Thread: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Brexit - Time to scrap it and start again?

Quote Originally Posted by 95thrifleman View Post
    I think you'll find the problem isn't Labour, it's Corbyn. Nobody trusts him, he's an unprincipled flip-flopper who should of resigned when he lost a no confidence vote and when he lost an election. I love the hypocrisy of lefties saying Boris has to quit if he loses a vonc, which i don't think he will.

Quite frankly if anyone should lead a remain coalition it's the bloody lib dems.
    The Lib Dems should lead a remain coalition? Really? Not the party with the majority of the popular support, 247 seats and which is actually Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition?? Riiiiight... you'd go for the party with minimal support and only 14 seats. Brilliant idea. I'm sure the Brexiteers will love that.

As for the VONC thing, it triggered a leadership election which Corbyn won. The rules for a parliamentary VONC are quite different to that of the internal Labour Party rules. So I'm really not sure where the accusations of hypocrisy come from. Perhaps you'd like to share whatever Daily Mail/Express article you cribbed that from.

It is very ironic that you call Corbyn a flip-flopper (Yuck, I hate Americanisms!) when Swinson was an vehement believer in Austerity when in coalition and now distances herself from it. While I may not agree with everything Corbyn says or does, he is at least consistent in his beliefs.

Unlike Jo Swinson, who is utterly untrustworthy...
    Last edited by TheLeft; August 15, 2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: wibble