Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you find the general balancing of battles after the latest patch(for me is completely broken)

Default Re: How do you find the general balancing of battles after the latest patch(for me is completely broken)

To be honest I'm getting way more heroic victories since the patch and I'm playing on hard, so I think you're going something wrong if you feel ai is too strong in battle.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: How do you find the general balancing of battles after the latest patch(for me is completely broken)

If you have legionaires from other submod, they do not have new stats so obviously they will not be balanced.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I also like new battles mechanics a lot more. Funny thing that I have started loosing sometimes. This happens first time in many years playing DEI. I wanted to rage quite after couple of such loses in a row. Armies replenishment skills are actually meter now. Before full stack of heavy Romans barely loose 200-300 man in any battle where half of the loses was due to friendly fire. Morale penalties I think now also meter a lot. I was having couple of battles in provinces with destroyed infrastructure and I have lost miserably. I suspect that was due to moral debuffs from out of supply effect and latest changes in addition. Units without crazy moral (like legionnaires) are routing very often now so troops reserves are really mandatory. I have a feeling that latest changes to javelins potentially lead to heavy loses on first impact. I cant tell for sure but I think that I have lost one battle because of this. My line of heavy infantry was waiting for too long to attack. I waited for AI melee troops to throw all javs into me as usually and then wait for the charge to hold the ground. I was very surprised to see my line being destroyed quite fast. I think that 1 stack of heavy infantry can no longer get an easy victory against 1.5 - 2 stacks as it was before. AI will simply bombard you with Javs to death and then simply use numeric advantage to finish you. Honestly new update feels like a refreshing breath. Well done.

Leonardo's units haven't been updated to the new DEI stats yet. But it looks like someone made a temporary patch for it https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...htext=Leonardo

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

well what to say, i have tested the mod without Leonardos submod.... maybe something didnt update correctly in my part, maybe re installing rome will solve it i dont know. But nonetheless surely i have the latest patch from Dei and tested the Dei legionaries without any other submods messing up the stats.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Considering the fact that you have played with submods altering battles and unit stats and this being mods not properly updated and how other users fail to replicate your results, my suggestion would be to try to start over. Clean out your folders and such. Make a completely fresh start.
    I know from other modded games that this can sometimes be necessary to ensure that everything is back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably it is a problem on my configuration, in any case the point of the thread was not to state specifically that something is wrong with Dei or the CA patch, but it was to ask the community if , IF they have the same issues with me.
    I will try to test up things more and see what i get, thanks for the feedback.

Patrician

I can check if unit stats are good if you will upload some screenshots. You can show units that you think underperform.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; December 04, 2017 at 07:19 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    well what to say, i have tested the mod without Leonardos submod.... maybe something didnt update correctly in my part, maybe re installing rome will solve it i dont know. But nonetheless surely i have the latest patch from Dei and tested the Dei legionaries without any other submods messing up the stats.
    ALWAys start clean after a big release or update buddy.

I'm impressed that armor values and model appearance have been synced up far more than before. Stamina level inconsistencies have been cleaned up.

Movement speed has been my only nitpick so far. Told some lightly armored Galatians to walk away from enemy Bronze Shield Pikes in phalanx. Both units had the same fatigue level. The Bronze Shields closed the gap with them fairly quickly. Their status did not indicating they were "running", whatever that means for a unit in phalanx.

Oh, and javelins/skirmishers. This is tricky and I'm trying to lower my expectations here. Putting Velites in front to screen for my valuable heavy infantry is sub-optimal. It's better to let heavy infantry absorb the blows and save your Velites for flanking maneuvers. It's far better to flank with javelins than it is to flank with shock infantry in my experience. But, I have no idea how the situation could be improved.
    Last edited by Kolaris8472; December 04, 2017 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris8472 View Post
    I'm impressed that armor values and model appearance have been synced up far more than before. Stamina level inconsistencies have been cleaned up.

Movement speed has been my only nitpick so far. Told some lightly armored Galatians to walk away from enemy Bronze Shield Pikes in phalanx. Both units had the same fatigue level. The Bronze Shields closed the gap with them fairly quickly. Their status did not indicating they were "running", whatever that means for a unit in phalanx.
    That's why we need your reports guys. To fix such occasional unbalanced entries.

The great part about this change (other than more dynamic battles and the obvious stuff) is that we can actually balance units directly now. So if there are units that are outliers, please report as Greek Strategos said.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Would it make sense to make a balance discussion sticky, maybe? For people to report things like that.

You can just use the feedback thread to report specific units being out of place. To be fair, this thread is a result of a mod conflict - the "completely broken" part of the title that is. Of course, that will probably attract anyone who doesn't like our battles to bump this thread in the future

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You can just use the feedback thread to report specific units being out of place. To be fair, this thread is a result of a mod conflict - the "completely broken" part of the title that is. Of course, that will probably attract anyone who doesn't like our battles to bump this thread in the future
    The OP wrote ''for me'' though. It's something.

after some deleting and re downloading things seem to have smooth en out a bit, the battles are different but not unbeatable as they were before, but yet still iam noticing that iam seeing far less kill animations than in the previous version, is there anyone else noticing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    after some deleting and re downloading things seem to have smooth en out a bit, the battles are different but not unbeatable as they were before, but yet still iam noticing that iam seeing far less kill animations than in the previous version, is there anyone else noticing this?
    That is WAD (working as designed) match combat is now much less frequent and as result we have smoother battles and less bugs.

Patrician

Well kill animations happen more often and have much larger variety, just animations that do not lead to kills happen less.

ok thanks for the feedback guys, and for the greatest mod of RTW2

Patrician

And just to let you, we will do additional work on kill animations so their variety will most likely increase.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast