Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: [Custom Mod] Age of Crusades - 1105AD (Roleplay Hotseat)

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [RPHS] Age of Crusades - 1105AD

Poland Up
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9lroia...C_Poland_1.sav

A new dawn in Russian history starts
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Denmark up - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ge...Jw-7N-q0NrBXbt

And so it begins. The forces of the English Crown mobilize to take down the rebels at Caernarvon, while slumbering conflicts all over Europe begin to stir. Who shall be remembered, and who forgotten in the endless pit of history? Only time will tell...

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I will approach this hotseat tomorrow. Getting too late this eve for me to do anything effectively, especially the literary part.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Google drive is requiring me to sign in with the above download link - please fix the sharing options.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

ArBo is away and he can hardly afford to even upload links. I can't really afford to sub him now, so we'll have to be patient.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Eh, oh well. Won't kill me to wait for a bit :p

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

From the coast beside Arhus

The King of Denmark watched the cold, calm water of the bay pass by as he stood by the coast in furs and armor. There was a nip in the air, but it didn’t bother him much. All that bothered him was what he saw in the waves. He saw the shadow of war. Not immediate war, perhaps, but war in years to come. War involving his son. A fairly smart prince, but a new prince. New to the way of the world, to the ways of diplomacy. To the ways of peace, as well as war. But, god willing, he would teach his son to be wise. If such a thing could be taught. It wasn’t, in his experience.

He turned to face the man besides him. An old Viking, still relevant in this age of Catholic faith. King Niel grunted at him and gave him a tap on his armored shoulder. Then, the two old friends turned and began walking back to town.

A long war it will be. He can feel it in his bones…

The Siege of Castle Galway

“Ladders? What ladders?”

Logmaor scowled at the usually seasoned Viking. He was great on the ship, but he didn’t know how to put a ladder up? “Make them! Chop down some trees, put them together like you know you’ll be climbing them, and have them ready. It would be great if you put some bigger ladders together, but I’ll help with those. Just… make some ladders for now, yes?”

The old Viking… seemed to understand. At least, he turned and started walking to the forest. Logmaor looked at the old Irish castle, a symbol of Irish control. He had many more men than they did, he could already tell that. But, with the lack of any true siege equipment, he was in for a long siege.

That was fine.

The King of Denmark and the rightful ruler of the great North has staked an official claim upon a fair chunk of Ireland, and officially recognizes the Scots as having a claim should they wish to take it and should they remain in good standing.

Onto the Sicilians,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s7...ZI_1neeXHTkmWR

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

France up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/3fgbct

King Roger was busy writing letters towards the neighbouring countries and aswell to his great benefactor, towards his Holiness himself. Being still so young but already controlling a whole kingdom and taking part in the Great Crusade weigh him down heavily with pressure, but Roger takes on these challenges everyday. With the first crusade being a success and now that he created a foothold he was glad that so far everything goes for him as he prayed for and as god willed it.
    With his good relationship with the pope, he assured his Holiness that the holy lands will be protected and will do whatever it takes to make it stay that way. However a recent message from the turkish sultan made him thinking. The turks sent a letter about a 5 year of peace, a peace that will allow pilgrims and caravans going unharmed on their roads within the holy lands. Roger while was a religious men and was ready to do anything for his religion he valued the life of his men and a 5 year of peace would ensure that his foothold can grow strong. For the time being he accepted this deal and sent an answer letter back towards the turkish sultan, containing that he accepts the 5 year of truce for now and that he gives his word that no raiding parties will attack from the crusaders.
    His last letter he wrote was sent towards the pope with questions of where does his Holiness want to lead the christian kingdoms and about the city of florence which ownership was put on the table by the Holy Roman Emperor.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

just asking for a rule clarification and then I will finish my turn...

I note at the bottom a rule states..."Agent limit now tied to the number of settlements you have"

I wonder whether this applies to all agents as in merchants , diplomats etc...or does it just apply to those which can be more active , such as spies, assasins etc?

regards

PBOB

It applies to spies and assasins. Everything else is normal.

kk my thax...I should have the turn out later today with some RP [bows]

[Coat of arms of house Capet or also called the House of France (la maison de France) ]

[King Phillip I , of France]

King Phillip sighed , as he heard the heralds, pronounce another lord into his presence, no doubt to ask the crown for another favour, or complaining of the bandits on the highways.

The House of Capet , had taken over the kingship of the franks , when the last of the Carolingians died with Louis V, known as "the do-nothing" [French: Louis le Fainéant, the franks liked to name there kings with a nicknames ] and so a nobleman from Paris had been elected King and thus the first of there line , Hugh Capet , had founded the Capetians line .

Phillip's troubles had started from his childhood , as he took the throne at seven years old, although his mother , Ann of Kiev , and Baldwin V of Flanders acted as regents until he was fourteen.

After Baldwin VI's death, however, Robert [the Frisian] disputed the succession of Arnulf and entered Ghent with the intent of taking Flanders for himself. Richilde [Baldin VI wife] appealed to him [king phillip] who summoned Robert to appear before him. Robert refused and continued his war with Richilde at which point Philip I amassed an army which he brought to Flanders. His army was accompanied by Norman troops, probably sent by Queen Matilda [of England]and led by William FitzOsborn. William had an interest in marrying Richilde but he was killed in battle at Cassel, which battle was joined on 22 February 1071. In that engagement Robert's forces were ultimately victorious but Robert himself was captured and his forces in turn captured the Countess Richilde. Both were freed in exchange and the battle continued to its conclusion. Among the dead was Arnulf III, killed by Gerbod the Fleming, 1st Earl of Chester who apparently fought for Robert. As a result of the battle Robert claimed the countship of Flanders. The Countess Richilde and her son Baldwin returned to Hainaut but continued to instigate hostilities against Robert.

Count Robert [of Flanders] eventually gained the friendship of King Philip I of France by offering him the hand in marriage of his stepdaughter, Bertha of Holland.

Phillip , was then later called the "Amorous" , because of his state of affairs with the frowned upon marriage to Bertrade de Montfort [this montfort family gets around], the wife of Fulk , count of Anjou. Phillip had tired of Bertha in 1090, repudiated her as "too fat" , and had sought comfort in the arms of Bertrade, countess of Evreux. Bertrade had fell in love with the king , and they were married in 1093 [queen bertha dying a year later in 1094], despite his and her status as being married to others, which had called down the wraith of the church. Despite the fear of excommunication , they still lived together , although the current Pope's Urban II's decree had stopped him , from joining the crusade , which meant he left france's responsibilities in that matter , to his brother , Hugh. [Later , Bertrade managed to make Phillip and Fulk , Count of Anjou , become friends, I don't know how she did that, but let us , just say she was a persuasive woman ]

But there was still much to do , as his father , had lost much ground to his surrounding foes , which ever clammered for more land at every step. Soon he had brought the french kingdom some security, by getting lands by treaty and by the sword in the north , and equally secured some of the more troublesome French Dukedom's in the south, but evermore problems had arisen in his kingdom.

[the sword of the Constable of France]

To dealt with such issues , he had created a new position of "Constable of France", who would be the First Officer of the Crown, and was one of the original five Great Officers of the Crown of France (along with seneschal, chamberlain, butler, and chancellor) and Commander in Chief of the army. He, theoretically, as Lieutenant-general of the King, outranked all the nobles and was second-in-command only to the King. In 1060 , he appointed Alberic [later others]as constable , to help secure his kingdoms against the many threats, and there were many...

[pic : Louis , Son of King Phillip I of france]

His son , Louis [from his first wife, Bertha ] , with the constable , set about reducing the threats in the lands, particularly from "robber barons" who plagued the area around Paris, and then the ever annoying presence of the Anglo-normans , who had using normandy [remember england was taken and controlled from william the bastard of normandy in 1066] as a staging point , to proceeded to attack Brittany. In 1077 , William the Conqueror , had been fought to a bloody stalemate and he had finally made peace , and given up his hopes for that province.

Ever more barons proceeded to revolt , but the french state was not as weak as it once was, and ever so slowly they regained control , making the crown , the foremost power in there lands. But the continual draining of such warfare, and with his elderly age ,meant the king , left the miltary matters to louie , and the constable ,whilst he remained in the care of his wife, Bertrade , who as ever , plotted to promote her children with the king[ her son with Fulk, Count of Anjou later became king of Jerusalem ] for the kingship of france.

------------------------------

[King Baldwin I of Jerusalem]

Baldwin , [also known as Baldwin of Boulogne] had little been prepared for his rise to power in the east.Since Godfrey of Bouillon [the first king of jerusalem] had died in 1100, many of his [Godfrey's] retainers had now supported him , despite the claims of Tancred's uncle, Bohemond I of Antioch. Godfreys supporters had favoured him , and allowed him to enter the city , and the patriarch crowned him king in Bethlehem on 25 December. Since then he had not been idle , taking Arsuf and Caesarea in 1101, Acre in 1104, Beirut in 1110, and Sidon in 1111, [some of these dates are in the future , but you get the picture of Baldwin securing the surrounding lands] with the assistance of Genoese and Venetian fleets and smaller crusader groups, but all his attempts to capture Ascalon and Tyre failed.

After his victory in the third battle of Ramla in 1105, the Egyptians launched no major campaign against the Kingdom of Jerusalem. But he knew that ultimately his kingdom, although it had a army of experienced troops , was no match for the combined strength of the surrounding kingdoms , and feared either there alliance or one of the islamic factions prevailing over the other , as a major threat to his lands.

In such events , he would seek help from both the byzantine empire and the Pope of Rome , for salvation . Recently a turkish diplomate had asked him for a non-aggression treaty and knowing the lands to his north , had already signed the same agreement, had little choice but to join in such a treaty, but he was ever warily about there reasons for such a thing. As surely it, would lead to the turkish states to secure there lands , and such a move , would be of little help but rather make a growing threat in the east.

turn passed to the Holy Roman Empire

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzliyzjmvv...anE_1.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; December 27, 2017 at 11:38 AM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

is it ok that i do my turn on friday/saturday? i’ll get home then

Sure

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Sorry for the delay, turn will be fnished at some point tonight. Been a busy weekend

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Byzantine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18v...PWWszL5bzyOgKA

I'll edit RP in when I have some more time

Can we destroy buildings from settlements that we start with?