Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Astronauts Board Space Station Implementing Humanity's Best Shot To Become Interstellar

Indefinitely Banned

Default Chinese Astronauts Board Space Station Implementing Humanity's Best Shot To Become Interstellar

Last week, Chinese astronauts boarded the new chinese space station: Tiangong-2, which will become humanity's only off world space station once the ISS burns itself up in a fiery blaze of glory due to US budgeting constraints.

Over in Washington, you could hear the howls of disappointment and frustration as the Americans had tried very, very hard to prevent China from attaining space access. Needless to say, americans are forbidden by their own government in working with Chinese in space, and in any case, american quality simply isn't up to par with what's required for international space research.

Only last week, Chinese Mars rover sent back an epic selfie:

China's Mars rover Zhurong just snapped an epic self-portrait on the Red Planet

Source: https://www.space.com/china-mars-rov...-selfie-photos

And now the russians will be teaming up with China to build humanity's first permanent lunar colony:

European astronauts are already learning Chinese and training to board the Chinese space station

Mind you, this is all in spite of american objections of simply not wanting white europeans work closely with China the way a jealous middle schooler tries to get Becky to stop riding in the new Chinese Jock's Bugatti.

The message is clear: China is the future and China is humanity's last and best hope of building off world colonies and becoming an interstellar species.

China has the drive, the scientists, the men and women (notice how young all the space scientists are), the technology, the finance and power to make it happen.

The United States, simply cannot match the same drive to succeed, and the rest of the world knows it.
    Last edited by Exarch; June 19, 2021 at 09:30 AM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: Chinese Astronauts Board Space Station Implementing Humanity's Best Shot To Become Interstellar

How does its space station do anything that is not a retread of the US and USSR Excarch?

Wow another floating home for people to piddle around in.

Only last week, Chinese Mars rover sent back an epic selfie:
    Umm who does not have a rover or orbiter around Mars...

https://www.pcmag.com/news/persevera...-drone-on-mars
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Chinese Astronauts Board Space Station Implementing Humanity's Best Shot To Become Interstellar

China playing catch up. First American space station launched in 1974. Soviets launched their first in 1971. China finally achieving what major space powers managed to do almost 50 years ago.

Give it time and they might even be able to catch up to current American and Russian space programmes. Should only take a couple decades at this rate.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Ha, Ha, ha. they used US docking mechanism. It's pretty obvious from the pictures; they probably stole it. Also, it's not even as big as Skylab.

Moreover, the US would already have a moon base if Obama hadn't canceled the Constellation program. Under Trump's direction NASA has restarted the Moon base project, so we will be back there very soon unless Xiden cancels it.
    Last edited by B. W.; June 19, 2021 at 11:51 AM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

There is no way this thing is getting anybody close to interstellar travel.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Moreover, the US would already have a moon base if Obama hadn't canceled the Constellation program. Under Trump's direction NASA has restarted the Moon base project, so we will be back there very soon unless Xiden cancels it.
    A moon base to do what?

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    A moon base to do what?
    Moon stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Moon stuff.
    Like find the cheese?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    How does its space station do anything that is not a retread of the US and USSR Excarch?

Wow another floating home for people to piddle around in.

Umm who does not have a rover or orbiter around Mars...

https://www.pcmag.com/news/persevera...-drone-on-mars
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    China playing catch up. First American space station launched in 1974. Soviets launched their first in 1971. China finally achieving what major space powers managed to do almost 50 years ago.

Give it time and they might even be able to catch up to current American and Russian space programmes. Should only take a couple decades at this rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Ha, Ha, ha. they used US docking mechanism. It's pretty obvious from the pictures; they probably stole it. Also, it's not even as big as Skylab.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    There is no way this thing is getting anybody close to interstellar travel.
    What is with this level of salt? The USG brought this on themselves when they tried to exclude China from the ISS and embargoed any nations working with China. The United States government just denied its own people lasting access to interstellar travel because they fear China.

Now, China is humanity's tip of the spear in space research.

I guarantee you, NASA funding will never be as consistent as China's space program and private space companies are only one massive crash disaster away from a ruin. Bezos has to answer to Amazon shareholders and Musk has to answer to Dogecoin holders. This is an incredibly unstable source of funding for space research.

It’s not salt, it’s the fact that no human civilization, not the West, not China, will ever have interstellar capabilities for the rest of this century. We can surf through the solar system, but visiting other star systems remains a thing of science fiction.

Indefinitely Banned

It’s not salt, it’s the fact that no human civilization, not the West, not China, will ever have interstellar capabilities for the rest of this century. We can surf through the solar system, but visiting other star systems remains a thing of science fiction.
    american newspapers once said humans would never achieve flight only moments before the Wright Brothers achieved human flight.

similarly, there's a greater probability that it will be China that ushers in the Star Trek future that humanity needs.

For instance, China will most likely create fusion drives for interstellar travel:
    China maintains 'artificial sun' at 120 million Celsius for over 100 seconds, setting new world record
    Source: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1224755.shtml

Basically, China created a mini sun that was hotter than the Star at the centre of our Solar system

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    american newspapers once said humans would never achieve flight only moments before the Wright Brothers achieved human flight.

similarly, there's a greater probability that it will be China that ushers in the Star Trek future that humanity needs.

For instance, China will most likely create fusion drives for interstellar travel:

Source: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1224755.shtml

Basically, China created a mini sun that was hotter than the Star at the centre of our Solar system
    The leap from cars to airplanes is far smaller than the leap to from Earth orbital space stations to creating a space ship that can travel another solar system.

And I’m glad this development in atomic physics worked out better than the imminent Chernobyl brewing across the bay of Hong Kong. In any case, minute-and-a-half fusion experiments won’t necessarily create a form of motive power to drive humans over four light years go Alpha Centauri.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Rejoice, China caught up on achievements of the last century!

It also caught up with the end of the line where you can skip development and obtain required know how from third parties. And if rumors are to be believed it's the development of new techniques that's taking long periods of time and a disproportional larger portion of money then the building of stuff you come up with.

Creating fusion isn't exactly hot (pun intended), new technology either. Putting it in a box and using it as propulsion will be. And THAT technology doesn't exist yet. It stands to reason that it will be required for your hyped interstellar travel as solid fuel simply won't do the trick. And if China wants to achieve that first then it will actually have to do research from scratch - not something the country has much of a record of as of late.

Indefinitely Banned

The leap from cars to airplanes is far smaller than the leap to from Earth orbital space stations to creating a space ship that can travel another solar system.

And I’m glad this development in atomic physics worked out better than the imminent Chernobyl brewing across the bay of Hong Kong. In any case, minute-and-a-half fusion experiments won’t necessarily create a form of motive power to drive humans over four light years go Alpha Centauri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post

Rejoice, China caught up on achievements of the last century!

It also caught up with the end of the line where you can skip development and obtain required know how from third parties. And if rumors are to be believed it's the development of new techniques that's taking long periods of time and a disproportional larger portion of money then the building of stuff you come up with.

Creating fusion isn't exactly hot (pun intended), new technology either. Putting it in a box and using it as propulsion will be. And THAT technology doesn't exist yet. It stands to reason that it will be required for your hyped interstellar travel as solid fuel simply won't do the trick. And if China wants to achieve that first then it will actually have to do research from scratch - not something the country has much of a record of as of late.
    Look, america had the chance to bring humanity to off world colonies from 1989 when the soviets gave up their space tech to america; and what did the anglos do with it?
    SFA.

It now falls to the Chinese to ensure humanity's continued survival, and China has been making concrete steps to achieving this.

Anglo america for instance, failed to get to this level of fusion research despite all of that capital and wealth.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 20, 2021 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Inflammatory.

China hasn't developed a new technology since paper and gunpowder. These days the only way China gets a new technology is theft. Perhaps if they spent a little less money oppressing their citizens, conducting genocides, and employing armies of trolls to go on English-speaking boards to desperately shill for them, they might not be so backwards.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    China hasn't developed a new technology since paper and gunpowder. These days the only way China gets a new technology is theft. Perhaps if they spent a little less money oppressing their citizens, conducting genocides, and employing armies of trolls to go on English-speaking boards to desperately shill for them, they might not be so backwards.

Can't you guys see this is a net good for Humanity?

I remember as a kid in the 90s and 2000s waiting for the off planet colony which america's movies promised us but never came to be. Instead, it is China which has carried on the torch for humanity. I mean, check this out:

I aint seen the ISS have its own crawling arm, powered by AI.

EDIT:
    The truly inspiring story here is that all 3 of these taikonauts came from poor, rural backgrounds:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In fact, they interviewed their parents when these Taikonauts set off for the heavens:
    https://twitter.com/willehelmwonka/s...59787117604866

The fact that the USG mandates by law and forbids americans to cooperate with Chinese in space does resemble that jealous middle schooler getting all stalker and school shooter like when classmates go to the Chinese Jock's party in Malibu.

For Sour Grapists who whine about the cost of space exploration, need i remind them that China eliminated poverty whilst americans are mired in deep poverty and debt and homelessness as Bezos tries to beat Musk in the american billionaires' space race.

Space exploration is an unavoidable Must in the 21st C. as Carl Sagan put it: until we can build off world colonies, we can't rest easy in our place in the universe; well always be at risk of extinction if we're relegated to Earth.

In fact, Carl Sagan would most likely identify as Chinese in the 21st C.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 21, 2021 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Disruptive.

Blog Entries

I aint seen the ISS have its own crawling arm, powered by AI.
    I ain't seen a Chinese space vehicle with one either - do spare yourself the embarrassment of cherry picking.

The fact that the USG mandates by law and forbids americans to cooperate with Chinese in space ..\snip the idiotic comparison
    You do know that's because of human rights abuses, right?

... need i remind them that China eliminated poverty whilst americans are mired in deep poverty and debt and homelessness \snip superfluous drivel
    Do I dare ask for comparing facts?

Space exploration is an unavoidable Must in the 21st C. as Carl Sagan put it: until we can build off world colonies, we can't rest easy in our place in the universe; well always be at risk of extinction if we're relegated to Earth.
    In fact, Carl Sagan would most likely identify as Chinese in the 21st C.
    Humanity has to take itself to other planets because it's own viral nature (endless, compounding multiplication and resource depletion\killing) will destroy their habitat here in the foreseeable future. Doesn't need a Sagan to realize that, wouldn't make him identify as a Chinese either.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I ain't seen a Chinese space vehicle with one either - do spare yourself the embarrassment of cherry picking.
    I just showed everyone in the last post, did you get so emotional about america losing the space race you couldn't bear to watch the vid?

I mean, this is the level of McCarthyist idiocy coming from your dear leaders:
    China space station’s giant robotic arm sparks concerns in US

Source: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...ks-concerns-us

Getting plenty of middle schooler school shooter energy from the US in this.

You do know that's because of human rights abuses, right?
    Disingenuous assertion; when the United States has no issues working with other nations in Space like Russia, it's clear that deep tinted racial animosity and jealousy lie at the heart of american leaders. This is why american leaders have encouraged pogroms against Asians in America.

Do I dare ask for comparing facts?
    china eliminated poverty early this year, this is a fact; naturally the next step for a society that has eliminated poverty should be to colonise the stars for homo sapiens.

Humanity has to take itself to other planets because it's own viral nature (endless, compounding multiplication and resource depletion\killing) will destroy their habitat here in the foreseeable future. Doesn't need a Sagan to realize that, wouldn't make him identify as a Chinese either
    Negative, it's clear that the United States failed Sagan, failed to colonise the solar system after being gifted the space research of the Soviets.

Instead, the anglo leaders of the United States persisted in wars on Terra rather than building towards a common future of prosperity for humanity. American society is simply incapable of producing the sort of leadership that will lead humanity to the stars.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I just want to say, I see the purpose and it's being very very effectively done. Bravo I guess.

Everyone's biting, may as well spit it out sooner than later.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Commodus View Post
    Everyone's biting, may as well spit it out sooner than later.
    It's fun occasionally, but I do agree.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast