Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: [Custom Mod] Age of Crusades - 1105AD (Roleplay Hotseat)

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: [RPHS] Age of Crusades - 1105AD

Turks subbed, Byz
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/xr6opj

Since I was fighting against myself, I don't think pics are necessarry

Byz subbed, my turns done, pics along with every pics in other HS-s in the evening.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/270rxq

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Scotland - http://www.mediafire.com/file/idatu8...and_9.sav/file

In an act of treachery the Kingdom of Sicily has sided with the cowardly dogs of Venice and have camped near the holy city of Rome with their combined armies of over 4000 men. Pope Paschal is outraged by this act and demands every christian to come and defend the church against such barbarity. The walls of Rome have been fortified and the supplies have been brought from all over the countryside for a long time siege. Over 2500 papal soldiers are now tasked to defend the Pope and the holy cities against its invaders however it is unknown whatever or not it will be enough. But God is with us and the church will triumph once more by the might and glory of our Lord!

Regarding the situation with England and France I will give my response next turn as I find myself in a very difficult position right now.

Scotland waited for me, so he'll be given an extension.

Genova up ! http://www.mediafire.com/file/bz14ud...C_Genova_9.sav

David Dunkeld returns to Caen from the battle against the Robber Baron's at Rennes, to which the French send their appreciation and gratitude. They extend an invitation to the city of Paris, to which they humbly accept. But there is more news which is more urgent, David learns that Robert Curthose has returned to the South of Caen of his absence. This would certainly need to be dealt with, and David hoped this was his chance to rid Robert of his brother's land once and for all..........

I will need extention.

"Enough" - said ruler of Genoa. For too long already German Caiser occupied northen Italy oppress and plunder its people. Enough of saffering of his beloved Italian brothers from the lands North from Genoa. Someone has to finnaly end this, but who could stop them? Who would have enough strength to face mighty HRE. The cause was that worst that one from the biggest Italian kingdom (Venice) betrayed its kind by allying with occupant. The cause seemd to be doomed to failure, but this couldn't stop the brave King of Genua. He gatthered an army and marched north to free people of Mediolan. After having succes and taking Mediolan Consul Antonio come to conclusion that in order to secure Italian people from Caiser's rage, he have to overthrone Consus of Venice. This way Caiser would lost his supporter and Consul Antonio would become strong enough to protect his country even against might of Holly Roman Empire. However Consul know that he must act quickly before Caiser can counter atack. Soon after Venice also fall to the Genoa army. From that point Consult lead his army towards Innsbrock from where he expect German army to come. However he stop his army before reaching border of his Kingdom. Why should he continue to fight if his goal has been already reached? He send his messenger to the caiser with offer of long term peace if only caiser will resign from his conquest in Italy and will recognize Antonio as a rightfull ruller of Genoa, Milan and Venice. Consul hope that will be enough to secure peace in Italy, as enough Italian blood has been already has been spill, but he is also aware that it may not as Caiser may not get along with his loss. Antonio awaits Caiser's answer, if Caiser refuse then Antonio will lead his army through Alps to face HRE army head to head and chase them out of Italy for good.

PS Sorry for mistakes, English isn't my first language and it is already night and I do not have much time for corrects. Also I want to move turn foreward already. I will try to find tomorrow time to correct this post
    PS2 GG LPL

Novgorod up
    https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/WPRiKCqd/file.html

Pics
    https://imgur.com/a/bPrJCu2
    Also took Milan with OO and siege eq and assasinated HRE's priest with 52% (forgot to take pic, I can send them tomorrow if Capitan Norway wish to see it)
    Last edited by Potatoto; June 30, 2018 at 11:23 AM.

Damn, LPL dead.

First lesson of hotseating: Always put spies in your capital

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

ArBo's Avatar Senator

May LPL's legacy outlive his abruptly ended presence on the world theater.
    Danes up - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bn...fPFGaeB_OYVenv

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

In oher news, PeaMan is our new Poland, and zender9 took the Seljuks.

The French state was in a sense of near panic, as the ill news of the last seasons , came rolling inward like a bad storm , as one event, after event hit the provinces of the struggling kingdom. The French coastal town of Bruges fell against French robber baron forces, and the French kings nephew , Ralph Capet died, sword in hand , trying to hold the isolated town against the enemy superior troops with there greater numbers. Such a attempt was sure to fail without support , and this was support, the French king could not send , without a diplomatic reassurance from the anglo-norman forces which lurked off the coast and this he did not have , with additionally no response on his preposed treaty.

More war was yet to follow as the French Robber Baron leader , Elias de Maine's used the time, to unleash his siege of Tours , rendering and smashing the defending forces , into submission ,with his armoured troops, as the robber baron looked over his new estates. In the north , the anglo-normans struck in turn , assaulting and capturing the coastal town of Bruge , where another assault on the town , sent most of the civlians into hysterics at the pain and suffering , all around them , not just once, but twice this season. Now the flag of the anglo-normans flew on the towns walls and the English king sent the French king , a note , that he had removed the rabble that ruled Bruge and that it was under firm leadership once again. He further boasted that the location was eminently suitable to increase English naval superiority in the face of holy-roman empire naval growth.

King Phillip didn't know what to think about the English king , as it seemed a ill thing to do , to boast of his naval superiority and his rule of order inside Bruge, on what they considered sovereign French territory , and the French court was filled with righteous anger at the news. Phillip calmed the court , with much waving of hands and soft words, and a message was sent out to the English king , reaffirming that they should return rightful French territory {Bruge} to its lawful king. In the meanwhile , other documents were sent out to Robert Curthose, for if the English king , sought to keep French lands, then Robert might be a usefull ally to have on the French side. If on the other hand , England returned French territory , perhaps such a alliance would not be necessary.

Louie , prince of france, had gathered most of the cavalry of the central and western regions and laid siege to Tours , hoping to sneak spies inside, which was achieved , but little productive results had occurred , and so a siege had been started, as the French forces, sought to make some-sort of result out of the garrison troops which had perished to this most difficult of foes. Several other nobles had arrived with extra infantry troops which were well received , but Louie had another task for them and sent them east , towards the town of Nevers.

{coat of arms for town of Nevers}

The nobles rode hard, eager to hurry to their task , so that if all went well, they could perhaps return to the siege of Tours , ever confident that failing in there task, would be inconceivable. The fort south of the town , had been captured before , by King Phillip himself , but the garrison which previously held it , had been called to help the defence of Tours , and the chateau had been left bereft of defenders to secure the wall. In such absence , a rebel company of knights had taken the chateau for there own purposes which stopped the flow of supplies , moving southwards from the capital to the war front , and such knights would have to be "moved".

Phillip Capet , Amaury de Foix and Fulk d'Anjou had arrived with there own personal bodyguard, and met the leader of the rebel knightly company who had taken control of the fortress and negotiations began immediately under a tent which had be positioned between the forces. In such times, there was little need for siege combat , as spies had entered the fort earlier in the season, and had damaged the gates, forcing a confrontation, but the nobles decided to settle such rights to the fortress with a tournament, which was held outside the town of Nevers, with the victor of the tourney winning control of the fort.

The tourney lasted the day, with the towns people coming out to observe the entertainment of nobles jousting and hurting each other in the contest of arms ,whilst merchants and other trade people, sold there wares to the watching public, who greatly enjoyed the viewing spectacle, under the pleasant sounds of the troubadours who played there music throughout the event.

{words to the lyrics:-
    I should lead a happy life,
    sweet creature,
    if only you truly realized
    that you where the cause of all
    my concern.
    Lady of cheerful bearing,
    pleasing, bright and pure,
    often the woe I suffer
    to serve you loyally

makes me say 'alas!'
    And you may be sure
    that I can in no wise
    go on living like this, if it lasts
    any longer

For you are merciless to me
    and pitilessly obdurate,
    and have put such longing
    into my heart

that it will certainly die
    a most dismal death,
    unless for its relief
    your mercy is soon
    ready.
    }

But the French nobles ,were well trained against the lesser nobles from the east, who were thoroughly beaten both on the jousting and in the melee , without taking any casualties , [although there were plenty of bruises and broken limbs], but the other side was not so lucky. Phillip Capet , showed some of his knightly chivalry paying for treatment and lodgings for some of the other rebel knights , who were losing there base of operations .

---------------------------

A diplomat arrived in Dublin savouring the pleasant people who were happy with there lot, and dismay at his lodging in this poor town, as he spent his time cementing a new treaty with the Scottish, further cementing ties of friendship for both parties . There were interesting drinks and many of his days disappeared into the ether, before he moved ever northwards to cross into the main English mainland , to see what his hosts had bid him see , the beautiful highlands of Scotland.

---------------------

Baldwin sighed with his wine , on the table , at the news of the fall of the house of Venice. Such a thing happening certainly weakened the support for the Holyland at this time, as the Turkish forces, spread there control ever wider as even now ,besieging the city of Damasus. He took another swig , grimacing at the taste, as his thoughts of despair at the Italian lands , as they destroyed each other , at the cost of protections to the Holy City.

Turn to Holy Roman Empire

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dmjsk8a5z...anE_9.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; July 04, 2018 at 03:46 PM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

why was the spy used ...surely not for naval actions?

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Its assassinated. I wanted to combine pictures, so it will take less effort to upload etc.