the capital after the European Commission threatened to fine it for breaching EU pollution laws. I absolutely believe that the EU is necessary in the fight against climate change, as it doesn't have to pander as much to the NIMBYism that can so often hamper things that are hard for the electorate to swallow but absolutely necessary for the future of public health and indeed the planet as whole.
    A 25 year old political union isn't more "mature" than states dating back to the middle ages, nor is it necessary to "fight against climate change". At no point in the history of the world have countries needed to merge their polities to facilitate international cooperation.

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Not all Brexiteers are racists but all racists are Brexiteers.
    Self-evidently false. The "hostile environment policy" alone shows that there are plenty of remain supporters who have racist tendencies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •