Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: [Custom Mod] Age of Crusades - 1105AD (Roleplay Hotseat)

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: [Custom Mod] Age of Crusades - 1105AD (Roleplay Hotseat)

Aexodus sadly left all hotseats, including this one, so I have to bring something up again, but for the final time, as the entire east is playerless.

This hotseat is the second oldest hotseat currently. It is turn 50, soon 51, and things have unquestionably become slow. That's not to say there are any issues, the HS is stable, we have players for the majority of factions, but things are relatively boring despite all. So, there would be no need for intervention. All that said, This is one of the first hotseats I've ever done, with a mod I've worked on, and considering its age, I care about it deeply. That means that I want this to be an experience that is complete at least, and memorable at best. So, I want to ask your opinion about ways we can go forward. I ask everyone to vote, and vote in this thread by commenting something.

a) I care about this HS, and I want it to simply run it's course until we all get bored.

b) I don't care about this HS as much, but I want it to simply run it's course until we all get bored.

c) I care about this HS, but things are boring. There should be some minor things changed or introduced so there are new possibilites. (We only talk about this if this wins, but expect changes regarding the middle east, things that would accelarate the muslims fall, so the focus can be shifted back to the European theater)

d) The Hotseat should be ended gracefully. However, and this is my own comment: If we end now, I am planning to make this a "legacy" hotseat, which means that a new campaign scenario would be crafted based on the ending of this, where progression and diplomacy is reseted, but teritorries mostly stay the same expect the teritorries held by muslims where I would have to "guess" on how they are partitioned.

Note that option d) would mean a new hotseat where you could participate, but you wouldn't have to.

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

I answer b)
    I'm not super into this hotseat anymore, but I'd still like to continue playing it and see how the crusade will go. Scotland has still lot of action

I vote on option a.

Option c is really bad I think. I do not think Seljucks should be changed. I do not think Seljucks were overpowered all thinks considered and and if they would defeat other factions then that would be just well deserved win and should be left to claim it. Also they do not have easy way to to so. There are lots of crusading armys coming for them and even if they would beat them back, then still there could be next crusaders coming for them. They are bassicly fighting all other players with only Fatimids on their side.

Option d would be the first in which Genoa would be one of the major powers on the map

my vote is A and D
    with i'm still interested in continuing the game; The Danes have yet to prove themselves against the infidels; but also partition the holy land with the "Legacy" edition sounds fun.

hmmm my feelings about this hotseat and what i would like planned for it?

i kinda like the aspirations of the early hotseat , besides being trounced having the rebel attack then smashed by a combined english-scottish assault, which really left france hanging on by its fingernails....but its kinda hard to have make RP when are reduced to such a state[but i tried for a while despite little happening for our faction}, but i think the early enthusiasm for such a RP type of hotseat running close to history was quickly quashed, and the resumption of just a normal HS has taken its place.....

does it have a future? [shrugs] i really dont know.....happy to continue france to the best of my ability , but its really a matter of player availability and enthusiasm? and perhaps the only person that could judge that,is a person that keeps track of such things?

for the future of this hotseat if it continues , my thoughts? - well i would somesort of historical input from the admin to represent some of the events of history to shape peoples turn and provide more RP ..but to be honest, i dont think many will want this, or have the time to act on it ,if inacted.......perhaps the most realistic it to let the HS meander in the same old way, finish the crusade, [at least to some form of draw or settlement} before going back to shaping European history, whilst perhaps the islamic factions have some historical issues of their own? but again, i will wait to see what mergor and the rest of the group agree with

PBOB

edit : my vote would be for "a"
    Last edited by paladinbob123; June 05, 2021 at 04:56 AM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...oC_Pope_51.sav

vote still ongoing, but I subbed Egypt

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

for me this hotseat has become stale, my turns are done in four minutes.
    So i'd like some changes to it, either ending it (d) and setting up a followup or getting the crusade out of the way.

I think the crusade is what is holding back the fun for me atm. also population growth has become a real issue, at least in the HRE settlements, where you need stacks to maintain the public order

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

From me it is either c or d to to spice things up, because I don't care that much as of now, given my current situation, so if the majority wants a or b, I am fine with that aswell.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Hello!

I play with Poland. I am a new player in this hotseat. So I do not want vote....
    In my opinion mergor has to sub some player, and the Turkeys throne is empty.... That it is wrong.

Have a nice day guys!

Hello!

Mergor asked me a answer. So D.

scots: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...otland_T51.sav

I personally prefer option c) and d) though it should be discussed prior in what way one can spice up the game or how a new game with this setting might look

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

My preference would also go with D. I think we could do with a fresh start

There have been
    3 votes on a); 1 vote on b); 3 votes on c); and 3 votes on d);
    At least 5 people also thought that d) was kinda a good idea.

There is no clear majority, so I have decided to create a solution that could be good for a majority. (Not all, unfortunately, but then again, doing nothing would be worse)
    - The hotseat will end on turn 60-61, then I'll do option d) and make a legacy game of the HS
    - Egypt and the Turks will behave differently and I won't be playing to the best of my abilities (even less so then before)
    - Egypt will be more agressive and careless since they already lost their heartland
    - Turks will try to be defensive and keep Constantinople and Antioch

Just because the HS ends in ~10 turns and there will be a legacy game after, there should not be treaty breaks or deviations from the RP. The Crusade will be as succesful as you can make it in the remaining time.

Turn times will be more enforced than before, but I am changing it to 48 hours / turn. If somebody is late, I'll let him be late with good reason.

Let's try to have fun in the remaining time

My turn will be done tomorrow

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

Option D is my vote, even if I'm late to the party. (Been a bit busy)
    I'm with Norway, on only playing for short periods. There isn't much I can do but wait (for a third of the hotseat XD )

Novgorod up
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jf0...ew?usp=sharing

I took few Fatymid's forts as well as Cair itself with spys. I also reach its Calif with both my stacks and defeated him. I also defeated twice foreward Seljuck's ship stack. Btw it seem like public order in newly taked Fatymid settlements will make it impossible for me to hold them.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    Novgorod up
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jf0...ew?usp=sharing

I took few Fatymid's forts as well as Cair itself with spys. I also reach its Calif with both my stacks and defeated him. I also defeated twice foreward Seljuck's ship stack. Btw it seem like public order in newly taked Fatymid settlements will make it impossible for me to hold them.
    you can prevent them from rebelling by reloading until they don't rebel, but they will still damange buildings and garrisons...

Content Emeritus

Sorry for the delay guys. Will play tomorrow

Content Emeritus